Chapter 119 – Darren Cross
288 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Primo walked with a group of people, listening to the bald man, Darren Cross. He was showing them all about the Pym Particle, or the Cross Particles as he called it.

The only reason why Primo was here was that he knew that Darren Cross had perfected it. His own Pym Particles, and now he planned to sell it, to AIM, Hydra, and Ten Rings.

Although AIM had taken a turn for the good under his non-existent leadership. The reputation from before and the other universe was still there.

He wasn't expecting to be a part of the plan of taking down Darren Cross, but it was interesting, so he came over, and that too with Hope.

It seemed to have irked Darren more than anything, making Primo whisper to Hope, "what is going on?"

Hope trailed off at the end of the group, whispering, "it's a long story. But basically, when my mother got trapped in Quantum Realm, my father decided to send me away and started studying Quantum Realm. During that time, Father took a protege to teach and handle things."

"That much I can figure out on my own," Primo whispered, "what happened after that?"

"Well, you happened. You came and saved my mother, who was really mad at my father for sending me away when I was so young. This was why father started more and more time at home to make up with me and spend more time with mom. And Darren felt left out," Hope rolled her eyes, "a few years later, when I started working, he tried to reconnect with father. Through me."

Primo lightly chuckled when Hope spoke, "right, you already know there was someone else on my mind then. So, I didn't fall for all the charm, but it made me notice something. Darren seemed to have developed an obsession with taking everything away from Dad. It was like he wanted everything that Dad had, and then what? Become him? Become better? I don't know which one. I wouldn't be surprised if Mom told me he tried to make a move on her."

Hope took a breath, shaking her head, "anyway. He has been obsessed with Pym Particles and Ant-Man technology since, and...me. So...you just hit his hit list."

"And you are on his to-do list."

Hope raised her eyebrow, giving him a look, making Primo shrug, "what? I just had to say that. Kinda first thing that came to my mind."

Hope chuckled, "you can be so silly sometimes." She pulled him, walking in the safe room, seeing an Ant-Man-sized suit inside a protective pod.

Darren Cross cleared his throat, making them look towards him. The other buyers shot glances towards them in dissatisfaction, while Darren opened his mouth, pulling their attention towards the suit.

"This is Yellowjacket! You have already seen what it can do, and I am willing to sell it. But only the suit. It doesn't run on diesel, so if you want the particles? Come to me."

Primo narrowed his eyes, whispering to Hope, "tell me you have a plan?"

Hope raised her hand, looking at her watch, "yes, we have...and it starts...now."

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM*

Primo held Hope, getting down as the numerous blasts started echoing booming around them.

The whole place started to shake, again, and again, and again. When it stopped, Primo, Hope, investors from Hydra and Ten Rings.

Once the shaking stopped, the two stood up, while Primo looked towards Hope, "are you ok?"

Hope held on to his shoulder, getting up, "yeah, I am ok. What happened?"

"I don't know. Some experiment gone wrong?" Their ears were ringing, but Darren hastily passed them, rushing out.

Soon, an angry scream entered their ears, "No!!! No!!!! My research!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Primo shot a look towards Hope, who made a dubious smile before making a pained face.

The two, like the other investors, walked out. Only to find sunshine fall on their faces.

Primo stopped, walking a few steps, standing at the edge to look at the massive hole in the middle of the building, "what the?"

Everything was mostly destroyed, with the other two corners of the building visible. It was like the equipment had been sliced apart with a hot blade. This was the only thing that was left, making Primo narrow his eyes, "did the scientist...die?"

Hope pointed towards a corner, "No, look over there."

Primo raised his head, seeing numerous scientists huddled on the other end, running away through some kind of secret entrance.

The Hydra agent started backing off, so did the Ten Rings, making  Darren even more furious, "No!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't leave!! I will make this right!!"

He rushed inside the room, holding the yellow Pym Particles in his hand,

Primo whispered in Hope's ears, "I think we should leave. Where is the team?"

Hope took out an ear comm, putting it in her ear, hearing them talk, "they are checking if every last bit of that research has been destroyed. The only thing that is left is that Yellowsuit and those last bit of yellow Pym Particles. That's my job."

She walked forward towards the room with Primo. When their eyes fell on Darren, wearing the Yellowjacket. He stared at Hope, "you!!! I know this is that old man's doing!!!! Why!!! Why won't he accept me!!! He took away what was precious to me! I will take away what is precious to him!!!"

He pointed the suit's laser arms at Hope, and before she could react, he fired lasers at her.

Primo appeared in front of her, with the nano-gloves in front of him, releasing fire.

But the laser tore apart the fire, and the fire broke apart before Yellowjacket turned small, firing lasers on his gloves, breaking them apart. As the lasers went through his palm, burrowing a hole in them.

Primo winced; when Hope pushed him out of the way, four transparent wings appeared on her back, "you will pay for that, Darren!!"

She became tiny, rushing forward, kicking Yellowjacket in the stomach. Her body became large as she moved fast enough to crush its leg before he got away.

"AghhhhH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Darren Cross screamed, making Hope take some strength back and giving him a chance to get away. He became larger, firing lasers at Hope.

But Hope seemed to move at super-speed. She didn't turn or run, but her wings shivered, and she appeared a meter to her left.

"Enough, Darren, you have caused enough problems because of your obsession. And now, the particles are changing your brain chemistry. We can help you."

"I don't need help!!! You destroyed everything!!!! Everything!!!" No matter how many times he fired the lasers, Hope easily dodged it, moving towards him.

Seeing her get closer, Darren changed the target to Primo, firing the laser that burrowed through his shoulders, "Uggh!!"

"Darrrrreennn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Hope rushed forward, becoming tiny, landing punches and kicks, causing it to look like his body was bouncing in the air.

Primo stood up, holding his shoulder with his bleeding hand. He walked to the edge of the room, sliding against the wall to sit down.

His eyes were becoming blurry when the words of Heart landed in front of him, 'do you want me to create another Innocence?'

"No...wait...you can control it, right? The Innocence created?" Primo narrowed his eyes.

'Yes.'

"Can you create this?" Primo projected a Level 4 tech in his mind. The list that Echo carried was for his benefit since all the techs were jumbled in his mind.

'5000.'

"Oh, boy. That would destroy my mind. How about this?" He tried a lesser version of it which should be around Level 3.

'500.'

"Hmm, still too much. There isn't a Level 2 for this one, but there is something else. How about these two?"

'Each 50, and merging them would take another hundred.'

Primo closed his eyes; his mind was currently divided into three parts. With him controlling three bodies, Jay, Primo, and Sephiroth. But one-fifth of his mind was corrupted, broken, which was fed in Sephiroth's body.

If he went through this, then that one-fifth might change into one-third, and that would mean. His Sephiroth side would become pure evil, "I can still handle that. But I might not be able to handle the one behind Darren. If I think it is...who it is...then this is not over. Do it."

'Very Well.'

Omega Earth, AIM,

Sephiroth was standing in a lab when he nearly fell to the front, dropping the chemicals in his hand.

He could feel his mind getting corrupted, breaking apart when he opened his green cat-like eyes. He used his power to keep his mind from disappearing.

He breathed heavily, with sweat covering his cheeks, "this was tougher than I thought it would be."

He took a deep breath. His eyes became cold as the Heart lost some of its power and the Darkforce started pouring out.

He looked around, seeing the Dark Dimension, walking on the rock that was floating in space. He watched the purple mist, massive prism floating in space.

A massive face appeared in front of him, "mortal-"

But before it could even talk to Sephiroth, there was a while flash, and Sephiroth returned to the lab, "Dormammu. Heart. Darkforce."

He straightened his body, covering his face, "Dracula."

7