Chapter 195 – After Three Years
159 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Dad, Daddy, wake up!"

"Hm? Mm, mm," Jay opened his eyes, blankly looking around before his eyes got fixed on the beautiful young girl with reddish-pink pupils. Her soft pink lips, thin nose, and the aura of dignity that surrounded her.

"Morning, sweety," Jay raised his body from the recliner chair, rubbing his eyes, yawning.

"It's afternoon," Lavena let out a sigh, combing his hair, "Now, I have your breakfast, brunch, whatever time it is for."

"Right, right, thank you..."

Jay scratched his stubble beard, "Where...where is your mother?"

Lavena hesitated, "Dad, mom is dead, Aunt Wanda is dead...Tommy and Billy are dead...Avengers are dead...there are no superheroes...supervillains...or even countries anymore."

Jay rubbed his head, looking at the tiny cabin, walking to the window, "What...what are you talking about?" 

His eyes looked out the window, seeing a world having turned to chaos hellfire covered the ground, eternally burning the souls of humans. In front of his eyes were Avengers, his wives, his children, even Lavena.

Lavena opened her eyes, tied to a cross, with a spear going through her heart, "You failed to protect me, Daddy...you failed to every one of us."

Jay glanced back, seeing Lavena's eyes turn black, much like Dormammu's followers, "Dad, kill me."

"Hmm," Jay narrowed his eyes, piercing his hand through Lavena's chest, causing her black eyes to widen in shock, flames rose from his hand, burning her, but the scream of man came from the corpse that fell.

Jay took a step forward, and the middle-aged man avatar broke apart. Reverting the age of his body to a young man in his twenties, his piercing scarlet eyes, middle-length black hair.

"You tried, but there was just one problem with your scenario...I don't dream. I don't have nightmares. Let alone, as long as I am alive, this scenario would never come to pass."

"Hahaha, really? And how are you going to stop me, Jay? Now that I am in your mind? I will be making this my permanent house," Mephisto rose from the corpse, appearing in front of Jay.

Jay stepped past him, and the world around them changed, turning into a beach as Jay sat down on the beach chair, closing his eyes, "3 years...that how it took you to drill into my mind?"

"3 years are nothing for me," Mephisto smiled, lying down on the recliner chair beside Jay.

Jay breathed evenly, "I thought someone as smart as you would have figured it out. The only reason you could enter my mind...was that I wanted you to."

Mephisto sharply opened his eyes, readying to move away when tens of swords penetrated his body, ancient, legendary swords that could kill even satan.

He looked down, scoffing, "Hahahaha, acting weak...broken...bored...disappointed...drowning yourself in lust...you got me good. But this is not over yet...soon...the Earth's will belong to me...Hhahahaha, if they survive."

Jay shot a look at him, "You are welcome to try, Mephisto...I am right here."

He raised his hand, clenched it, and Mephisto's body broke apart, turning into fragments of souls.

Sokovia, Jay's bedroom,

"Jay, wake up!"

Jay felt a light slap on his cheek, making him open his eyes, looking at the young blonde, "Morning, dear."

Illyana leaned forward, stroking his cheek, sniffing him, "Sorry to wake you so early, there was this smell around you...no the aura. It was weird."

Jay raised his body, sitting up against the frames, looking at her carrying a little bag, "No, it was nothing. You ready for your internship?"

"Yeah, your breakfast is ready. Eat it before it gets cold."

Jay sat down at the edge of the bed, "Be careful, and where is your mother?"

"Mom is on duty, and Aunt Wanda is in space. Uncle is already gone... who knows where. Tommy is still sleeping, Billy...well, he's being Billy. La...Anyway, I'll be going."

Jay chuckled, "You don't have to not take Lavena's name. I am not angry at her."

Illyana pressed her lips, "If you say so."

"Ugh..." Jay rubbed his eyes, "Go, go, for your internship."

Illyana's face cramped, nervous about something, "Yes, bye, Dad. I love you."

She hesitantly walked out, making Jay shake his head, smiling, "Silly, girl."

He stood up, plopping back down on the bed, spreading his arms, "Heh, so much work to do..."

Omega Flight,

Illyana walked out of the teleporter, feeling the rush of agents even on the bridge, raising her eyebrows. She walked back into the adjacent teleporter before anyone noticed her, teleporting again.

It wasn't like she couldn't just teleport to where she had to go directly. But she didn't want her father to know where she was going, so she had to take the indirect route.

Bunker, Control Tower,

"Dad, Illyana's here," A sixteen years old Lavena was standing at the side of the room, working on a virtual board, looking at the thousands of screens in front of her.

Sephiroth looked at the screens in front of him, focusing on one or two, before nodding, "I know. She came to wake me up for breakfast...that girl still thinks I am angry at you for not coming to see me in months."

Lavena's thin heart-shaped lips curved into a smile, "Dad, is it weird?"

"What's weird?"

"Your daughter thinking that your wives are cheating on you and your own daughters some other man over you?"

Sephiroth fingers paused for a moment, "Hmm, never thought about it like that. Umm...if I lost my memory and my avatars were killed...and then I heard about this...then yeah. It would be a bit weird."

"So, no," Lavena turned around, tucking her dark blood-colored hair behind her ear, "I am going to pick her up. Right, Mephisto's aura coming from you has become more stable, so what happened?"

"I killed the part of him that finally drilled in my head."

Lavena hugged him from behind, "I was worried, Dad. Can you not take these risks? Nothing happened in the past three years after you defeated Thanos...we even took care of the small enemies, and Omega Flight is stronger than ever."

Sephiroth turned around, cupping Lavena's cheek, "You are more and more like your mother every day."

"Dad," Lavena stretched her voice.

Sephiroth bent down, kissing her forehead, "If you could see what I could see, then you would understand...this is just the beginning."

"Seriously? You are going to go there after you sealed my sight?" Lavena crossed her hands, giving him the icy glare.

Sephiroth stroked her forehead, revealing a scarlet wing mark, which disappeared, and a glow appeared in Lavena's eyes. She closed her eyes, "Why?"

"Three years ago...I just wanted you to have the best childhood. Now that you are working in the Control Tower...I know I can't stop you."

"Thank you," Lavena whispered, "You should have just told me there are so many rising threats...what are you going to do with that soul fragment?"

"I am going to add it to Primo's tech." Sephiroth lightly said, going back to work.

Lavena turned towards the exit, "Right...I just saw that more than half the times Illyana sleeps with Se-"

"Out. Just get out."

Lavena naughtily grinned, "Ok, Daaad."

She walked out, twisting the space around her to skip to the teleporter, "Illyana."

Illyana looked around, seeing Lavena appear out of thin air. She grinned, jumping into a hug, "Lavs!"

"Ana," Lavena gently hugged Illyana, closing her eyes, "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Lavs...so did father."

"Mm," Lavena raised one side of her lips, "I highly doubt that he missed me even a bit."

Illyana raised her eyebrows, "Why would you even say that? Although he never shows it, Dad is always worried about you. I still don't get what he did wrong that you are so angry?" 

Suddenly, Illyana hesitated, whispering, "Did...he...try to...do something...bad? Like..."

Lavena stopped her footsteps, looking at Illyana's fidgeting face, covering her mouth, "Like climb into my bed? Ew, no. Gosh...I feel so nauseous just thinking about that!"

Lavena coughed, cramping her face, "Shit...I need something for my mouth...yuck. How can you even think like that?!"

"You know how and because nothing else makes sense!!" Illyana held Lavena's shoulder, "Why did you just leave? Moreover, for that man?! You do know he's...!! I mean, he saved me, but still...he's not a good man...Dad doesn't deserve that!"

Lavena groaned, hugging Illyana, stroking her head, "Ugh...don't be so intense. The truth is-"

"That you have nothing to do with this."

Lavena shut her mouth, looking at her father towering over them. Since there were thousands of eyes on Jay, he couldn't do everything that he could do from the shadows as Sephiroth.

So, Jay became the stay-at-home Dad, with numerous agents from all over the country keeping watch on his every movement, and Sephiroth became the elusive leader of mutants.

This was why when she took an interest in work, she chose to come here.

"Lavena, leave," Sephiroth moved his hand, separating the two, making Lavena hesitate.

"I said leave," Sephiroth shot a look towards her, making her put her head down, sneak away.

He put Illyana against the wall, gripping her jaw, dragging her body up against the wall, "Why are you here?"

Illyana closed her eyes, "Thank you...for saving me...but I don't...want to see...his heartbreak...that's why...I'll kill you."

The soulsword appeared in her palm that she tried to drive through Sephiroth's neck, but it broke apart as it was a plastic sword.

"Weak," Sephiroth punched her in the stomach, causing her eyes to widen, nearly come out of her socket as she coughed out blood, fainting.

"Dad...there was no need of that..."

Sephiroth glanced towards her, lost in thought, "This wasn't random...she was a chess move..."

Lavena furrowed her brows, "Mephisto...?"

"After three years...the peace is finally broken."

5