Chapter 78 – The Reason for Team
488 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Primo was blankly staring at the food when Ruby held his hand, cutely looking at him, "Dad...food will go cold."

Primo blinked, looking at her, as a smile appeared on his lips, "now, now, don't go soft on me."

He took a deep breath, raising his head, making the other three look away, "you too, guys. No one died, so stop acting as if someone died."

Bobbi buried herself in the food, "well, you girlfriend did go to jail, and we might lose our job when the New Boss takes over. So it's understandable if you are upset."

May Parken warmly smiled, leaning forward on the round table, putting her hand on his, "right, everything will be fine. The least I can do is make sure that you and Ruby don't go hungry."

Primo chuckled, "don't worry about that. I got an offer from Stark Industries, so I might keep my job and might even get a raise."

Peter finally couldn't keep it hyper energy inside, "wow!! Stark Industries! That's where I want to work when I grow up! The Iron Man is the coolest!"

Primo smiled, stroking Peper's head, "I'll try to get you an autograph, but no promises."

Peter's eyes were shiting, "really!!!"

"He said no promises," Ruby nearly broke Peter's heart as she coldly repeated the facts.

Bobbi looked at her, smiling, "I like the girl."

Ruby glanced towards her, "I guess you are ok too...for a scientist."

"That's Ruby, for she likes you a lot," Primo stroked her head, smiling. He looked at them with a soft smile, "and, thank you. Guys."

In Bus,

Jay was sitting on top of Bus, cloaked and hiding in an open area near a forest. There was a smile on his face when Monica phased through, appearing in front of him.

"Girl, you are going to give someone a heart attack," Jay narrowed his eyes, watching her.

Monica plopped down, sitting beside him, "watching the stars?"

"Yeah."

"They look even more beautiful from space," Monica looked up, remembering.

Jay stared at the stars, glancing towards her, "so, something you wanted to talk about?"

Monica raised her eyebrow, "Yes, I was thinking about leaving the team."

"What's wrong?"

"Well, for one, there isn't much to do. The Hydra is taken care of; Creel was brainwashed, so we took care of him. Now he is almost a good guy. He is working as a mercenary for SHIELD, and I recently heard that he was hired by AIM. The few others that we found are basically taken care of. While the leftover members of Hydra have gone super underground. Basically, other than SHIELD work, we have nothing better to do," Monica chuckled, "the world is too peaceful. Others feel like that too, even Coulson and Melinda."

Jay narrowed his eyes, "all right. I guess I should come clean. Can you ask everyone to come together? I have a confession to make."

"Hmm," Monica narrowed her eyes, "all right. Sure. I want to hear this."

Shortly,

Jay found himself in the meeting room, alone, blinking, "right, meeting not here."

He walked over to the lounge, looking at Coulson, Melinda, Fitz, Simmons, Skye, Antoine Triplett, and Monica sitting there.

Skye grinned, looking at him, "you went to the meeting room, right?"

Jay categorically denied it, "Nope, not at all. I knew you were here."

Antoine chuckled, "sure you did."

Monica leaned back, "come on, guys. You are going to make him cry."

Jay sat down on the floor, putting his hand on it, "all right. As much as I want to cry to keep this joke up. I can see you want to hear something else. I heard you all feel that we are unnecessary?"

Coulson maintained the smile on his face, "well, SHIELD is up and running again, and we really don't have much to do. Other than the wait, that is."

Fitz shrugged, talking in his Scottish accent, "We actually don't mind. We are getting so many fundings for our projects. I didn't think it was possible! We just completed the next version of Night-Night guns."

Simmons shook her head, "not calling it that."

"But, why not?"

Jay watched them with a smile on his face, making Coulson frown, "you know, the way you are looking is giving me a bad feeling."

Antoine nodded, "it's like you are about to say something that is going to change everything."

Skye rubbed her hands, "I have got goosebumps."

Jay sighed, ruffling his hair, "this unit wasn't made for the present. It's made for the future. The targets that we have had are just small targets used to train you. Or at least mentally prepare you. This is an Avant guard unit. For the times to come."

"Yuuppp, that sounds ominous," Skye sat up, focusing, like all the others.

Coulson intensely looked at him, like others, "what is going to happen?"

"Sooo...remember that I told you about my Teacher, Sorcerer Supreme? Who has Eye of Agomoto, a magical artifact that allows her to see numerous futures?"

Simmons leaned forward, "you did say that Sorcerer Supreme can see the future."

Melinda didn't seem to believe but entertained the idea, "so, even if you say that she can see the future. Did she something bad happening?"

Antoine smiled in interest, "so we are here because your teacher saw a bad future coming?"

Monica raised her eyebrows, "didn't you say that she sees numerous futures. It might not come to pass?"

Skye frowned, staring at Jay, when Coulson spoke, "No, as quiet as he is. It's something worse."

"Exactly what I was thinking," Skye nodded, not blinking her eyes, "so?"

Jay let out a breath, rubbing his cheeks, "she can't see any future. All the futures of Earth end in 2012."

Coulson sucked in a breath through his teeth, wincing, "yeah...even though I don't believe it. But...that sounds bad."

"Wait, is this like that prophecy from the Maya that the world would end in 2012?" Fitz confusedly asked.

"Also, if the world was ending, then why need a team?" Melinda asked.

"Well, this might just be a coincidence, but yeah...like the Maya's prophecy," Jay looked towards Fitz before answering Melinda.

"The reason why we are here is that Ancient One saw why the world was ending."

"Cool, since we know what brings apocalypse, we can stop it. Is that why this team is here?" Skye excitedly sat up.

"Ah, Hydra might have gotten in the way without understanding what is at stake. So we were taking out Hydra and being trained at the same time?" Monica asked, with lit-up eyes, "that's genius."

Jay scratched his head, "yeah, we are not here to stop the apocalypse. It can't be stopped. Not entirely."

"Exactly," Fitz nodded, "if you have seen the future, then you can't change it."

Jay tiredly sighed, hearing Fitz and Simmons argue, "no, that is not it either. It's not an apocalypse, you see, the reason why Ancient One can't see the future. Because technically, our world is going to end. This reality will end when it collides with another reality. Which would become our new reality. But until then, Ancient One can't see the future."

Monica nodded, "Ok, you lost me."

Melinda shrugged, "same here. Coulson?"

"No, no idea."

"Wait, that would mean that multiverse theory is real?"

Jay stood up, "I guess I should have started with that." He snapped his fingers, creating a shockwave, and their bodies shot backward, disappearing.

"Uwuwuwuuwuwuwuwuwuwwuwuaaauauuauauaa!!!!"

"Buuguguguguguguguu!!!!"

"Fuufuuaufaufaufuafaufaufauafuaffa!!!"

"Lalrlarlalrallralrallral!"

Jay watched them come back one by one, sprawled all over the floor, "hmm, I can see why Ancient One likes this. It's kinda fun."

Skye was lying on the ground beside him, holding her mouth, "worst roller coaster ride, ever."

Monica was lying on her stomach on his left, tiredly laughing at Skye, "at least you didn't lose your humor in the multiverse."

Fitz got on his knees, "so the multiverse is real?"

"Yup," Jay nodded, with pity in his eyes.

Simmon followed after him, sitting up, blankly staring at the floor, "and that means two realities are going to collide?"

"Yeah."

Fitz continued the line of questioning, "and that means the anyone of the numerous Earth's variation or the universes could be on the other side."

"Uhh...No. It seems that the ones coming for us are the nearest realities. So, it's going to be like a familiar world," Jay said, "but it could be crazier or less crazy. I have my money on a more crazy one."

Simmons took a long breath, "great, there is the distance between realities. Of course, there is."

Coulson coughed, coming to his hair with his finger, sitting up, "does Fury know of this?"

Jay shook his head, "I asked Ancient One if I should involve Fury. But according to her, this is not something humans can deal with. So every time they try, they will make it worse. Especially Fury. According to her, he tried using Tesseract, which didn't end well. He tried calling Carol Danvers, which brought the attention of Kree, who learned of it and tried to destroy Earth before Convergence could take place. In another, he tried asking Thor, which caused Odin to learn of it. Who tried destroying Earth. In another, Loki learned of it, which brother a Galactic Warlord over."

Coulson stopped it, "all right. I believe you. Telling Fury is a bad idea."

"Carol?" Monica sat up, "you know about her?"

Jay shook his head, "guys, you aren't taking being able to see numerous features seriously. In one of the futures, Carol told Ancient One about the pager she gave Nick."

Coulson frowned, "ok, you know that too."

Fitz sat up, "wait, why would Kree and Odin destroy Earth?"

"Yeah...about that...The Convergence/Incursion will last for 8 hours, with two Earths as the center. If one of the Earth isn't destroyed, then both the realities with crumble and be destroyed."

"Oh, wow. You buried the lead there," Skye stared at him, "like really buried."

9