Chapter 113 – Sephiroth Vs. Avengers (Interrupted.)
303 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lyle Getz stood between the Avengers and Sephiroth, staring at Avengers, "what are you doing? You know this is an invasion of private property! Arrest him? For what crime?"

Iron Man stepped forward, "for the crime of killing Monica Rappacchi. There is also the fact that he is a clone made from the genes of Jay Scarlet and possesses supernatural powers. He also might be housing an interdimensional entity that wants to devour our planet. Now, step aside."

Lyle was shocked by the barrage of information, but he didn't want to step aside. When he was struggling, he felt a hand on his shoulder, making him look towards Sephiroth, smiling at him, "please, step aside. It seems there has been a misunderstanding."

Lyle became flustered, hastily stepped to the side of the room, holding his head, 'what the hell I am doing. I am practically fawning over him.'

He took a deep breath, trying to calm his pumping heart, looking towards the Avengers.

Sephiroth looked at them with interest, shifting his cat-like green eyes among Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Falcon, and Hulk. His expression turned disappointed, "he didn't come? I was hoping to see him. He'd understand."

"You can meet him if you come with us," Captain America talked, "we just want to talk and make sure that Dormammu hasn't affected you. And you can explain why you killed Miss Monica."

Sephiroth looked towards Captain, with the smile hanging on his lips, "if I refuse?"

"Oh, you don't wanna do that," Falcon suggested when Hulk rushed in, screaming, "Hulk!!"

Hulk smashed down his hand, punching him towards Sephiroth, landing on him.

Behind Hulk, Falcon shook his head, "I warned him."

"Yes, you did warn me," Sephiroth's voice entered their ear, and Hulk's body shit backward, hitting the Avengers.

But just as the five of them were about to hit the wall, their body stopped, safely falling on the ground, "please...this is the only place that I can call...home. Do not break it."

Iron Man opened his mask, half his body was buried under Hulk, "what happened?"

Hulk opened his eyes, "he stopped...Hulk's punch."

Falcon sat up, "what, some kind of ability?"

"No...He strong. He stopped Hulk's punch."

"Is that even possible," Captain America stood up, with Hulk, as Anthony and Thor lifted themselves, "apparently, it is."

"I will test him," Thor spoke, without hearing the others, who were telling him to stop. He threw Mjolnir, rushing after it.

But abruptly, his footsteps came to a stop, seeing him catch Mjolnir like it was nothing.

Sephiroth curiously looked towards Mjolnir, "is this the hammer that grants you powers? Makes you the thunderer?"

He tightened his grip around the hammer, and it broke apart, dropping onto the floor in pieces, "I wonder...what you are without it? Thunderer? Thor? Hero? Asgardian? Prince? Or just a man?"

Thor stepped forward, dragging his step, falling on his knee, "that is impossible...No one can break Mjolnir."

Sephiroth walked over towards him, "I doubt that. It was easy to break it as well. You really shouldn't be throwing it towards people."

"Stay away from him!" Captain America thew his shield, hoping to hit Sephiroth. But Sephiroth walked towards Thor, without even looking when the roof and floor moved simultaneously. The pillars rushed towards the shield breaking apart, forming spherical cups, meeting together, tapping the vibranium shield in between.

The pillars retreated, with the shield inside them, merging back in the roof and the floor, hiding the shield on one side.

Sephiroth stopped in front of Thor when Hulk came again, punching him, but his punch was caught by Sephiroth. Like an adult grasping a child's punch, "you lack skill. You are wasting all that power. It's disappointing really, I was expecting more from the Avengers."

"Hulk is the strongest!!" Hulk punched again with another hand, making Sephiroth raise his other hand to stop him.

The floor under Sephiroth's feet cracked as he stopped Hulk's assault in place.

"Enough, Stop!" Before the fight could go any further, a sharp, pained voice attracted everyone's attention, making them look towards the secret door behind the chair.

Monica was standing there, holding her waist, causing great shock to Captain America, "you are alive?"

Monica frowned, looking at Sephiroth's back, "Seph, stop."

Sephiroth pressed his lips, letting out a disappointed sigh, "sorry, Hulk. Maybe we can play again?"

"Play? You broke Mjolnir, and you call this play?" Thor stood up, angrily pointing at Sephiroth.

Sephiroth looked towards Mjolnir, "was that important?"

Monica strut near them, walking to Sephiroth, looking at Thor's angry face. She stood in front of Sephiroth as if protecting him, "please...I apologize. He is just born...he's curious about everything, and there is much that he doesn't understand."

Thor faltered, looking towards Monica's pleading face. When Sephiroth patted her shoulder, "don't apologize for me. I understand more than you know. I thought that the Asgard rules the Nine Realms and protects them, that includes Nidavellir, the realm of Dwarves."

He walked over to the Mjolnir pierces as a seven-foot odachi appeared in his hand, "I thought that the Dwarves could just make a better one. Like Iron Man's armor? I know he makes a better one. I just read it on the internet."

"No...Mjolnir was unique," Thor closed his eyes, "I have failed Asgard. I have failed everyone."

Sephiroth's sword pierced one of the pieces of Mjolnir. And the next moment, it turned back to how it was before it was destroyed.

Sephiroth bent down, picking it up, "here you go. It's all better."

Thor opened his eyes wide, looking at Mjolnir in surprise, taking it from Sephiroth, "how...is that...?"

Sephiroth shook his head, "I don't know. I just know...I have abilities. When I figure them out...I will tell you."

"Thank you, Mortal!" Thor patted his shoulder, laughing, "you have won my respect. Not only do you possess the strength to break Mjolnir, but you are also worthy to lift it."

Sephiroth narrowed his eyes, "can you please not call me Mortal? It's not that I am not. But that way of speech is disrespectful towards all humans. It's...condescending."

Thor's laughter broke while Monica gently pushed Sephiroth towards the table, "sorry. He doesn't know these things. Do not mind him. I'll teach him."

"No, do not apologize. I like Sephiroth's honesty," Thor shook his head, looking towards Sephiroth.

"Wait, we still don't know why he tried to kill you or attacked Emma. Or what Dormammu did," Anthony removed the Iron Man helmet, frowning.

Monica shook her head, "he's not dangerous. He can just sense emotions, and at that time, we were scared because of the rift and thinking about contingency plans or ways to kill if that Darkforce took over. He didn't understand...and instinctively attacked us. But seeing me in pain...he helped me. Please...he has done nothing wrong."

"But human cloning is still a crime," Tony frowned.

Sephiroth leaned against the table, scratching his head, yawning, "I am tired, and she is hurt. Can we put this on hold? We can talk about this later. In fact, we might be going to SHIELD to talk about this crime and make up for it. At the same time, AIM will cut all connections from MODOK and even help you get a location for Cabal. To make up for all the trouble that we caused?"

"Now you are a negotiation. Weren't you just born today?" Falcon raised his eyebrow, looking at him in interest.

"I do have the memories of my original. So I should be in my early 20s? But I am not him...I am different from him," Sephiroth glanced towards Falcon.

He glanced towards the roof, and Captain America's shield dropped in front of him, "as much as I want to talk to you guys. You are kinda cool; I don't want Miss Monica to walk around with a wound or worry."

He put his hand on Monica's back, "come on. You need to get your rest. Mr. Getz, please show our guests out."

"Yes, Sir."

Falcon blankly blinked, "so...we are leaving?"

"Yes, we are. That boy is not evil; You can trust me on that," Thor said, "but he is a strong one."

Captain America picked up his shield, "I don't know...something feels off."

"Whatever the case, we should leave for now. We have overstayed our welcome," Anthony fired his repulsor, flying towards the cloaked Avenjet.

Inside Secret Lab room,

The mess was cleared, and there was a big bed in the center, which Sephiroth sat down on,

Monica stood in front of him, removed her green shirt. Revealing her fair brown-skinned stomach, with a shallow cut in the middle, "you think they bought it?"

Sephiroth raised his hand, stroking the cut with his finger, making Monica close her eyes. The cut healed, without even leaving a scar behind, "probably not. But it bought us time."

Monica fell down on her knees, bowing her head, "I and AIM will serve you with everything that we have."

Sephiroth stroked her head, raising her head, cupping her cheek, "that you will."

He pulled her closer to him, kissing her lips, staring into her eyes, "with everything that you have."

8