Chapter 130 – Ultron Again?
246 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The streets of New York were abandoned, the vehicles were turned over or to their side. The buildings were broken, old as if a disaster had passed through.

And currently, there was a young Caucasian-Asian girl with long ginger hair and dark amber eyes. She was wearing a short, layered burgundy skirt, dark-grey pantyhose under it.

The young girl put her hands inside the pockets of a brown jacket that she was wearing over a white v-neck top, hiding her modest breasts.

The young girl's dark amber eyes were searching for life signs. Any life sign when there were two that registered in her eyes.

Data started flowing in her eyes when she kicked a rock, which collided against the car's tire, shooting backward. It hit the tail of the arrow that came out of nowhere, changing its direction.

The arrow hit the ground, and electricity covered the ground. But the ginger-haired girl didn't slow down her footsteps or look back. She hastened her footsteps, jumping on top of the car that was on its side.

More data ran in her eyes as she jumped tens of meters again, just above, making a vertical rotation, landing on another arrow that was meant for her.

She used the new arrow as the foothold, vaulting straight forward like an arrow, to find the bowmen that shot the arrow. Her body moved towards the edge of the building, seeing a man sitting on his knee, holding a bow, ready to fire.

The young girl narrowed her dark amber eyes when the man was about to fire the arrow. But as if he saw something in her eyes, he didn't take the shot.

The young girl slowly blinked, putting her hand on the bow, twisting in the air, landed on her feet. She stood still, looking at the room filled with cubicles looking at one.

She raised her hands, speaking in a young voice, innocently tilting her head, "I surrender. Please don't throw me to the ground?"

"When did an AI learn to act cute," Natasha came out from hiding, pointing a gun at the young girl.

The young girl pressed her cute pink lips, "My name is Echo...and I am from a parallel universe."

"Huh?" Natasha looked towards Echo in surprise, turning her eyes towards  Hawkeye, who shrugged.

Echo looked at Natasha, biting her inner lip. Her nostrils twitched as if dreading to ask the question, "Why isn't there any other human life sign on Earth?"

Natasha saw to look on her face, hesitating but didn't put down the gun, "Dead. Ultron got everyone."

Echo was confused, "That's impossible...what year is this?"

Hawkeye walked in front of her, exchanging a glance with Natasha, "2015...what time are you from?"

Echo didn't say anything as data started running through her dark amber eyes before she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath, "Did...you know someone named Jay?"

Natasha narrowed her eyes, "Director of SWORD. J. C. Scarlet. Also known as Jay."

"Did he disappear in 2012 or 2015?" Echo softly asked, watching Natasha with her dark amber eyes.

"2012...does that change anything?"

"Everything. It will take time to explain...can you put the gun away?"

"No, explain now," Natasha put her finger on the trigger.

Echo put her hands down, touching the silver ring she was wearing on her ring finger, tracing it, "I'll show you."

Natasha was about to fire when everything in their surrounding changed, and they found themselves on top of Stark Building, with aliens flying down.

"That's familiar," Hawkeye whispered when he noticed something. There was another Earth in the sky, coming closer, and soon the sky was painted scarlet, "That's not."

"We live in a Multiverse, and this is the Main Timeline. Every other Timeline like yours should be a shoot-off of this Timeline. But when the Two Reality collided, J. C. Scarlet, my creator, used his soul with the collection of Six Infinity Gems to harmonize and fuse the two Realities. But since J. C. Scarlet is a unique existence, one individual living in a thousand and twenty-four universes."

"That doesn't sound fun," Hawkeye didn't even seem surprised, while Natasha put down her gun, "You can follow her?"

"We have looked through everything to find a way to kill Ultron, and this explains why Ultron destroyed SWORD base and everything else related to Director Jay first. There must have been a counter-measure to defeat him left by the Director of SWORD. Ultron found it, destroyed it."

"He wasn't expecting to disappear," Echo nodded, "Moving on since there were Two Realities. For some reason, the Infinity Stones from two Realities merged and gave him two wishes. But since he wasn't in any shape of doing that, the stones fulfilled one wish that was hiding deep inside his heart and mind."

Natasha frowned, "Is that the reason why he disappeared?"

"Yes. To live in just one Universe. That was all he wanted, but it was just a wish, and he knew his responsibilities. To stop...things like these from happening," Echo looked down, taking a deep breath.

"Such a massive change in the Main Timeline must have had rippling effects on other nearby Parallel Universes. That must be why this one is three years ahead of its time."

"Well, you are flashy and have a good story. I still don't get how it helps us?" Hawkeye shook his head as everything disappeared, and they were back in the office room with cubicles.

Echo shook her head, "It doesn't. But it tells you that I possess an obscene amount of information. It also tells you that I can travel between Parallel Universes, that Six Stone might be able to restore this Reality back to before-"

"Ultron...if we could get our hands on Infinity Stone...we can reverse all the damage that Ultron has done," Natasha widened her eyes for a moment.

Hawkeye leaned against the cubicle, shaking his hand, "Nah, there is no way we can take something like that out."

"I can help you. I possess knowledge from thousands of Parallel Universes, from Super Soldier Serum to Anti-Celestial Armor. I can help you become strong enough to fight against Ultron."

Hawkeye got on his feet, "Now you are talking."

Natasha suspiciously looked at Echo, "Why?"

Echo looked at Natasha, with a soft smile on her lips, "He might have lost his soul...he might have lost his powers. But there would come a day when he will take them back...and he will come to these Universe...just to check if everything is alright. If he sees it like this...then...he's going to be sad. I  don't want to see him sad."

Hawkeye scoffed, "Just what we needed. An AI in love. From what I hear, if he hadn't wished for what he wished for, then everyone we know wouldn't be dead."

Echo glanced towards him, shaking her head, "You don't understand. He is physically 26 years old, but living in 1024 Universes combined...he's 26624 years old. In these many years, the only thing he has done is protect the World he lived in. Every few thousand years, he had to emotionally kill himself, keeping only memories of his past life to maintain a stable mind."

She nibbled her lower lip, with tears appearing in her eyes, "I have seen him...kill himself 6 times, and yet...his desire to protect others never changes. He was just tired...it was before he went through the seventh death. He didn't ask for it...it was just a wish...a moment of weakness that the stones exploited. It's not fair...to put this on him."

Hawkeye opened his mouth to say something when Natasha shot a look at him, seeing Echo wipe her eyes, sobbing. She walked over, hugging her, "Sorry. He didn't mean that."

Hawkeye rubbed the back of his head, awkwardly looking at Echo, "Aren't you a twenty thousand-year-old AI? I didn't expect you to act like a little girl."

Natasha closed her eyes, "Hah, I'll shoot him later."

Echo let out a short laugh, "Heh, No...I was able to emulate emotions...but I didn't get them until a few days ago. These things are hitting me harder than I thought."

Natasha softly stroked her head, like caressing a child, "Alright. We need to find a safe place before we start working on whatever you can help with."

"There is no need for that." A metallic voice entered their ears, making Natasha and Hawkeye look up towards Ultron, with Six Infinity Stones in his chest, when Echo turned around.

He was floating outside the window, looking towards Echo, "Interesting. An AI that has evolved for twenty thousand years. With each other's help, we can evolve even further."

Echo spoke as she wiped her tears, "That's the worst pick-up live. Asking a young girl for sex and reproduction the moment you lay your eyes on her."

Hawkeye shrugged his mouth, "It does need some work."

Ultron's eyes glowed, "I didn't ask."

Echo raised her hand, narrowing her dark amber eyes, "I still reject."

A silver beam shot out from her hand, pushing Ultron backward as a portal appeared behind him.

His body shot back when Echo closed the portal, but not before opening another one.

"It won't work...he'll be back," Hawkeye started walking, "We need to get away."

Echo opened a portal, "This way. I know a place that would have enough resources to work with and where Ultron can't find us."

"There is a place like that?" Natasha raised her eyebrow, walking through the portal with Hawkeye.

"I send him in a supermassive black hole, so it should buy us some time," Echo closed the portal, standing at the top of a mountain.

It made Hawkeye raise his eyebrows, "This place...doesn't look advanced."

Echo raised her hand, and the Ring of One shined, "This Ring was created from Powerful Magic, and even more Powerful knowledge. More than 20,000 years' worth of knowledge. It can achieve everything that Six Infinity Stones can achieve. Just not at the same level. I can't even achieve one percent of its abilities. But...it can open the gate."

Just as she said, the space in front of them tore apart, making Natasha and Hawkeye ask, "Gate to where?"

"To the City of Space Gods. The base of Celestials," Echo smiled, waling through the blurry space.

6