Chapter 221 – Closed System
74 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mm?" Ultron opened his eyes, his Mind was disarrayed, the strength coursing through his Body had disappeared. He sat up, touching his chest, noticing the missing infinity stones.

He jerked his head around, darting his eyes, noticing Jay sitting near a campfire. The six infinity stones circling behind his back, "You...why not kill me?"

"Kill you? Why would I?" Jay picked up the smores, putting them between the two crackers, "Do you know one good thing that came from the genocide? I don't have to pay for these."

Natasha coughed, making Jay look up, blinking, "What? Too soon?"

Echo rolled her eyes as Ultron got on his feet, trying to look for an escape route, "You don't want to kill me? Why not?"

"Why would I?" Jay leaned back, chuckling, "Do you know that there is a misunderstanding about the Infinity Stones? Even those who dream of it can't imagine what they could do. These stones...keep a record of everything. The Space in which they lived, the Time, their Mind, Reality, Soul. Even the weight of their existence. The Six Stones...are Nigh-Absolute. But do you know where the difference is?"

"The one who uses them," Ultron narrowed his eyes, "Not just any living maggots could use it like I did. They do not have the capacity."

"Right," Jay nodded, "Not just anyone can throw the whole galaxies at me; Since they don't have the capacity or the guts to kill that many lives. It was an interesting experience."

"You want me to help you reverse everything I did? I will-"

"No," Jay scoffed, "I just kept you alive to show you. Everything that you did...it was all for nothing. I didn't want to give you the satisfaction that you succeeded...even in just one Universe."

The Infinite Energy from the Six Infinity Stones moved to his fingers, weaved by golden threads as he snapped and the Universe started changing. The Planets destroyed, the Stars that were lost. The Galaxy was broken, and lives were lost or killed.

Everything and everyone returned to the moment that Ultron was born.

Ultron raised his hand, watching his disappearing Body, "Oh well, I tried...tried to curb the noise."

"No, you just tried to find a purpose...for your meaningless existence. Nothing more...nothing less. Still..." Jay stood up, watching him turn into sand, "Good work."

Echo breathed in, looking towards where Natasha should have been, "Sir..."

"Go, find her," Jay bent down, pecking her lips with his, "I'll be back...soon."

Echo blinked, but he was gone when she opened her eyes, having disappeared without a trace. She closed her eyes, leaning her head back, "I need answers..."

Realm Of Dead,

"Welcome to my Royal Palace."

"Ah, beautiful place," Jay looked at the woman with black hair, reddish-pink eyes, narrowing his eyes, "It's an honor, being in the presence of Death, herself."

Death wore little clothes, a black belt with two thin straps to hide her lower Body, and a sleeveless leather top. Both were laced with heavy silver embroidery.

"Why are you here boy," She leaned sideways on her throne, putting her head on one armrest, the leg on the other, stroking her own thigh, "What do you want?"

"Even though the Stones are Nigh-Absolute, there is no way that they could have brought back all those Souls, not without you giving them away. There is a story...old one. The Death, Eternity, Infinity, Entropy were the ones to create the Stones during the Big Bang...but that's not true, right? It was-"

"What do you want," Death shot a look at him, "A fight? You want to test your powers against me?"

"Nothing like that," Jay inched closer to her, gently bowing, "I am thankful to you. For letting me take all that Death away from you."

Death scoffed, "It's not like I had a choice...if I didn't, you would have come for me, and I have no interest in that."

Jay opened his scarlet eyes with a gentle smile on his lips, "You seem to understand what I have done."

Death rested her head on the armrest, closing her eyes, "Your essences that like in your Nexus...a Universe can barely handle one of them. Even then, it needs to be doubled in size. If said in metric value, it takes two infinity to hold a part of you."

"Right," Jay sat down in front of her, even though nothing was there, but before he fell, she created a throne for him to sit on, pulling him closer. She turned, putting her legs on his thighs, looking into his eyes.

"Still, some might misunderstand that your Essence needs to travel through the Universe to reach you, and that should destroy it once the Essence comes, or it could bring a Universe of its own."

"But that not true," Jay gently said, massaging the sole of her feet, comfortably leaning back.

"Right, the Essence appears within you, and then by your will, your desire of not destroying the Universe, trying not to kill, and that leads to the Convergence."

"Brilliant," Jay chuckled, "You figured it out."

"As correct as I was. It is also true that everything that was divided wants to be whole. Since your Essences can only be you, it's in their nature to come back to you. Every single drop of blood you ever spilled, hair that fell in a fight, even a skin cell. It all wants to find its way back to you. Let alone your Essences."

"Right again."

Death narrowed her eyes, "And you used that, created a body that used that desire, that nature, that power to create a Perpetual Motion Machine. That Body of yours is a Perpetual Motion Machine, and you want to chart a path, from the Body to your Mind. Making that Mind of yours stronger...strong enough to not be twisted by Time, Memory, or anything else."

"True as well."

"One Essence produces enough energy for you to Destroy two Infinite Universes with one punch. Two Essences don't just add; they multiply. Makes you powerful enough to destroy the whole Universe just by a breath, will, or even just by touching it. How many do you have inside you, right now?"

"Two," Jay honestly replied.

"In return for becoming a walking, taking Perpetual Motion Machine, you became a closed system. You can't interact with the World outside...not really. Which means you lost all your abilities."

"True again."

"It also means none of my powers or anyone else actually work on you, no mind-reading, no reality-warping, not even causality. Only pure strength can counter you, and none of us have that, right?"

Jay stopped massaging her feet; the smile on his lips disappeared as he narrowed his eyes, "Not you. Maybe the other you. Is barely stronger."

Death put her legs down, crossing them, leaning forward, "What do you want from me?"

Jay took her hands in his, his thumb stroking them, "Millenia's ago. We had a little game...a bet...or whatever it was. I suppose...I have won it, right? I want answers."

Death started chuckling, laughing, tilting her head back, laughing even louder, "Hahahahaha!!!! You think we were the one that you made a bet with!! You just said that you have just two of your Essences, and you are drawing their highest power. How strong... do you think you were when you were whole."

Jay narrowed his eyes, "Then why not kill me when I am like this...?"

"Why do you think?" Death responded, curling her lips.

"What was the stake?"

"What would be the stake if you played this game?"

Jay breathed in, closing his eyes, "Although...I call them Nexus...every Essence is inside the Universe that I was born in. Those Universes also act as my Prison. Otherwise, I would have become one long, long ago."

"You want to go on a Multiverse Trip?"

"No...not yet. My Mind is not ready yet. There is still time before the end."

Death clutched on his clothes, leaning back and the two-phased, falling on a bed, "Then you don't mind spending some time with me, right?"

"No," Jay ran his fingers through her hair, locking his lips with hers, "Not at all."

0