Chapter 187 – High Alert
127 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Secret Universe, Near Nova Corps,

Primo opened his eyes, looking out of the glass of viewing deck, seeing a fleet following mammoth spaceship, "It's here...but he's not here. Do you think you can keep me busy? I am already there as well. Before that...there is someone else that I must take care of."

Omega Universe, Genosha,

Sephiroth opened his eyes, "It's here."

Omega Flight,

"Why is the red alert going off?"

"Someone has invaded our space! Our scanners are searching for them, but these numbers! It's a whole damn army!" Maria Hill cursed.

"Call Stark!! Call Widow!! Call Banner!! Call everyone!!! We need to stop this before it reaches Earth!"

"Right away!!"

Omega Earth, Avengers Tower,

Hawkeye leaned over the railing, "Oye!!! You guys can see this?!"

"Hulk?"

Hawkeye glanced back, looking at Hulk holding the picker jaw, walking out, "There! Can't you see?!"

Anthony, Captain America, Janet, and Falcon rushed out. With Black Panther, Thor, and Black Widow following right after, "Everyone can see it."

Anthony narrowed his eyes; they weren't fixed at the sky, but in front of him, at the mammoth hologram. It was of a purple titan, sitting on a throne, "Humans. You are in the presence of Thanos. I wish to conquer the new universe. And I have chosen your planet to be my new outpost. Submit to me, serve me, and I shall let you live."

"Fuck, and here I thought Tony was arrogant," Hawkeye gasped.

Anthony screwed his eyebrows, "That's Thanos...his threat level was set at universal."

Black Widow wanted to roll her eyes as she crossed her arms, "Kinda obvious with his conquering the new universe talk." 

Captain frowned, "How is he sending this hologram?"

"Jarvis is scanning; the signal seems to be coming from space."

"Space?!" Janet turned into a wasp, "I am going to find somewhere to hide."

[Sir, there is an emergency call from Omega Flight.]

Anthony picked up the call, "Yeah, we saw."

"No, you didn't! There is a whole army! They have enough firepower to destroy Earth! We are not ready to fight against something at that level!"

Black Panther narrowed his eyes, "I'll go back to my country and prepare the army."

Maria's urgent voice came from the other side, "The sorcerors will help set up the teleporters, but we can't decide what the battlefield will be."

Anthony narrowed his eyes, "Then we are just going to have to stop him before he reaches Earth."

Xavier Institute,

Professor X frowned, relaxing, looking at the team of X-Men in front of him, "Cyclops (Scott Summers), Wolverine (Logan), Storm (Ororo), Rogue (Marie), Iceman (Bobby). Colossus (Peter), Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner), Beast (Henry McCoy), Angel (Warren), Armor (Hisako Ichiki), and Takeo."

Charles Xavier closed his eyes. Remembering the son that he never knew he had appeared in front of him. He was surprised but more than that happy to know. Although it was a pity Yui Sasaki had to be punished for illegal human experimentation and illegal organ trafficking.

"When I started X-Men...I thought that there would come a time when humans and mutants could come to live together in peace. And today, we have been closer to our dream. The discrimination against the mutants is decreasing, the way humans view us has changed. Slowly but surely, there will come a time when we can walk out without the fear of being discriminated against. Today, we can solidify that thought. We can fight together with the heroes! We have the chance to protect the Earth from its greatest threat! But...there might be some sacrifices...which is why."

Charles looked down, letting out a breath with a sad expression, "I will not ask you to."

"Come on, Charles," Logan cleaned his ear with his finger, "It's not like you to be wishy-washy. It's just another fight. Moreover, every day for us, there is a risk of death, nothing new there."

Cyclops nodded, "We are going to fight with everything we have."

Hisako squirmed, "My first fight against an alien army! I hope I can do it."

Takeo warmly smiled at her, holding her palm, "I might not be able to use all of my powers, but I'll protect you."

"Takeo," Hisako softly whispered, blushing.

Rogue groaned, "Ugh, I am going to die from the lovey-dovey."

Ororo looked into the distance, "Professor, can you contact Sephiroth?"

Professor frowned, shaking his head, "I can't find him...I can't even find the whole of Genosha."

Genosha's airspace,

Sephiroth stood on a round, floating stone platform, with a round table with sixteen seats.

Sephiroth stood with his back towards the table at the edge of the platform. He gazed at the sky, ignoring the stir behind him.

"Boss! Everyone is here!"

"Not everyone. One seat is empty," Sephiroth lightly spoke, looking down at sea, seeing one of the many holograms of Thanos that were being broadcasted all over the world. 

"Hoh, we are getting a new mutant? Why didn't I hear about it?"

"I highly doubt that anyone heard about it; the last addition was of Scarlet Witch."

Suddenly, there was another stir, just this time, it was followed by an eerie silence.

Sephiroth turned, sitting down on his seat, looking towards Magneto sitting on the opposite.

"Right now, Omega Flight, X-Men, Avengers, SWORD, Sorcerors. And every other organization that merged to make Omega Flight is scrambling to collect their forces. To fight against Thanos."

"Before that," Amelia Voght glanced towards Magneto, "Why is he here?"

"He says he still has something to offer to the nation," Sephiroth lightly said, moving on like it was an afterthought, "We are going to prepare to battle too."

Magneto frowned, "Precisely, this is why I am here. You want our mutant brethren to fight and die for humans?"

"Precisely, that is why you aren't the ruler of Genosha anymore," Pyro mockingly spoke.

Cessily/Mercury raised her eyebrows, "My parents are also humans; this war is likely to happen on Earth. I don't want them to die."

"This is not about fighting for humans or fighting for mutants. It's about fighting for this Earth, the next Earth, and the whole universe. This fight is bigger than us," Amelia assertively spoke.

Senyaka turned his eyes towards Sephiroth, "Sire, do you think the Omega Flight will lose?"

Pyro laughed, "They won't lose, but the problem is the destruction that will come with a fight."

Suddenly, he leaned forward, "Right, we should capitalize on it! Rather than fighting at the front lines, we should help evacuate people to safety, keeping the collateral damage to the minimum."

Scarlet Witch glanced towards Pyro, with reluctance in her eyes, "I must agree that is a good idea. X-Men would represent the mutants at the forefront of the battlefield. On the other hand, we can use our numbers to keep the casualties from happening."

Magneto frowned, "You are still too young to think that humans will accept you like this."

"Old man! When are you going to get it; this is not about humans accepting us!" Cargill got up on her feet, slamming her hand down on the table.

She glared at him, "There is a whole fucking interstellar army! This is about us! Do you want humans to be ruled by Thanos and then enslave us to fight his war?!"

"Haha! He probably does," Pyro leaned back, laughing, "He seems to think that weak should sacrifice themselves for the strong, doesn't matter if it is humans or mutants."

Magneto didn't get goaded into it; he turned his eyes towards Sephiroth, who was sitting in his place. His elbow on the thone's arm, resting his head on curled fingers. There was a smile on his lips and cat-like green eyes as he gazed at them.

Magneto heard the discussions get louder, even productive, until everyone quieted down, noticing something.

"Sire? Do you wish to say something?" Senyaka, who had been quiet all this while, spoke.

Sephiroth straightened his spine, looking at the Acolytes, "Maybe I shouldn't have chosen this setting. When did you people start thinking this is a Democracy?"

Abruptly, the air around them cooled down, feeling the chill on their skin, "Despite all that, I did like the few ideas that you came up with. It is also true that there would be many mutants like Mercury that would want to protect their family."

"How?" Amelia softly asked. She was probably a few of the mutants on the table who had the guts to say something right now.

Sephiroth closed his eyes, sending a telepathic message, and soon Commander White appeared on the floating platform.

"Amelia, Polaris, lead the Acolytes. While the other Acolytes will divide into a team of two. Each team will cover a continent, take as many mutants that volunteers. If the fighting does not spread to a continent, then you will not leave Genosha."

"The war might start at any time. Can we even manage to arrange all this?" Cargill frowned, "The rations, the medicine, spreading the news, taking the information from them, dividing them? The war is about to start."

Sephiroth narrowed his eyes, "Truly, you might not be able to achieve all that, but do as much as you can."

Amelia hesitated, "Sephiroth, even if we manage to do all that...it will only have a negative effect. It will only cause the human nations to become more defensive."

Sephiroth looked up at the sky, softly smiling, "That's because you can't see the end of this confrontation."

4