Chapter 215 – SNN Headquarters.
87 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shit...shit...shit...shit," Mary Jane Watson hid behind the table, holding her bleeding arm, shouting, "Felicia!! Gwen!! Christine!!"

"I am good!!" Gwen shouted from another corner in between the sounds of reloading guns. Soon, the shutters fell down, locking the floor, blocking the bullets fired from the machine gun mounted inside the helicopter outside.

"I am good..." Felicia raised her body, causing the rubbles of the wooden table to fall off her back. She coughed out blood, touching her waist, feeling warm blood cover her palm and a sharp wooden spike piercing through her body.

She tried to use her black symbiote suit, but it didn't come out, as if something was stopping it, "Why...?"

Gwen leaned against the wall, "There is a frequency...we can't hear it...but it's there. It's affecting the symbiote suit..."

"Christine? Where is Christine?" MJ leaned against the table, watching her bleeding left leg.

"Under the rubble, but she's alive...I can hear her breathing," Gwen closed her eyes, hearing the muffled thump coming from above. She could tell these people were trying to break in from above, "Heh...it was a brilliant idea letting the staff work from home with Holocom and making a virtual office."

MJ breathed in, leaning her head against the table, "This was bound to happen sooner or later."

At first, their people were working here. Even though their offices were becoming more extensive, the number of people working for them increased. But that also brought out the worst in some people.

Some thugs weren't happy, and some other corrupt people weren't satisfied, so they hired thugs. In short, there was a high chance that the people working would be attacked until more and more people started leaving.

Or so it appeared to the public since they used the most advanced technology that Jay could provide. To create the network that Avengers used and an office that you could log onto through a Holocom. 

Basically, you sit in front of the work desk, start the Holocom, and your Hologram appears in the office for work.

Once that started, everything became much easier, but this was only supposed to be a possibility. The defense system was never meant to activate. Let alone, there were there Artificial Symbiote Suits that were meant to protect them. Still, MJ had a feeling that it was bound to happen.

She took a deep breath, "Gwen, are you okay?"

Gwen nodded, "Yes, but there is no way out...Also, I am worried they will fire missiles if I step out in my costume. It's better to just wait, and Omega Flight should send someone."

Suddenly, a sharp sound made Gwen look up, watching a chain on fire break through the metal sheet, "Or I can just fight."

"No need," MJ narrowed her eyes, slapping her hand down on the floor, which lit up with blue light, and in the next instance, Gwen found herself in a dark arena. She blinked, watching men wearing white light armor, wearing skull masks, holding guns, and pointing them at the center of the Arena.

Little circular light lit up under them, on the center platform, allowing her to see MJ, Felicia, and Christine, injured, bleeding. Still, they were surrounded by tens of Watchdogs.

"Heh, finally," The Leader in the small group walked forward, but before he even took the third step whole plate lit up, and MJ lay down on the ground, relaxing, "Idiots."

The man stopped; they all heard a loud sound of something dangerous, something that sent the chill down their spine. Everyone looked up in fear, noticing the machine in red, with six legs, two yellow lights on the rectangular head, and a green light at the chest. It had two large guns and missile launchers in place of its arms and a tail like a scorpion.

The machine jumped down, turned, landing above Gwen, MJ, Felicia, and Christine, protecting them, blasting an Emp blast that threw the Watchdogs away. It was followed by numerous missiles that targetted them.

"Close your eyes," MJ closed hers, followed by Felicia and then Gwen, who only saw a few of them hit the Watchdogs and the others near them. But most of them were eighter dead or near dead once the sound of missiles disappeared.

The machine stopped, and the targeting system continuously scanned the whole Arena for life signs.

"What is this?" Gwen lay with her back against the ground, opening her eyes.

"It's the Scorpio Sentinal," MJ soft said, dazedly lying under the machine, "It was made to fight against the Sentinal Project. Which was an idea that a few people in Government came up with to wipe out the Mutants.

Felicia sat up, leaning against the leg of the machine as the symbiote suit pushed out all the particles of the wood and covered her wound, "How do you know about it?"

"It was...in talks. There have been a few Underground Arenas for Superhumans, and Jay wanted to control them because he knew he couldn't put a stop. Welcome to the Future of Underground Arena...we are going to be the ones to be streaming the content on the Darknet."

Gwen blinked, "Wait, if I go out...will it kill me?"

"No, no," MJ stood up, with a red symbiote suit covering her body below her neck, walking out.

The Scorpio Sentinal looked down, acknowledging her, shifting to a standby mode that was constantly scanning for life signs in every ten seconds.

She turned her attention to the entrance, hearing the sound of footsteps. A man with messy white-haired appeared in front of her. He wore a bartender uniform consisting of a white long-sleeved button shirt, overlaid with a black vest and a red bow tie. On the bottom, he has black pants and leather shoes. His bright blue eyes watched MJ, bowing, "Welcome."

"We need medical attention."

"This way," The Bartender turned around, walking in the darker hall, making Gwen jump to her feet, picking Christine up, watching a quiet Felicia as she followed.

"So...is there a bar here?" Gwen looked at the glass he was holding in his arms, asking.

"Yes, but I don't work there."

"Oh," Gwen felt a cat get her tongue, wondering, "Then...?"

"It's a joke," The Bartender glanced back, "The Bartender running the Arena. It was supposed to be funny...or maybe I just didn't want to do what I was programmed for. Or I might be programmed to think that I am going against my programming."

"Programming?" Felicia blinked, snapping out of the line of thought that was covering her mind.

The Bartender glanced back with his bright blue eyes without replying as he kept walking.

MJ seemed to know something but didn't say, "Why were they able to get here?"

"They aren't the first one; the coordinates of this location have been transmitted. It has been made sure that all the Cells of Watchdogs are coming here."

Felicia relaxed, "So that's why they were here? Can you fight?"

"Yes, but I also run all the operations. So I must be the last one down."

"Yes...yes," Gwen nodded, turning the corner, "You were saying how you were an android?"

"I wasn't."

"But I am."

"Oh, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool," Gwen Stacy turned around, making a mind blown expression to Felicia, who chuckled but wasn't surprised.

"Hey! They are here!!"

Felicia turned, seeing a group of Watchdogs appear, readying their guns when metallic spikes came out from the wall, impaling them, "Uhhh."

Felicia winced, "You seem to be able to take care of yourself..."

The Bartender opened the gate, showing them to healing chambers, "Not for them. According to our information...some of the potential Inhumans missing, and Oracle believes that they will come here as part of the Watchdogs."

"But...Watchdogs are Anti-superhumans, right?"

"Sociopaths who don't care who they work with."

MJ stopped for a second, thinking about the chain that forced her to teleport, "I think one was there...and they'd be here soon. Please use this opportunity to heal and change."

*BOOM*

"You should hurry."

0