Chapter 117 – Vampire Widow
353 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Avenger Tower,

"Mmmm, peanut butter," Hawkeye was sitting on the railing of the first floor of the training room, watching Captain punch the punching bag.

Jay was leaned on the railing beside Hawkeye. His head was slumped, with his body covered in sweat. And a towel on his head, "you know that Hulk is going to kill you for that."

Hawkeye hesitated for a moment, darting his eyes between Jay, Peanut, and the gate, "don't tell him."

Jay's voice became a little high-pitched, "Ummm, I am pretty sure that he'd know."

Jay was staring down at the floor with a soft smile when Hawkeye stood up, whispering, "we have intruders."

Jay glanced up, seeing a group of men dressed in black ninja outfits, moving towards Captain America.

"Little late for the cleaning crew, ain't it?" Hawkeye threw the peanut butter jar to distract them, holding his bow in the other hand.

One of them jumped towards the first floor, effortlessly breaking jar, while the other jumped towards Captain.

Barton landed on the training floor while the creature landed on the first floor. He didn't miss a beat when he moved to attack Jay, but his body stopped. He glanced down towards his chest, seeing Jay's finger at the center of it.

The creature turned his eyes to look at Jay again, seeing him rest his hand on the railing, his chin resting on it. His head turned towards the creature, with his scarlet eyes watching him, "you lack...skill."

The creature's body burst apart in black smoke, making Jay stood straight, "hmm, so it's those things."

The creature appeared at the bottom floor, trying to attack Hawkeye when a broad sword went through him, impaling him. Its body turned, changed inside the clothes before it turned into dust.

Jay jumped down the first floor, with the cloak helping him float when the alarms of Avengers Tower started going off.

"We could have handled it," Jay landed beside Hawkeye, impaling another that was jumping towards them.

"You mean by killing them?" Hawkeye rolled his eyes when the wall broke. Hulk walked in, "you rang?"

Iron Man came flying from behind them, with Janet and Falcon not far behind, "you know Hulk when I build this place. I designed it with doors."

Hulk looked back at him without saying anything, "you are right. Doors are overrated."

Falcon used the time he got analyzing his opponents with the glasses he had, "they have no heat signatures or pulses!"

Captain caught one of them, revealing a demonic black face and sharp fangs, looking appalled, "it can't be!"

The creature growled as Jay impaled another, and Hulk punched one away, "Iron Man, there are UV light frequencies built in the tower, right?"

"Yes, but..."

"Fire them up!"

"Okay. Weird, but okay."

Iron Man fired up the UV light frequencies as the room turned purple. The creature dissolved in the light. All but one, she screamed, hiding in the shade of a pillar, saving herself.

"What just happened?" Hawkeye blankly looked towards the pillar.

"Vampires," Captain America spoke, walking forward when Jay looked at him with interest, "I didn't think you'd know about them. Where did you meet them?"

Captain Rogers glanced back, "you know about them? We had an uneasy alliance during the times of World War II."

Janet flew up, "wow, the two of you aren't serious? Vampires, really?"

She suddenly looked at Jay, stopping, "and you look like you have seen a ghost. Are vampires that scary?"

"That's not what I am scared about," Jay walked a step forward, removing the mask from the face of the trembling vampire, "I have heard her scream more than enough times to recognize it."

"Black Widow?!"

"Natasha!"

Black Widow's mouth was stretched out as she trembled, and a man's voice entered their ears, "Captain America. I send this female with a message. Her life in exchange of yours."

Abruptly, Jay pierced her through with the sword of Exorcism, "if you can hear me, Dracula. You will pay for laying a hand on her."

Black smoke came out of Black Widow, disappearing, color returned to her face, and Jay released his Innocence. He knelt down, holding Black Widow, stroking her face, "wow...she really looks the same. I wasn't ready for this."

Captain blankly looked at him, seeing Natasha return to normal, "what did you do?"

Jay looked up, "what? That's what my sword is for. Tt literally is called the sword of Exorcism. In simple terms, I exorcised Dracula. In a bit more complicated ones, I cut the virus that was turning her into a vampire."

He looked down, stroking her cheek, looking at her with a soft look, "she'll be fine."

Janet sat down on his shoulder, "so, were you two like?"

"A couple? Yeah. She broke up quite recently, so the wound is still fresh."

Hawkeye cleared his throat, "you do know that is not your Black Widow? It's ours?"

"Yeah, yeah. I know," Jay whispered, "I kinda forgot to tell my one that the organization that brainwashed her, the one she thought she destroyed at the cost of paying a huge price, was still there. And that I killed the leaders and that I asked Peggy to see over the organization. After freeing them from mind control, of course."

"Yeah, that would do it," Black Widow stirred in his arms, sitting up, putting her hand on his chest to support herself.

Jay glanced towards her, making her clarify herself, "I'd break up with you if you did that."

She closed her eyes into a smile, "but I'd also be happy and grateful that you did that."

"Yeah, you were so grateful that you ran away to the other end of the globe and didn't talk to me for two years," Jay raised his eyebrow.

"Then she's really different from me," Black Widow chuckled, while Falcon used his glasses to scan her.

Captain America sat down on his knees, "Widow, how are you?"

"Like I haven't taken a bath in days?" Black Widow held her head, "I was tracing a lead on Iron Skull in Transylvania. That was when I was attacked by Dracula."

"Maybe I'll buy that there are such things as a vampire. Big maybe, but Count Dracula? We are talking about the I want to drink your blood, guy, right?"

"Not Count; he finds that insulting," Captain Rogers spoke before he turned towards Jay, whispering, "did you say, Peggy? As in Peggy Carter?"

Jay whispered, "yeah, but she is with that world, Captain America. Sorry, Captain." 

Captain America nodded with a little disappointment and relief, "that's all right."

"Great, let me know when Frankensteins monsters and the Wolfman shows."

Jay looked towards Hawkeye and the others, "it's not magic, but science. Long ago, don't know at what point in this world. Someone must have gotten a hold of Darkhold."

"Darkhold? What's that?" Iron Man looked towards Jay, who explained.

"It's a book that holds the knowledge of one of the oldest creatures in the universe, with technology far more advanced than ours. Other than the fact that it corrupts the hell out of any living soul, or even androids, AI, or whatever tried to read it. And sends them on the path of destruction. It's cool."

"Yeah, doesn't sound cool to me," Falcon shrugged his mouth, shaking his head, "not at all cool."

"Dracula must have found the Darkhold and sought power to create an army. The book showed him this. A serum that makes him a vampire, or some kind of Biotech that is far more advanced," Jay shrugged, "anyway, whatever it is. I can free him off it. What happens to his human body then...is a different matter."

"We can't kill him," Captain frowned.

"Oh, Captain, he's already dead," Natasha raised her head that was resting on Jay's chest, "moreover if Skull was there, and Dracula is coming after you? Skull wants to bolster his forces with Dracula and his vampire army..."

"I think we have enough problems. With Loki in Asgard, and whatever went through this universe to the other to create a problem? The loose supervillain?" Anthony sighed, "let's just take care of this problem. But why would he want Captain? How is Skull connected?"

Jay blinked, looking towards Captain, "I said it's Biotech...but as you saw, it's not complete, perfect. Probably because it was made in the 14th century, Dracula didn't have everything. But now...there is Captain, and there is something special."

"Super Soldier Serum," Black Widow spoke, frowning, "it makes sense. Skill might have known about this when he researched Dracula. But now, he is using this to recruit Dracula and get rid of Captain simultaneously."

Captain America frowned, signing, "well, whatever it is. Let's go take care of one problem that we can. We have plenty on the to-do list."

Near Hudson River,

Sephiroth was sitting on the sofa that was facing the glass wall, looking at the view of moonlight shining on the water.

Monica walked over, with a sleepy look in her eyes, "you called?" She heard his voice in her head, calling her.

"We are going to Transylvania," Sephiroth spoke.

"Oh, can I ask why?" Monica looked at him with interest.

"I want...Dracula," Sephiroth's lips curled into a smile, "I think. There might be some way to use all that Darkforce trapped in the void left by my soul."

"I'll prepare," Monica glanced towards the woman with white hair, lying on the sofa, sleeping, "what about her?"

Sephiroth glanced towards her, "she's a scientist, isn't she? Take her."

8