Chapter 88 – Gravity Girl
451 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Banner climbed on one of the leviathans, using his high-frequency vibrating axe to cut it apart into two, "Hullllkkkk!!!!!!"

Thor slammed another Chitauri rider down, "No! It still doesn't have that aggressiveness in it! How about you get angrier and don't talk?!"

Banner awkwardly tried to scream again on top of a falling leviathan, "cough! I don't think this is working."

There was a silver zig-zag flash in the air, and numerous Chitauri riders started falling. Quicksilver wearing a silver-symbiote suit came to a stop on top of a falling rider, "and here I used to think you guys were cool."

A shield passed, inches away from his face, making Quicksilver step back, nearly falling. He looked towards Captain America, floating in the air with gravity boots, holding the shield, "less talking and more attacking. We have only been able to stop half of them. Others are about to reach the areas where people are still evacuating. We need to stop this."

Quicksilver opened his mouth to warn him when an arrow hit the Chitauri rider behind him, blasting him. His body lunged forward, passing the Captain from the left while his rider passed through the right.

"Captain, the Chitauris that slipped by are coming back!"

"Hawkeye? Thanks for the save," Captain America looked in all directions, "from which side?"

"It seems they collected on one side and are rushing towards this direction."

"Which side?"

"On your right."

Captain turned towards his right, ordering others, "Banner! Stay on leviathans. Quicksilver, handle the smaller ones. Thor, blast that hoard!"

"Aye!" Thor rotated the Mjolnir in his hand, watching the hoard come closer. But the closer it got, the smaller the strength behind Mjolnir got.

"Wait, is that?" Captain involuntarily asked, seeing a person wearing black armor, a black mask, and a hood fly towards them.

The person was somehow dragging all the Chitauri behind them as they flew near them. She stood in front of them, with Chitauri floating behind her, "I heard this is the alien dumping grounds? I brought trash."

Captain Rogers let out a smile, looking down, "Yes, Yes it is."

In Space,

Natasha scanned her empty surrounding until her eyes fell on the Chitauri mothership, "well, it's better than being too late. Echo, how can you connect back to Earth and tell me the situation?"

"At this distance? Yes, I can. Give me a second."

Natasha waited for a few moments when Echo spoke again, "it seems that there haven't been any casualties. Because of Convergence Protocol, the evacuation unit cleared a half-mile around the Stark building. Iron Man and Scarlet Witch still haven't come back. But Captain America, Thor, Quicksilver, Hawkeye, and Doctor Banner have been keeping most of them at bay."

"What about the one that they couldn't stop?"

"It seems that Gravity Girl used her powers to bring them all back near the Stark Tower."

"Gravity Girl?"

"Yes, Miss Ruby Prometheus. Sir Primo's daughter."

"She? Isn't she too young for this?"

"Yes, but then she was genetically created for a project like this. Although, the Hydra training made her too unstable. She has been able to gain some mental stability in the past three years and some motivation to fight for the good. The suit she is wearing is made of nanites made of Gravitonium, allowing her to control Gravity."

Natasha raised her eyebrow, impressed, "that means I have time?"

"Yes, what do you want to do?"

"I am a spy...I am going to get the Chitauri tech. Can you help me?" Natasha curled her lips into a smile.

"I have all that technology."

"Can I use it?"

"No."

"Then get ready to do some downloading."

"Yes.'

Between Two Realities,

Jay was sitting in the void between two Earths, looking at an image of Natasha in front of him. He watched her with a smile on his face, shifting his eyes towards the other illusion, watching Wanda talk to a middle-aged Hank Pym.

"Sir?"

Jay looked at his watch, "should I be surprised that you are active even between realities?"

"Are you, Sir?"

"About how much you have grown in the past 20000 years? Not really. When I gave birth to you, I used my powers as the base. I hoped that you would reach this level," Jay softly smiled.

Nanites started rising from his watch, swarming behind him as a body formed behind him. Two soft hands wrapped themselves around his neck as soft cheeks rested on his shoulder.

He tried to glance back, but her soft fingers tapped his cheek, stopping him, "don't...look."

Jay closed his eyes as she touched his forehead, touching the protruding area on his forehead. Space, Time, Mind, Reality, and Power. All of them were in his forehead, with only a little portion of them revealing to the surface, "it's still missing one..."

Jay kept his eyes closed, feeling the touch of her hand, "yeah...but soul requires soul. That works in so many ways."

"It's always like this...whenever you are close to your death...you become complete. I don't think I can see this again..."

Jay softly smiled, "I am a singularity. Be it through parallel worlds, through past and future, through reincarnation. I will always remain the same. That is the burden of immortality that I bear. But this Convergence has given me an idea."

He raised his hand, taking hers, as the Ring of One slid out his finger. He put it on hers, "take care of this."

"Yes, My Master."

Jay raised his hand, creating a portal, removing her hands from his neck as her body crossed over. He opened his scarlet eyes, closing the portal, "even after so many times...there is a part of me that doesn't want this to end."

He took a deep breath as the stones on his forehead started glowing, and his body started unraveling into scarlet light that fell on the two realities.

The stones started breaking down with his body, making a smile appear on his face, "my soul should be strong enough to fill in for the soul stone."

His body dissipated, and a new golden gem appeared with them.

And yet, the scarlet light broke them down, turning them into streams surrounded by a scarlet stream, flowing between the two realities.

The infinity streams lost their color, merging, causing the scarlet stream to grow and spread.

New Earth,

Wanda stared at the sky, seeing the scarlet sea cover the whole sky, forming an empty region between the two realities.

It was like a tunnel that connected and kept the two realities away from each other.

Tony and Anthony walked over to her, staring at the sky near the Convergence machine that Hank Pym was ready to operate.

But right now, he, like many other members of Omega Flight, was staring at the sky as the two realities started moving towards each other, stopping.

Suddenly, the whole crowd around them burst out in cheering and laughter.

Hank Pym let out a smile, leaning against the console of his machine.

Anthony patted Tony's shoulder, "congratulation. It seems your friend succeeded. Vision doesn't have to die now."

Even though it was a happy occasion, Tony was frowning, "after something like that...will he survive?"

Wanda took a deep breath, her breath was nearly shuddering, "he'll survive. I know he will. We just have to find him in this universe."

Tony scratched the back of his head, "let's hope you are right." He turned towards Anthony, "do you know any Jay? He looks like...too handsome? Scarlet eyes, black hair?"

Anthony rubbed his chin, "too handsome, even more than us? Doesn't sound possible. But no, I haven't heard of anyone like that." 

"I have," Natasha walked over, looking towards Wanda, "you told me to find someone like that, and Nick Fury did. But he's dead."

Wanda frowned, "that's not possible. Wait, what did you find out about him?"

"There is little information on him. He was a mutant, and he was responsible for plunging the world into war. Nearly causing World War 3. He's the reason why mutants are persecuted."

A frown on Wanda's face became deeper, making Tony pat her shoulder, "don't worry. We will find another way. Let's be happy that most of the other Avengers aren't evil."

Wanda shook her head, "no. I know of this one. I know the reason why the war started and why he was at the center of it. But this might be a problem...there is a reason why this world's Jay decided to freeze himself cryogenically."

"Then you know, he should never be awakened. No matter what," Ororo walked over, narrowing her eyes as he stared at Wanda, "I don't know how you know of the X-Men's greatest protected secret. But we can't let you awaken him. I doubt that the Omega Flight will allow you."

Wanda tightened her jaw, letting out a sigh, "yeah...I know. Not this one."

11