Chapter 145 – Stolen?
202 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying the story, and if you are you can also find more chapters on my Patre-on! There are about 100 more chapters on my Patre-on. There is a link in the synopsis, so just copy it, paste it, and now there are annual memberships that are available with 16% discount! So join now!) 

"I don't know the details, but long ago, one man found a way to cross from one universe to the other. And this man's counterpart found about it at the same time. At first, it was all about exchanging information, technology, and other things. Until some of his counterparts started taking over other parallel universes with the desire to rule. And that started the First Multiversal War."

"I do not like the sound of that," Tony furrowed his brows as Bruce and Reed hastily nodded, agreeing.

"Well, one of them got hold of an entity, a monster that can absorb all matter and energy, even the whole universe. Which the variant used to defeat his other counterparts and create Time-Variant Authority. He used this to keep this to isolate his timeline and keep it from branching out. Basically, we have been following a script that this man wrote, and if you try to change your fate? You are taken out, killed, and then the whole timeline is destroyed. Basically, universal genocide is a common occurrence for this man."

"Stop, Stop, my head is hurting," Nick Fury leaned back, rubbing his head.

Reed was more interested, "This man kept the whole timeline away from Multiverse? Was it through technology?"

"Yes, that is most likely the case," Jay nodded, "It wasn't power, but Multiversal Level Tech. And a natural monster with the ability to destroy the universe."

"Get to the point. How is Primo related to all this? Does this TVA still exist?"

Jay looked towards Fury, "6 minutes, that's how long it took...Primo to learn the language. 6 hours to unlock the secret of the human body. 6 days to gain enlightenment. But it was on the seventh day that Time Variance Authority found about him. TVA came to kill him but failed to even put a scratch on him. Although his body hadn't developed, through enlightenment, he gained powers beyond imagination. He tore the Space-Time, burned down the monster that could devour universes, and reached the variant. He Who Remains."

Jay took a deep breath, "He got two choices. Kill He Who Remains and free his all other variants and re-start the Multiversal War. Or...take the place of He Who Remains."

"What did he do?" Bruce was holding his cell. His holographic image was moving, opening the over to take out popcorns.

"According to the current circumstances, Primo killed him," Reed spoke, conflicted about the choice. None of the two were good choices.

"No," Jay denied that.

"He took the place of He Who Remains?" Fury frowned.

"No," Jay shook his head again, "He used his God-Like powers to put a blockade over the whole Multiverse. At one point in time, only one being could move across to the parallel universe. No army? No war."

"Wow, I didn't see that coming," Tony shrugged his mouth, "But there are still loopholes."

"Yes, but you don't understand. When Primo gained enlightenment, his mind, body, and soul merged into one. His powers were a manifestation of his will. What he did was force his will on the whole Multiverse. His will was..."

"That there shouldn't be any Multiversal War," Bruce spoke up, "So it doesn't matter if anyone finds a loophole. Because it's just going to lead to a Multiversal War?"

"It or he gets burned to death," Jay spoke, "But it took a toll on Primo too...he lost Multiversal Level of his powers. Yet, over the years, he regained a portion of his powers. Enough to cover the Earth, and he did things...tiny...little things...to break the scripts that the variant had written down for us.  That is who you are dealing with. So, what did you do that he shut down Omega Flight?"

Fury didn't answer, asking, "So, he lost his powers when his soul was taken, much like you lost the ability to channel magic."

"He lost the fumes of his powers that he had regained. His real power is still covering the whole Multiverse."

Fury furrowed his brows, "Ok, he lost the fumes, then how did he gain control of your technology?"

"You really think that someone who gained enlightenment before he took the first step would be a goody-two-shoes dumb guy that won't leave behind some protection for himself? Of course, he was smart enough to leave himself some room when he saw that he might lose his powers. Now, I am not answering any more questions until you tell us...what did you do."

Nick sighed, "I took the Gravitonium and a few other things from AIM."

"Behind his back," Tony spoke, knowing what Fury did, "Basically, he treated AIM as his own personal property. And when Primo asked...he said it was confidential." 

Bruce winced, backing off, "Ooohhhh, that would piss me off."

Reed confusedly looked at them when Jay explained, "Think of it like this. You invited SHIELD to your building. Allowing them to use your equipment out of the goodness of your heart and trust. But one day, they start taking your things behind your back, and when you ask, they tell you it's confidential like they own you."

Reed looked towards Nick, "You have guts."

"He's not above the law," Nick leaned back, trying to find a solution.

Jay nodded, "I agree. But maybe...just maybe...you are also trying to cope with this change. And to feel in control, you are trying to put the strongest man you know under the thumb of law, to feel reassured, confident, that the law still works? Maybe this is more of a personal crusade by you and the government than anything substantial? Anyway, whatever the reason, I am not going to help you regain control of Omega Flight."

Tony, Bruce, and Reed exchanged glances and decided to stay quiet, seeing where this went.

"Omega Flight is the first and last defense of Earth!" Nick glared at Jay, making Jay smile.

"Yeah, that's the thing. Do you use this morality when you talk to us? Why because people call us Hero? Because we will do the right thing? Well, if morality matters to you so much. Do the right thing, and get this over with. Because I know what you are doing, and this ends now."

"What? What is he doing?" Bruce quizically asked, making Jay lean back.

Jay leaned back, "He's keeping a few of the strong ones out. Like Wanda, Jean, Professor X, most of the mutants. Now, he wants to create even further factions by causing a conflict between Primo and us. The more divided we are, the easier we are to control."

"That's not what I want," Nick shook his head, rejecting the accusation.

"But that will be the reaction to your actions. Moreover, the more divided we are, the weaker we are. If that is how you want to run things, if that is how you know to run things, then we should start looking for a replacement."

Nick stood up, taking a deep breath, "That's not it. I can't give back the Gravitonium."

Reed shook his head, "I don't get it...do you still think that Primo is dangerous? That he will misuse the Gravitonium?"

"No, that's not it."

"Then, what is?" Bruce asked again.

"Ohhhh, I know," Tony stood up in the holographic image, "You don't have the Gravitonium, do you?"

Nick sat down, huffing out a breath, "It was stolen during transportation."

Jay rubbed his eyes, taking a deep breath, "Umm...why haven't we heard about this?"

"The President wanted to keep it under the wraps, and we are working on it."

"Ohohohoh, they are working on it," Tony sarcastically laughed.

"You took one of the most dangerous substances in protective custody to protect, and only to have it stolen. On top of that, you didn't tell us that we might have another Graviton on us?"

"Ths was a political decision. We can't have other countries finding out that we lost Gravitonium."

Reed shook his head, "No, we can't work like this. Gravitonium is too dangerous to be left alone. Is there any sample? If I could get a sample then I might be able to find a way to search for it."

"No, the Gravitonium is under the surface of the Earth. I tried that, but the radar would be disrupted by the Gravitonium under the Earth's surface."

"Can't we work on an equation, setting the radar to along with x-axis, rather than y-axis?" Bruce suggested.

"Maybe? We could always try. But how do you put the direction on Gravity?" Jay asked.

Reed stood up, "Get me a sample, and I will see what I can do. Tony should be looking for any clues through Jarvis."

"Don't need to. I already know who was the one behind this," Jay spoke up, making others look at him.

"Gideon Malick and the other off-shoots of Hydra," Jay spoke, with a slight smile on his face, as if he was happy about something.

"How? Malick's resources are frozen, and most of Hydra's members got captured or killed. They can't pull this off and hide," Fury rejected that hypothesis.

Jay scratched his cheek, "Full disclosure. I was the one that helped Malick getaway."

"Ummm...what?" Bruce incredulously looked at him.

"Explain?" Tony just asked in one word.

"A bait, they were bait...for aliens...if someone wanted to secretly interfere. A warning signal...just in case," Jay slowly said, thinking, "Let's just hope it was some country that provided them resources in exchange for acquiring a man with powers over Gravity. Rather than aliens."

Reed narrowed his eyes, "Smart, leaving a temptation that the sneaky enemy wouldn't be able to resist. So, there is a chance that we have a secret alien invasion on your side? An element that allows you to control one of the four fundamental forces? I'd think it would be precious anywhere in the universe."

Jay smiled, "I know how to find them."

"Perfect. Let's just hope that it hasn't become too big a mess."

5