Prologue – before the slaughter Part 3
1.5k 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3

The hero party had gone to the south gate on the boarder town, to await the arrival of their newest member however one member was not happy about the idea of another person joining the party. Even more so because of how they were not there at the meeting point when they should have been. Eri was fed up of waiting and was pestering the hero to abandon the new member because they will be useless anyway however just as she had began to drag Hikaru away he focused in on a figure outside the gate. Wearing a black cloak covered in blood and decorated with gold patterns such as a rose he believed the figure to be the new member and so waited for her to come over expecting her to run over as she was both late however, he was incorrect instead they took a leisurely stroll to the town killing any enemies that came near by swinging their arm as a blade of blood appeared in their hand the members watched with slight shock at the one who was meant to be a mage killing high-ranked monsters with the single movement of her hand.

When she finally arrived at the gate the guardsman asked her to remove the hood she was wearing so that she could enter the town however when the guardsman moved to take her hood down she summoned her blood dagger and moved it to his neck telling him not to approach her, acting as if she was a noble then grabbing her special pass she had been given by the master and showing them. Raine went to check on the man when she noticed something strange about the small cut on his neck it seemed as if it was does with a dagger yet at the same time the cut seemed to be cracked like stone and corroded away at causing Raine to look at the new member with horror and disgust at what they could have done to the man without even a second thought

Hikaru realised that things where going bad quickly with the reveal of the new member so he decided to quickly get to the topic at hand "So now that we are all here we should get to the weapons location to gather the equipment that we have been given." He said in a quick manner so that things didn't escalate any further and slowly started walking to the location keeping an eye on the Mage.

He was thankful that they did without any hesitation for about it and continued onwards to the place to gather the equipment. They walked for about 10 minutes in complete silence until they finally reached the location that they had to get to, Hikaru felt that the 10 minutes were more like 10 hours with the dead silence that surrounded them the entire time compared to before when they would be bantering and laughing with each other as they walked.

They had reached the location where they would be given the item that they had either requested or been assigned to them by their backers. Hikaru was given the Sword of Light Aetherius Ashil Devils-bane, given the name to show ownership over the weapon was to Aether Ashil and his family and the later addition of the epithet Devils-bane for the holy power stored within the blade that allows it to be the only weapon know that has the power to permanently kill High-Demons instead of sending them back to Hell a true one of a kind weapon.  

Then they had given the Ardall Gnamimba two weapons the hammer that had made Aetherius, Orildrurim Hammer of the Gnamimba a large unwieldy hammer for most that burns with every attack allowing it to melt through armour and flesh alike. Although it is not one of the god blessed weapons that the world has known it is considered almost as powerful as one with its 100's of enchantments that have been added for hundreds of years by Gnamimba family.

Eri was given the short bow of Thornsheart the bow made out of the Demon tree Thornsheart allowing it to pierce through any demon causing major damage but with the disadvantage that it can never kill a demon of any rank due to the origin of the weapon powerful but with many weaknesses that other weapons would not have, but few weapons possessed the power that the bow carried behind each arrow.

Raine was given the Raindrop Staff a weapon blessed by the God of life just for her when the time would come for her to fight. A weapon that is neither ancient or powerful in combat like the others but instead the only one made by a Gods hand and given the power to bring back life once a month, and right after the death of the person a weapon suited perfectly to the healer also allowing her water to travel much further than even Eri's bow by the virtue of rain itself. 

Zaleria was given the Scythe of the Blood Rose made millennia ago without a clear age to it and with an unknown limit to its power only that nobody has reached that power in record. The scythe takes a new name after the user usually the name appearing etched into the blade with magical glow it it and the scythe changes appearance to match with the new user of it. When it was handed to her it looked like a simple cheap scythe without any colour to it other than black however after Shiro took the blade she used her hand to draw blood and smeared it over the side of the blade causing it to contort and change shape until it had a new look it was now a dark red like dried blood all over the blade with the handle being covered in what looked like bandages and under the bandages was rotten wood and thorns with the end of the handle around the blade being covered in small thin vines layered with thorns and at the end was a rose stained with blood. Giving the entire weapon an eerie and unsettling appearance and on the blade was a name Maria Adrianna Blood Rose.

The name visible on the blade clued people in to a part of her name but they realised that they dont know her name Hikaru knew her first name was Zaleria but not that her name was so long and so he decided that they should all introduce themselves to each other even if it was only a formality it would start to create a bond between them. 

"We should all introduce ourselves to eachother and learn a little about eachother" Spoke Hikaru to the other member now that they had lost what little animosity they seemed to have before now being given new powerful weapons.
"I will start to get things going my name is Hikaru Ashil and I am the Hero of light wielder of the Sword of light made for my ancestor and I am also the one Blessed by the God of light." Hikaru spoke with a kind and sincere voice causing the others to introduce themselves as well.

"My name is Ardall Gnamimba I am a descendent of the Dwarf who made Aetherius and as my last name may imply I am of Dwarven-Gnomish descent so my family are known for being great at smithing and have made many legendary weapons throughout history other than just Aetherius" Spoke Ardall with a tone of confidence.

"I am Eri Interin and have know Hikaru since childhood and trained with him to become a help for him in fighting the Demon king I am the best archer and good at holy magic!" She spoke with arrogance in her voice and some jealousy that other people are able to help the hero other than her.

"I am called Raine and have Dryad ancestry the protectors of the forests and greatest of the healers. I am also the one blessed by the God of life although my strength is in Healing i do also have some nature magic that i can enhance with my healing water to attack if i need to, however I do not believe that i will need to use that in this group." she elegantly spoke as she looked at the group.

"Zaleria Maria Adrianna Blood Rose, the next lord and master of the great Blood Rose and strongest mage of my speciality. Blood magic."

 

Sorry about not releasing a chapter after the last my laptop had broken and i had to get a new one because i believe that writing on my phone is not a a good idea however the schedule may not be great since i have recently entered into university however i will try to keep a semi consistent release rate

0