Chapter 85 – The Plan
428 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tony walked on the bridge with Steve behind him, pushing Loki into the room, "are you sure we want him here?"

Wanda raised her head from the file, "yeah, don't worry. Helicarrier comes under the influence of my rune. Other than me, no one can use magic or sorcery here. He's a little to no threat."

She turned her eyes towards her Pietro, running around Thor, "I need to know where the Space Stone is. I can peek in his mind."

"What's wrong with him?" Natasha walked in, looking towards Primo, looking pale and asleep.

Wanda softly looked towards Primo, "he's running out of time. That means we are all running out of time."

Tony blinked, confusedly looking at them, "what is going on?"

Nick sat down, with Maria Hill standing behind him. As Rogers put a tied-up, mouth gagged Loki on the chair, "I have no idea. But I have a feeling that we are going to hear about it."

Thor looked at Wanda, surprised, "there are Witches too on Midgard?"

Wanda nodded, "yes, frankly. It's tiring with what all you can find on Earth. Anyway, have a seat. It's going to be a long and confusing explanation about what is going on."

"Wait, Wait, I am here!" Bruce came rushing in, stopping in front of them, "I want to know what is going on as well."

Thor walked to find an empty place, "I am fine standing."

Tony, Banner, and Natasha sat down. While Rogers stood, resting his elbow on the chair that Loki was sitting on.

Wanda glanced towards Pietro standing behind her, watching everyone with interest.

She raised her hand, and the center of the table got covered in a void. There was a purple spherical prism in between the void.

"Ok, you can do magic? We get it. What is this?" Tony curiously looked at the sphere, making Wanda took a deep breath.

Her eyes looked at everyone on the table, "this is...what some believe...the shape of the Multiverse."

"Stop, a Multiverse? Do we live in a Multiverse? Hah! I knew I was right!" Tony stood up, making a victory fist.

"For those who don't understand, I will make it simple. Think of our Universe as a three, with an infinite number of branches growing from it, forming a tree of their own. These infinite trees are what form a multiverse."

Steve frowned, "I think I get it."

Thor nodded, "I have studied about this as a child. But how does it matter now?"

Wanda created two Earths, "here are two different universes in the Multiverse, and guess what? They are on a collision course. And an event like that is called Incursion. Because Midgard/Earth is at the root of World Tree, it becomes the center of that collision. Long story short, the two realities will collide against each other and destroy each other."

"You are saying we are all about to die?" Banner stood up, covering his mouth, looking towards Nick, "you said there is another team on this! How do they plan to save us from that."

"No...that is not real. If something like this was going to happen, then Father would know," Thor shook his head in disbelief.

Wanda shrugged, "well, as I said. The phenomenon takes Earth as the center. We have kept it hidden from the Universe."

"Why? We could help!" Thor shouted.

Loki stirred in his place, almost laughing from his gagged mouth, making Wanda remove his gag.

He coughed, laughing, "thank you."

"Why are you laughing?!" Thor became even more annoyed.

"Don't you get it? Brother? The phenomenon takes Earth as the center. If Earth is destroyed, then there will be no Phenomenon," Loki laughed, looking at Wanda, "you are in trouble. Big trouble."

Thor covered his face, "there is still another way. We can relocate all the living beings of Earth to Asgard or the other Nine Realms. That way, we can still save the Universe and everything on Earth."

"It's a misunderstanding that if Earth is destroyed, then the Incursion will stop," Wanda spoke again before they spiraled out.

"When you clap your hands. If someone destroys the first point of contact of your hands doesn't mean that your hands will not clap. It's an illusion. With or without Earth, the Universe will collide."

Steve let out a nervous breath, "wait, we are talking, then there must be some way to stop it."

Wanda nodded, "Now, time for lesson number two." She waved her hand like turning a page, and six gems appeared in front of everyone.

"When the big bang occurred, it created six gems, each representing a concept, and Infinite Energy," Wanda held the blue gem, and it turned into Tesseract, "the Tesseract."

She crushed the Tesseract, holding the space stone, "also, the space stone."

She held the yellow one, and it turned into Loki's scepter, turning back into the yellow stone, "mind stone."

She held the red one, which turned into the aether, "the reality stone, also known at the aether, wielded by the Dark Elves in the ancient past."

She looked towards Thor, "you grandfather tried to destroy it. But couldn't. So he hid it in a safe place."

Thor blankly nodded, "I think I heard the stories as a kid. Mother told us."

Wanda held the purple gem, "power stone."

She held the green one, which turned into Eye of Agamoto, "time stone. It is also a chief weapon in the arsenal of Sorceror Supreme. It is what helps her keep Dormammu, the Ruler of the Dark Dimension. He has enough power to devour the Nine Realms with ease. Now that she doesn't have it anymore, Primo has to use all his strength to keep Dormammu at bay."

"So...like right now...he's using all his strength to fight an interdimensional entity?" Tony looked at Primo as if making sure.

"Well, not most of it. Three sanctums on Earth create a magical shield that protects us from invasion from other dimensions. But Dormammu's influence can still burrow through, and influence people, and make them destroy the sanctums. He's making sure that those holes are filled, so most of it."

"I can't believe that I am saying this, but that makes so much more sense," Tony said.

"Where did it go? The time stone?" Fury frowned.

Wanda picked the last stone, "this is the last of the set, soul."

"Other than soul, we have been able to find the location of the other five. Since putting them together is too dangerous, we planned to bring them to one place when the Incursion starts. But because of Loki here, Jay had to go collect them now. With six stones in one place...wielded by one person. Jay will have enough power to tear the Universe down to the last atom and remake it in their own image. But since we can't find the last one, he would barely have enough strength to change the nature of Incursion. Rather than destruction...he will cause the two Universes to merge. Both sides of a mirror...will become one."

Wanda let out a breath, "that is why... we must have the space stone...before the time arrives. But if space stones are activated... they will break the barrier, and the two realities will start colliding. In that case...we will have eight hours...to defeat the invading army, other-dimensional entities, and maybe even creatures from other Universe. Get that space stone to Jay."

"If you say he will have enough power to tear down the Universe and remake it. Can't he just come and take it?" Maria quizically asked.

"Hahhahahahahahahaha!!!!" Loki laughed, shooting a look towards her, "you think a human can wield something like that?! It wouldn't be a wonder if a human-like her could wield one. But five? This is a suicide mission!"

Wanda raised her hand, closing her palm, causing Loki's body to wrap around in crimson strips. Especially his mouth, making him meet with her glare, "He will not die."

Thor shook his head, "I hate to agree with Loki...but a human can never wield that much power. Even my father won't be able to wield those gems and come out alive. Otherwise, my grandfather wouldn't have hidden reality stone. According to the stories, Dark Elves used just one of them to cover the Universe in darkness. You have to understand how much power the five of them wield."

Pietro chuckled, "and you don't understand how much power Jay wields. He will not die."

Banner hesitated before speaking, "the radiation from the two stones that I have seen is mostly gamma. What if I do it? It's like...I was made for this. If anyone can survive, then it's me."

Wanda shook her head, "thank you, doctor. But trust me...if this plan meant Jay's death, then I would have never let him go through this. I would have chosen a more dangerous path of using Echo, the most advanced AI on Earth. Created a body for her, made of one of the strongest metals in the Universe, powered it with the strongest of magic. And let her wield the five infinity gems without any worry of her dying."

"That sounds very impressive," Tony rubbed his chin, "why aren't we doing that?"

Wanda sighed, "one of the gems is Mind Gems. There is a chance it could corrupt Echo in the long term. Because she is an AI, she doesn't have enough will to resist the corruption."

"Yeah, that sounds bad," Banner spoke, nodding with pressed lips.

Natasha stood up in a flash, causing others to look at her. She stared at the table, looking up towards Wanda, "he will survive...right?"

Wanda lightly nodded, with confidence, "yes...he will."

"Then why was he acting like living the last days?" Natasha glared at her, tightening her jaw, pressing her fingers on the table, breaking it.

Wanda parted her lips, closing them, looking at others, "find the space stone. The Universe depends on it."

11