Chapter 99 – Missing Soul?
385 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Primo sat on the sofa, hearing the construction noise enter his ear, sitting around the table with Bobbi, Matt Murdock, Elektra, Jessica Jones, Robbie Reyes.

Elektra pointed at one of the corner rooms, "we need a dojo, a training hall. I need a place to practice with swords."

Bobbi nodded, exchanging a glance with Elektra, "I like the idea."

Primo pointed at two other rooms, "there needs to be a lab where I can make your equipment and uniforms. And another in case there is a chem disaster."

Murdock shook his head, "I have my practice. I can't live here."

Elektra glanced towards Primo, raising her eyebrows, nodding her head towards the side, "I am...you know."

Robbie leaned back on his chair, with one leg on the other, "I have my job, and I have to take care of my brother. I will stay here until my brother is healed. When are you going to heal him."

"That, don't worry. Ruby is just bringing it. Anyone else that can't stay here?"

Jessica raised her hand, "I can't. Mom and I started an investigation agency of our own. I need to be there."

Primo nodded, "well, then what we need is to set up portals."

Matt frowned, 'you can do that? Make portals?"

Primo smugly smiled, tilting his head, "bro, remember who you are talking to? Bro?"

"Yeahhhh....don't do that again...never ever," Ruby walked over with a small silver box in her hand.

Bobbi shifted, letting Ruby sit down beside Primo, as Primo curled up, looking down, "sorry...just...trying new lingo?"

Elektra shook her head, "don't. I am with her...it just...doesn't suit you."

Jessica tried to hold back her laugh, but couldn't, making others look at her, "what?! I am loving it, the fact that he's stupid."

Ruby pushed Jay back, staring at Jessica, "even if he's stupid. He's my stupid father. Don't say things like those!"

"Yeah, that doesn't..." Primo tried to say something when Ruby shot a look at him, "shut up."

"Yes, Ma'am."

Jessica challengingly looked at her, "oh, yeah? What are you going to do about it?"

Ruby tightened her jaw, giving Jessica a death glare when Robbie leaned forward, "enough."

The two of them glared at Reyes. But his eyes were transfixed on the silver box, "what is in that?"

Primo softly stroked Ruby's head, who backed off. She gave Primo the box, which he opened.

There were two veils of liquid, with the shades of orange, one light, one darker.

He placed them in front of Reyes, "this...is Extremis. It's like a mild, very mild supersoldier serum that focuses on regeneration."

He pointed towards the lighter one, "this version can make an average human as strong as the strongest humans in their field. At peak, a human can run 12 m/s, and an average human can run 5 to 7 m/s. This can turn that 5/7 to 12 or even 13. Allow them to lift 600kg or strike much harder. But like I said...the focus is on regenerative abilities. It should be able to help your brother get back your feet and give him some extra strength."

A joyous smile appeared on Reyes's face, he moved forward to take it, but Primo took it back.

Reyes frowned when Primo took another veil, "just listen for a moment. This other one...is Extremis 1.2. It doesn't just give extra oomph. Run at 50m/s, 2 to 5 tons lifting strength, higher striking strength, rapid regeneration. Unless the heart and head are pierced, you can go on. The world has become dangerous, and it was already dangerous before. With your profession...ask your brother, and let him decide. Which one he wants...and tell him...about you. He needs to know."

Reyes frowned, leaning forward to take the box, "he doesn't."

Primo held the box in his grip, making Reyes struggle to take it, "he does. Don't forget, there are two Earth, there are two Dormammu and two Mephisto. Both like to sneak through the gaps, the lies, the secret, and tear the relationships apart. To use those close to us, against us."

He emphasized, "you need to tell him. If you can't? I will. This box won't unlock before that."

Reyes stood up, snatching the box, "I'll break it then." He rushed out of the house, pulling the door with too much strength, breaking it.

Matt sighed, "I can already smell trouble."

Primo shook his head, "don't worry. The first message in that thing is if Reyes tried to break it. Then the Extremis would be destroyed. He would never risk that. Anyway, I'll start working on those teleporting options; that way, you can come whenever you like or need."

"Just one last thing," Murdock leaned back, "I wasn't sure a few days ago when Reyes said that you don't have a soul. But I read the SHIELD reports...I heard Mr. Reyes's story. I know more about the astral plane, and I felt something about you is different from others. I really think that you might not have a soul...why is that?"

Jessica scoffed, "you really aren't believing that bullshit, right? I know he keeps saying that doormat and devil bullshit. But isn't that just his way of handling that madman?"

Elektra glanced towards her, "there is more to the world than what we can see."

Bobbi defensively glanced towards Murdock, "I, for one know, he has a soul...otherwise he wouldn't be here. Trying to help."

Primo tapped her thigh, "no...he's right...I don't have it. A soul. I lost it during Convergence."

"Excuse me?" Bobbi leaned forward, giving him a look.

"Dad?" Ruby worriedly looked at him, making him pat her head, "don't be worried, it doesn't suit you. Let me explain. You all know what is a paradox, right?"

"A seemingly absurd or contradictory statement or proposition which when investigated may prove to be well-founded or true," Jessica said, showing the screen of her mobile, "it's on google."

"Well, there are paradoxical phenomenons as well," Primo let out a breath, "like what happened to me...and Jay."

"Back up a moment," Elektra stopped him, leaning forward, letting out a short incredulous laugh, "Saint Jay? The one who tried to make the world a better place, safer place? Used all his money to improve humanity's living situation? Was a superhero wizard that stopped monster attacks? Cured Hulk and made him a force for good? And saved the two universes? That Jay?"

Primo raised his eyebrow, "umm...ok...didn't know all that but yeah. He used the Infinity Gems. Have you read of them?"

"Yeah, it was in the files," Murdock nodded, "the six that were born with the universe. Stones with infinite powers, and the things that he used to save the universes."

"Yeah, then you know one of them is the soul gem. It takes a price...a soul for a soul. The soul of the one they love. But Jay didn't want that, so he tried to use his own soul in addition to the other stones to work the miracle that we see in the sky."

"How is that related to your condition?" Elektra quizically asked.

Primo sighed, glancing towards Ruby, "uh...yeah. The six gems of this world attracted the six of the other. The two pairs of gems merged, forming the ones that work in a new reality. But the soul gems...needed a catalyst...another soul, for another soul. I was watching while I was trying to stop the being from the other dimension was invading. So, I offered mine."

Ruby stared at him with an unbelievable gaze, "you did...WHAT?"

Primo sighed, "anyway, I should be dead. But for some reason...maybe because the two soul gems merged and the rules changed, 1 soul because 2, and 2 became 1. It created a paradox because of that paradox. His soul and my soul are in there...in the sky. But we are alive at the same time."

"Jay is alive? And you saved the world?" Jessica looked at him with her mouth agape, "and you didn't find that important enough to tell us?"

"What is there to tell? Jay saved the world, but as long as he is dead, he is a messiah. A light that brings the world together. He comes back to life? The government would do everything to do to bring his image down. The technology, the ideas, the property. Everything that he had been keeping away from the hands of government and army. It will be theirs. Now, he's just an idea that they could use to control people. A dead savior is a savior. A living Savior? That is just a reminder of weakness, hopelessness, and a dept that can't be repaid. He is on the other Earth, making a new life for himself, "Primo let out a breath, "and I was scared that this would come out, so I wanted to stay out. Anyway, my soul is there, but it's not like I am soulless. Even though it's not physically or astrally here? I am one with my soul. So...you get it, now? It's a..."

"Paradox," Murdock raised his head with interest, even though his blind eyes were looking somewhere else.

Primo looked at them, seeing the mood of others was low, "Hey, guys. I know that the world is a shitty place. But there is something good in this shitty world. For those simple moments...for that little purity....for that love between parent and child. The husband and wife, lovers, or just a kindness for a stranger. For that...I fight, so I could see those simple moments...just one more time. What do you fight for?"

13