Chapter 110 – Villains and Doom
320 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, currently, the world is being overrun by villains, and starting with most prominent ones. We have...?" Jay looked towards Captain America, who stared back at him, realizing.

"Oh, me? Right. Red Skull, or should I call him Iron Skull now that he has Arc Reactor and Iron Man's armor," Captain spoke, narrowing his eyes.

"I'll take it back," Anthony spoke out of the little guilt he was feeling, even though it wasn't his fault.

Captain glanced towards everyone, "Red Skull on his own is not so much of a threat, but his new Ideology of bringing other Supervillians together under the banner of Cabal. With the recent outbreak, there are plenty to recruit from."

Jay nodded, looking towards Hawkeye, who shrugged, "my turn? Well, I'd go with Baron Zemo and Von Strucker, the other two heads of the New Hydra. They were recently freed from prison as well."

Jay glanced towards Tony, "I think it's the tech-heads. Armin Zola, working with Baron Zemo, the Leader who escaped, MODOK in the Cabal. Also, the Supreme Scientist Monica, who provides support to MODOK. If we find proof for AIM supporting terrorists, we can shut them down, and these supervillains stop getting their funding."

Jay turned towards Janet, who flew up, "my turn?! Well...let me think! Mmmmm...The only major player left is Doom!"

Jay nodded, "anyone else?"

Janet looked around with big eyes, moving from Captain America, Tony, Falcon, Hulk, Hawkeye. When Thor slammed Mjolnir on Holotable, breaking it, "what does this has to do with the weapon!"

Anthony pointed towards the table, "you know I am going to bill you for that?"

Jay shrugged, "everything. I have been making a list to find out who released the criminals and from all four prisons simultaneously. So I have been making a list and scratching out the name. Find the purpose behind this act, and until recently...I was getting nowhere when Thor talked of the legend that doesn't bode well for him."

"Ohh?" Thor hesitated for a moment, hearing about it, "what does that mean?"

"It means we have a...let's say...we have a blind spot. Whenever we consider threats...we consider the threats to the Earth, from the Earth. So when I was looking at this release...I was wondering about who would benefit and how, from Earth."

"Wait, you think that the threat is coming from outside the Earth?" Falcon raised his hand in front of his chest, stopping him, looking at him with a tilted head.

"Yes, you might not know this. But someone from this universe interfered and is helping someone re-create Pym particles to make an army of Ant-Man, and weaponize it."

"What?!" Janet flew up, staring at him when he looked towards Thor, "also, Amora seemed to have been kind enough to visit."

"The Enchantress?!" Thor looked in shock when Jay shrugged, "Yes. That's when it hit me. I thought one person was creating all the trouble."

"But there are two, and one of them wants Thor gone and has great knowledge of Asgard and its legends. Also hates Thor," Captain America frowned, speaking.

"Are you people thinking what I am thinking," Anthony raised his eyebrow, crossing his hands.

"Loki!" Thor slammed the hammer down again, "But that is impossible. He was thrown in the Isle of Silence when he tried to use the Frost Giants to take over Asgard!"

Jay shrugged his mouth, "maybe? Or maybe he knew there was a powerful Enchantress that could free him?"

Thor's frown became even deeper when Jay spoke, "now that we know about this. I think it's about time that you explain what that legend is. How is Loki planning to use the Midgard Serpent to harm you? I know the other Universes version. Enlighten us with this one."

Hawkeye nodded, "frankly, I think it's a good idea that we know what the trap is if we are walking into one."

Thor looked at them, sighing, putting his hand on the broken Holotable, "according to the legend, only I can defeat the Midgard Seperpant, at the cost of my life."

"Oh, that is bull," Janet puffed her cheeks, "it's just a Serpent; We Avengers can take care of that!"

"Once awakened, the Serpent would grow in power and size until it devours whole of Midgard!"

"You mean that Serpent is going to eat the Earth?" Captain widened his eyes, narrowing them, "we have to stop it before it's released!"

"Right, we have wasted enough time; Where is it?" Hawkeye shot a look towards Jay, who leaned back, "yeah, this part...was the good news."

"Now for the bad news. Jarvis," Jay closed his looking at the picture of the embassy.

"Latverian Embassy! It's Doom!"

Jay stood up, shrugging, "as I said. The good news was, now we know our enemy. The bad news? We know our enemy."

"Ok, so who has a plan?" Janet sat down on Jay's shoulder, looking towards everyone.

Hulk walked over, smashing his fist on his palm, "if you done talking. We Smash!!!"

"I like Hulk's plan!" Thor raised his hammer.

"Yeah, I have something better," Iron Man rolled his eyes.

"Better be, or we are really going to face Serpent of Doom," Hawkeye smiled, making others look at him, "what Serpent of Doom? Get it?"

"Yeah, let's move."

Shortly,

Latveria's embassy's airspace,

Avenjet was the jet that Avengers used when they went on a mission in the far regions of the world.

Unlike the showy red and gold of Tony's armor, Avenjet was red and white, which was...well, still showy.

Although most of the time, this color wasn't visible since it was cloaked. The insides of the Avenjet were big enough to carry him, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Hawkeye, Janet, and Captain without making it feel crowded. There was still plenty of room.

Although it did have just one room, and this was it.

Iron Man looked from the windshield, staring at the Latveria embassy, "all right. I have got everyone's task assigned."

"Please tell me it's got me detonating an explosive arrow," Hawkeye was sitting beside Captain, who was flying the Avenjet.

"There is no time to waste, Archer; We must retrieve this weapon before more damage is done!"

Hulk's fist was touching the roof of Avenjet as he stood in a comfortable position, "I am already bored here."

"Don't drag your knuckles, Hulk. We can't just bust in," Iron Man looked at them.

"Iron Man's right; anything related with the embassy must be treated with extreme delicacy. Even though it might cause the world to end," Captain said.

"Falcon, Hawkeye, Jay, we need eyes, above and below," Irom Man just said when there was Hulk's roar, and the whole Avenjet shook.

Jay looked towards the door, broken, opening, walking towards the control station, when Janet peeked out of his pocket, "what? It's starting?"

"Yeah, our two big guns just flew the coop," Falcon stared at the broken door and missing Hulk and Thor.

Jay used the speaker, clearing his throat, "Oh, good. Everyone! If you can hear me, then retreat a few blocks. Doctor Doom is here, and he plans to use a dangerous weapon to rule the world. Avengers are here to stop him! I repeat, Doctor Doom plans to use a dangerous weapon to destroy everything. Please retreat!"

"What are you doing?! Not only did we give ourselves away to Doom, but also caused panic!"

Jay removed the white glove from his left hand, touching the cross, "Crown Clown."

There was a bright light that covered his body without hurting anyone's eyes. His left arm turned into a razor-sharp black claw, energy wings appeared on his back, and a cowl covered his body.

When the cowl moved, disappearing into a flash of light as Jay glanced back at Iron Man, "yeah, don't worry about panic. The cowl can move nearly at the speed of light. It can help with the evacuation and make sure no one gets hurt. But if Doom succeeds...this whole block or the city is going down. By the time we land, the whole block would be clear."

"All right, that might be a good call," Captain patted his shoulder, "it seems that Hulk and Thor have decided for us. It's a frontal attack."

Janet came out from his pocket, stretching her hands, "finally! I was bored of all the talking! Avengers Assemble!!"

Jay jumped down from the Avenjet, holding his left wrist as his left arm transmuted into a sword.

An arm made of white stones replaced it, forming a slender hand as he landed on the grass beside Thor and Hulk. He looked at the robotic dogs with laser eyes rushing towards them. He raised his left hand, which grew in size, as his gigantic palm-covered all the Doomdogs, smashing them at once, "Now, I can smash too."

Hulk blankly looked at it for a moment, patting Jay's back, "Hulk likes you!"

Thor wheeled Mjolnir, "that's the way to do it, my friend!"

"Oh good, we have another smasher in our team. Like we didn't have enough," Hawkeye landed on the wall, shooting towards the few Doomdogs left.

When a shield appeared, smashing two more, and another hit by the beam.

"All right, Avengers. We must stop Doctor Doom from summoning Midgard Serpent at any cost," Captain ordered, catching his shield.

When Doctor Door walked out of the embassy, holding the hammer-ax, as he smashed down the hammer, breaking land under them apart into two, "You are too late!! What you dread will come to pass! And in its wake, I will use it to rule the world!!"

10