Chapter 136 – I’ll Risk Again
203 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The central room in the citadel was filled with sounds of fights, beams, magic, thunder. It was a huge mess, with nine people ganging up on one.

Iron Man in Uru armor was just kicked back, nearly colliding against Jean, who stopped him with telekinesis.

She felt a change and Tony's armor changed into Hulkbuster armor as he shot back in the sky with his hands pointing forward.

But Sephiroth just held him in his place with one hand. It didn't matter how much power he put inside his thrusters. He couldn't make Sephiroth budge an inch.

Ororo flew behind Sephiroth, projecting a storm of ice, but it didn't even scatch him or trouble him.

Sephiroth rotated Hulkbuster armor, throwing him at Storm when Doctor Strange appeared in front of him, "Seven Rings of Raggadorr! Ring Repulsion!"

A bright red flame ring of magic appeared, firing a beam that hit Sephiroth's wing, which he used to protect him, "And here I thought you were as much of a noob as Earth's Doctor Strange."

His wing shot out, creating a force that smashed away Doctor Strange, but Jean took his place. She held a sword made of white flames, trying to impale him, but he tilted to the side, dodging it. He gripped her jaw, whispering in her ear, "You know...I know what you don't remember. The way you acted...begging...ready to do anything...to go to any lengths. I must say...it's intriguing."

Jean tightened her jaw, flames whiting her eyes, "You bastard!!!"

Sephiroth pulled her close with a jaw, smashing his knee in her stomach, making her cough out saliva, "Ugh!"

He threw her on the vibrations that were coming towards him. Her body shot down the platform.

Ruby glanced towards a horrified Skye, "I'll get her!"

She was about to leave when her eyes inside the mask widened, feeling his presence right behind her. He leaned forward, with one hand on her shoulder, whispering, "Little girls have no place in this battlefield."

He grasped her shoulder, and the armor containing gravitonium, her source of ability, broke down, leaving her powerless.

"Ruby!!" Crystal fired a fireball, and Daisy threw vibrations at him.

Rambeau took this opportunity, get hold of Ruby, taking her out of this room.

Sephiroth suddenly came to a halt, narrowing his eyes, "Oh, that was a waste of ability."

Kitty used this opportunity, making him intangible, burying more than half his body inside the platform.

Iron Man landed in front of him, wearing Uru armor, pointing six cannons on him, with repulsors, "You will pay for doing that to Rubes."

Sephiroth's body phased through the platform, passing through Tony, becoming solid, "I think I already paid the price."

He just said when his eyes widened. A white Pheonix made of flames appeared out of nowhere, about to smash into him.

His body broke through the air, breaking into a statue, colliding against the spaceship's wall.

He laughed, floating in the air, slashing the Masamune, cutting it into two. As the upper half of the statue slid down, Sephiroth's cat-like green eyes, watching Jane, "You are angry."

Jane stared at him with cold eyes, "I'll kill you."

Sephiroth let out a smile, "You can try, but since the playtime is over. I won't hold back."

His wing flapped, and he appeared on the platform, with eight slashing hitting the seven of them. He cut apart the platform, statues, even putting gashes on the walls.

Sephiroth walked towards the console, not watching them fall. He took the data sphere, "My work here is done, and someone troublesome should be coming at any time. We'll see again. Also, I suggest leaving this facility in ten minutes. It's going to be destroyed."

There was a thud sound of someone landing and the voice following, "You are not going anywhere."

Sephiroth turned, destroying the console, looking at the person standing on the edge of the platform, "It's you. You were the chosen."

Omega Flight, some time ago,

"So you are saying that there is a chance Sephiroth is already in space?" Nick Fury frowned.

But Reed corrected him, "No, he's saying that Sephiroth is in space, and he converted Hyperion's ability into Innocence, and then he killed Hyperion. Because all Innocence's are generated from the Heart, they return to the Heart once the wielder dies. Return to the Source. It's brilliant."

"It's twisted," Jay sat on the chair, leaning backward, "Heart can't devour or just take powers away. It's not in its nature. Yet, Sephiroth found one loophole to twist the whole thing. To use Heart's purity for his purpose."

Jay scratched his cheek, "I rushed here to come clean about it, but from what you say, Reed figured it out."

"Leave that aside," Nick frowned, "Are you saying that he has gained the power of the alien and his tech?"

Jay shrugged, "No, and I don't know. For some reason, he isn't using Hyperion's powers. Which gave me access to them, and that is how and why I came here."

"You want to fight against him?" Peggy asked when Bruce shook his head, "No, he can't."

"Exactly, this much power? It's a waste on me since I can't fight our closest, biggest threat," Jay took a deep breath, "I am here...to give this Innocence to someone."

Reed shook his head, standing up, "That's impossible. I have looked through the massive day-to-day data that you send every day. There is a high chance that the Innocence would reject the person, and it will end up with this person being dead."

Jay nodded, "Probably...but I know one person in this room that beat all the odds. Someone I know will use this power for good. Someone...that could lead all the Heroes with this power."

All eyes in the room turned towards Steve, making him look at Jay in surprise.

Jay leaned forward, gazing at Steve, "I believe...if there is one person that can survive this. And one person that I can trust this much power to. The question is, will you take the risk?"

Steve looked at Peggy, holding her hand when Vision spoke, "Why didn't you just ask the Captain America that you work with?"

Jay looked up at Vision, "Sharp question."

Vision blankly looked at him, "Was I wrong to ask?"

Jay leaned back, letting out a breath, "I want to say because I have known Steve longer and worked with him more. But it's a more rational decision. I possessed great power...and with great power comes-"

"Great responsibility?" Natasha curled her lips, making others look at her. She shrugged, "It's Spider-man's catchphrase. I read."

Jay pressed his lips, "No. Responsibility doesn't depend on power...power just helps in acting out the responsibility which we always carry. Anyway, it's loneliness, alienation. Omega Earth's Steve...he's already lonely, in a different world than what he knew. Without old friends, lovers, family. Steve here..."

"Has friends and a lover from his time, and new friends and comrade from this time," Peggy completed his sentence, "He's a better candidate of the two."

Jay looked at Peggy, "So? What do you think?"

Peggy looked at Steve, whispering, "What do you want to do."

Steve interlocked his fingers with Peggy's, "I took the risk when I wanted to serve the country...I took that injection for my country, and I became the hope for the people of my country. Today...the people of two worlds are looking for hope...if I can give them. I am ready to take the risk again."

Peggy tightened her grip, kissing Steve's lips, "Ok."

Jay stood up, "Since it is a powerful Innocence and gave me full power. I got about 1000 points of energy. I can only use half of that. So you might not have the same level of power as Hyperion, but the good thing is when the Innocence grows, you will have more power than him. If you want to defeat Sephiroth...work with others."

"I understand."

The Citadel, Hyperion's Spaceship,

Steve got on his feet, walking off the platform, floating in the air as Sephiroth watched him with interest, "You are a good choice."

Jane came up, reaching the same height as them, wounds healed, "Captain...you are different."

Steve nodded, "I got Hyperion's powers."

"That's one story I want to hear, but I think I know what happened," Tony also came up, with his suit reformed.

Sephiroth held the data sphere in front of him, "This thing has all the data."

Steve frowned when Tony filled him in, "All the data on this ship and Hyperion's tech."

Sephiroth crushed it, turning it into dust, making Tony jump up, "What did you do!"

"I told you. It's either my way...or no way," Sephiroth moved his hand, and Masamune fashed, cutting apart the spaceship as it started falling apart. He smiled, looking at Jane, "Save them...or come after me."

Jane growled, struggling before she shot downwards and Sephiroth disappeared.

Tony and Steve flew down, "Go left, and I'll go right!"

Omega Earth, AIM.

Sephiroth appeared in his office, looking at White, Monica, and Emma sitting around the table.

White was already standing, and the other two joined her when Sephiroth put the white sphere on the table, "Here."

Emma took up the sphere, "Perfect. What about the Citadel?"

"Well, once they leave it alone for even a moment. I will take it."

Monica hugged his arm, rubbing his back, looking at him with a confident, happy smile, "Congratulation."

"It's just step one."

6