Chapter 234 – Wild Sentinel
77 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was abrupt; the machines, the giant robots, came out of nowhere, attacking the barrier that protected Genosha. It was an army, and it sent the whole mutant population in a mess.

Since 90 percent of the Mutants, even many Inhumans, lived here, Which always filled them with worry about what would happen if some country or crazy terrorist fired a Nuclear Bomb. This barrier was meant to protect from that.

Still, the increasing number of Sentinel Robots made the Mutants wonder how long this barrier would hold onto. Just as more and more Mutants were running to the Shelters when a flaming meteor came down, landing in front of them.

"Boys and girls!!! Your favorite dear Pyro is here!!!"

One of the mutants stopped a little to look back when another slapped his back, "Fucking run!!"

Pyro scratched his cheek as none of the mutants paid attention, "Shit. No one's even paying attention.

"Of course, they aren't."

"Fuck!" Pyro jumped up in the air, looking down at Amelia, "Fuck! Don't appear behind me like that!"

Amelia shot a look at him, turning her gaze towards the Sentinels when Blink and Simon Hall started teleporting other Acolytes to the location.

Magneto appeared around them, floating in the air, "How long will the barrier hold?"

His eyes turned towards hundreds of Sentinels, slowly turning thousands and increasing even more to ten thousand. The Acolytes thought this was trouble when their eyes fell to a massive goliath Wild Sentinel that rose from under the sea.

"Hmm, Sentinels," Aerith appeared among them, looking towards Magneto, "You want to take the lead."

Magneto looked down at her, crossing his arms, wearing silver armor, about to say no when he heard his daughter's voice, "Dad."

Magneto grunted, looking at worried Lorna, sighing, "Well, fine."

He spread his hands, his power extended to the whole of Genosha, raising it in the air.

Genosha was a floating island other than the barrier, but it changed its position depending on Sephiroth's whims. The land, between mountains, the sea, the sky, whatever he liked.

Ever since he had disappeared, it has primarily been in the sea, and that wasn't all that changed. Before, it was protected against Magneto's powers, but since Sephiroth disappeared, most believed that Island needed to be converted so that Lorna could use the Island as a weapon. Still, she was training her powers, and now that Magneto's powers were enhanced, he was a much better choice.

*BANG*SKREECHHHHH*

Magneto raised the large Island, looking at the Wild Sentinel's fist that landed on the barrier, nearly caving it in. He raised the large Island, revealing the railguns mounted under the surface. The surface under their feet moved, revealing the massive cannons that aimed themselves at the Sentinels.

Cargill walked in front of others, even Magneto, carrying Plasma Cannon on her back, guns on her waist, sharp swords on her lower back, knives on her thighs. Her voice boomed, "Be ready! To fire the weapons, we would have to lower the defense barrier! If any of these toys escape?! Bury them!"

"""""BURY THEM""'"""

Pyro put his finger inside his ear, grinning, fire lighting around him, "Now, if you guys are going to shout like that. I am going to get all fired up!!"

Mercury breathed out, turning her body into Mercury, "Hah, I almost feel nostalgic turning back into this."

Seamus turned into a lizard, scratching his cheek, "Not me, boss."

Carmella covered herself in Psionic exoskeleton, rubbing her neck, "Heh, finally! Here I thought the humans had given up on killing us."

Cargill aimed the cannon, screaming, "Put the barrier down!"

Magneto scoffed, seeing the barrier disappear, firing all the cannons, railguns towards the Sentinels, breaking most of the smaller ones, destroying them.

It was the colossus one that didn't even have a crack on its body. When thousands of mutants standing behind the Acolytes used their powers to attack the Wild Sentinel.

Fire, ice, thunder, lightning, sonic, steam, pure energy, or firing weapons if they had closed ranged powers. But more than them, Magneto was the one who did the most damage.

Lorna was right behind him, controlling the weapons that Magneto left alone, blasting the Wild Sentinel.

Even so, the Wild Sentinel barely took a step back, slamming its hand down.

"Defend!!" Magneto raised thick metal sheets from the water, raising them out of the sea, stacking them one after the other, trying to stop the punch. When Lorna helped hold the sheets together, the sheets caved in, and Pyro rose to melt the sheets before they buried all the Mutants, "What the fuck is this thing!!"

Cargill fired the plasma cannon, burrowing a hole through the Wild Sentinels' wrist, causing its palm to fall down on Genosha, "Use them at full power!!"

Thousands of cannons fired at the Sentinel with her word, but it barely broke the front skin. Just as they were about to fire again, the Wild Sentinel's shand that had fallen on Genosha raised itself on its fingers, moving towards the mutants.

Cargill looked back, hearing the screams of the mutants as they broke formations, trying to run away, "Do not create chaos!! Watch it!!"

A drill fell down from the sky, piercing the Sentinel's hand, pinning it in its place as Magneto's authoritative voice calmed them don't, "Don't create a mess. It's just another weapon that they want to use to suppress us! To take our freedoms away! To drive our kind to sewers! To use us as lab rats! Stand tall and fight!!"

"""Fight!!!!"""

Magneto raised thousands of metal sheets, turning them into drills, firing at Wild Sentinel, "Do you fear them!!"

"'''NOOOO!!!!!""""

As the drills hit the Wild Sentinel, the mutant army fired plasma cannon, tearing its surface apart one after the other.

"Will you let them defeat us!!!"

"""""NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!""""""""

"Will you fight for our Freedom?!!!"

""""""""""""""""FOR FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"""""""""""""""""

Cargill scoffed, grinning, "Atleast he's good for something."

Amelia stood beside her, "He was the leader of the mutants. Tell me, can we defeat it?"

The hand behind them broke down in part, turning into smaller hands, attacking a few of the mutants who were saved by Blink and Simon Hall, but the scuffle caused them to drop the weapons.

The hands took the plasma weapon, dashing towards the sea, surprising others.

Amelia teleported, catching a few of them, but missed a few others, "What are they trying to do?"

"Whatever they are trying, it doesn't feel good," Cargill frowned, "Call it an intuition...but something feels off with this one."

Just as her heart was palpitating with nervousness when the Wild Sentinel started to change. The place from his wrist began to change, transforming into a plasma cannon, making Magneto raise every metal around the Genosha. He stacked the sheets together to defend against the plasma cannon's attack.

But the cannon burrowed right through the sheets, moving towards Magneto, but it stopped an inch in front of him.

"Oh my, oh my, we are in trouble, are we?"

Magneto floated back when the Sentinel turned its other arm into a plasma cannon, firing again. But before it reached Genosha, another golden gear appeared around the plasma bullet, freezing it in time.

The Acolytes and the Mutants stopped, looking at the young woman with brown hair, green eyes walking amongst them, holding a sorcerer's staff in her hand.

Even in a time of tension and war, their death stood in front of them. She had a relaxed smile.

"Fuck! You are late to the party!" Pyro landed beside her, hoping to protect her since he thought she was a magician, weak in close combat.

"Not true," Aerith felt offended, "No ever sent me an invite."

Suddenly, Aerith raised her eyes towards the Wild Sentinel, watching its size grow, "It reeks of death and damnation."

Pyro tried to smell, "I can't smell anything..."

Aerith tapped the staff on Pyro's head, "No joking. I mean, it was created on the Hela's Universe."

Magneto fell down beside her, staring at tens of massive plasma bullets that were being stopped by Aerith even as she talked, "Can you send them back?"

"No," Aerith looked up at the sky, watching the dark clouds cover it when the clouds tore apart, spreading out, revealing a blue sky.

Something gigantic came down, rotating, coming to a stop in front of them, spreading its wings. It smashed the plasma bullets apart, roaring, shaking the very air itself, "ROOOOAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!"

"It will," Aerith clapped her hands together, grinning, "Our year-long hard work. Sentinel Bahamut!"

Amelia let out a sigh of relief, putting her hands on her knees, "It's working...I thought it would take another year before it's workable?"

Aerith chuckled, putting her finger on her lips, smiling.

0