Chapter 142 – Great Idea? Greater Trouble.
228 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying the story, and if you are you can also find more chapters on my Patre-on! There are about 100 more chapters on my Patre-on. There is a link in the synopsis, so just copy it, paste it, and now there are annual memberships that are available with 16% discount! So join now!) 

"Hm...hmm...hmmm...hmmmmmmmmm. Hm...hm...hm...hmmm...hmmmm."

"Not playing your violin?" Wanda lay on Primo's sofa, looking at him with a smile on her face.

Primo raised his hands as if holding a violin in the air when it appeared, making Primo adjust, "You want to hear it?"

"You want to play it?"

Primo didn't answer as he started playing the violin, making Wanda smile, closing her eyes.

She adjusted her head on his lap, hearing the music, enjoying it as she rested.

She fell into limbo, awake but sleeping.

"Excuse me?"

Wanda opened her eyes as Primo's music stopped. The two of them looked towards the main door of the house.

Monica Rambeau was standing at the front door with an awkward expression on her face. She seemed to hate that she disturbed the mood.

"Miss Rambeau...? Why are you here?" Primo confusedly asked, dropping the violin that disappeared.

Monica Rambeau awkwardly looked around before rushing over, taking a chair from the dining table, bringing it to sit down in front of Primo and Wanda.

"Ok, so you know that we recently went to space to fight against Sephiroth, right?" Rambeau looked towards Wanda, asking if he knew.

Wanda lightly nodded when Primo leaned against the sofa's arm, putting his elbow on it, "What about it?"

Rambeau fixed her gaze on him, "We were nearly powerless against him...I have the power that I can move at lightspeed and destroy a planet...but I was powerless. Let alone most of the others were."

"About that," Primo leaned forward, "You weren't fighting at your full power. So, it's not as bad as you think."

"But I was! I tried my best!" Rambeau shook her head, thinking he was trying to make an excuse.

Primo lightly smiled, "Go, see Tony. He should have figured it out by now, and then come talk to me."

Rambeau confusedly looked at him when Wanda nodded at her, making her back off for a moment. She hesitantly looked towards Primo again, "Is it true...? Jay is...your?"

Primo raised his eyebrow, "What? Someone said something?"

Rambeau awkwardly stood up, "No, nothing! I'll leave!"

Primo watched her leave, stroking Wanda's head, "That girl...she couldn't keep her mouth shut."

"Did you tell her to keep her mouth shut?"

"Mm, No."

"Then it's your fault that everyone thinks you are your own father," Wanda laughed, sitting up, letting out a breath.

She tucked her hair back, turning her body towards him, "We need to talk."

Primo's palm faced the roof as he put it towards her, making Wanda take it, "You already know, right?"

"I have an idea what you are going to say," Primo whispered.

"You need to get out of the house...other than Ultron, when was the last time you went out?" Wanda scooted closer to him, stroking his back.

Primo didn't say anything when Wanda kissed his cheek, "And I am sure it's not just this body. You are doing the same with the other two bodies. Be it as Primo, Jay, or Sephiroth, you don't leave your comfort zone unless you have to, right? Why do you think that is?"

Primo rolled his eyes, "What? You a shrink now?"

Wanda put her hand on his cheek, making him look at her, "I did postgraduate in Psychology. Which I studied for circumstances like these.  So, why do you think you don't like leaving your comfort zone?"

Primo hesitated, "I don't know...I just want to rest?"

"Rest? Or are you just scared?"

Primo laughed, "Why would I be scared?"

Wanda scooted even closer, stroking his chest, "Maybe before you lived in thousands of worlds. But because everything was so similar to each other. And because you grew up in them, you were familiar."

Primo tried to stand up and get away when Wanda pushed him back down, "Now, you live in just one world, and it has changed, become more complicated. So you just want to stay in the place that you are familiar with. Inside, where you can't see the sky that has changed."

"I thought shrinks job was to let the patient figure it out."

"Well, knowing you...you already have figured it out. You used to live in small houses, good views, even in your office. But you have yourself surrounded by four walls, closed rooms, bigger rooms. Isn't that why you stay in the living room most of the time? Jay...you aren't the only one going through this. Everyone is trying to cope."

Primo stood up, "Haaaufffffff, Shit."

"What?" Wanda knew that look. It meant something went wrong.

Primo closed his eyes, "I need to work. Fuck."

Omega Earth, AIM,

Sephiroth was sitting on his chair, in the closed office, with his eyes closed. He opened his eyes, and the roof at the top floor of the building disappeared, revealing the blue sky with the tinge of scarlet, "Hmm, can't believe that I didn't think of it before."

He looked towards the door, sending out a telepathic message, waiting until a man and woman walked through the door.

The woman with medium white hair was much more confident than the man who seemed to be uncomfortable.

Alia Gregor stood in front of him, "Sir, you called?"

"How is your progress with Project Dracula?"

Alia's confidence disappeared, "Sir, it would take time...a few years, to say the least."

Sephiroth looked up at her in surprise, "Before you were confident that you could do it."

"I can, but it would take time."

Sephiroth frowned, "With half the resources of the company?"

"Yes, a year or two."

"Full?"

"Half a year."

"Still too much," Sephiroth just watched her, making Alia feel sweat drop on her back, "It's a waste of time. I'll do it myself. I want you on another project."

"Sir! Please!! Just give me some time!" Alia entreated, "It's..."

Sephiroth shot a look at her, making Alia shut her mouth, "Yes, anything you want."

"Mr. Tarleton, I have heard a lot about you."

Dr. George Tarleton was dazedly staring towards the missing roof, watching the sky in shock.

"Dr. Tarleton."

"Yes...Yes...Sorry...I...have heard a lot about you too. I...my name is George Tarleton."

Sephiroth watched him with a light smile on his face when Commander White walked in, "Sir."

Sephiroth looked towards White, "How is the project going?"

"We can start First Generation Production, but Lady Monica and Lady Emma think we should use Hyperion's Technology to enhance the Assembly Line. The two are working on creating a workable suggestion."

"Sounds interesting, but no. With this project, I already know all the variables and have a solution to control them. There is no need to add a new variable. Also, I have a subsequent off-shoot project. Alia and Tarleton are free now. So, use them."

"What project?"

"Hmm, I haven't sorted out the details yet, but we are going to spread the individuals around the world. Different countries, to be precise and start some kind of AA meetings to help them cope with the change. Alia and Tarleton are going to build devices. Something like watches that keep tabs on their moods, an AI that they can talk to. Something to help them get over depression or any other moods," Sephiroth's eyes started twinkling.

"Call Emma and Monica back. I need their help to sort out the details. The world is scared, they are living in fear, in denial, and I am going to help them get over it."

He leaned back, looking at Alia and Tarleton's faces, "I am going to use their fear to control the worlds. This is going to be much easier than I thought."

Earth, Primo's House,

Primo was pacing around on the balcony, looking at the sky, "God, No!! Why did I have to even think about this! Shit!"

"That's actually a good idea. What are you so worried about?" Wanda was leaning against the balcony's door, quizically watching him.

"Well, it's a good idea? No, it's a great idea in my hands! In Sephiroth? It's the sharpest dagger that he can plunge in the world's back and control all its actions. Think about it? People wore these AI smartwatches. I used AI-controlled Plasma guns to control all the law enforcement."

"You are saying?"

"Sephiroth...could gain a subtle control of the world or worlds. With AI's collecting information, every watch could become a private investigator for him. Nothing would escape his eyes. Once you have people at your side, you gain votes, and those votes could be used to control the politicians. Every democracy would be under my control, and before long, I could use those democracies, empower them. To take control of radical countries by force in the name of Unified Earth Federation, and from there...neutral countries will fall in line. Basically..."

"You'll have the world, and the people will give it to you without even knowing."

"Right..." Primo let out a troubled breath, "The last plan would have taken years, so I wasn't worried. This one..."

"Will be like oil-catching fire."

"Right. And every invasion, everything alien or strange, every supervillain's appearance. It would be like throwing an accelerant on that fire."

"So you have to stop yourself."

Primo shook his head, "No, Wanda. You are the one that must stop it, and you are the only one that can. If I pull away and let go of Sephiroth, then the body might die, but those thoughts will enter the two other cores of my mind. Then you won't have an openly evil man and wants to control the world. You will have two very manipulative sons of bitches that would go to any lengths. Use anything in their arsenal. Ones...that you won't see coming."

Wanda narrowed her eyes, "I am not Jane...I won't fall for that trick...this fight...will attract attention."

"You have another way?"

"I'll think about it."

4