Chapter 17. End.
18 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"splendid."

She just said and she teleported us back into the class. Why is the others... Oh right... Manners.

"So students... Any questions?"

She asked the others and one of them raised his hand.

"Yes Eric? What question do you have?"

She asked Eric, the one who raised his hands.

"How can Default make that sword? The way he did it is so... Efficient and hard to do..."

Eric said, glancing at me while he said that. Elizabeth just smiled while answering his question.

"That is easy to answer. It is because he only used the right amount of mana to make the sword that is there and I doubt it will leave until a while. Of course that is easier said that than done and he did it almost perfectly, as there isn't a perfect in this world."

Of course nothing is perfect in this world, even if an object doesn't have a flaw, doesn't mean it is perfect specially since if it doesn't have a flaw... Nobody is going to use it... They would research the thing instead and create replicas or be inspired by it and that is what the universe is... At least that is my way of thinking about it.

"Then Default. Why don't you get rid of your mask?"

Elizabeth asked. Mask? I don't need to right? I don't want people to see my odd eyes... Well... If I am forced.

I took off the mask. After doing that, she smiled while looking at my eyes which I immediately closed off.

"... Anyway, let start getting back to our lesson..."

And after 8 hours of practical magic, lessons about magic, boring things I already know and easily do. It is done... I entered my dorm room that she gave me as I don't have a home and this is closer to the school... Really close, that it will took me 1 minute of running.

The room is comfortable enough for me, as she already know that I like simple things for some reason... Is she stalking me or reading my mind? I wouldn't know. I left the room by going outside the window and wearing the invisible cloak, enter the headmaster room, of course... She was there.

After entering, I took off the invisible cloak yet she isn't suprised.

"Now miss Elizabeth. I am still 13 years old. Why am I the youngest here?"

I asked a pretty pointless question. The second youngest is 14 and the oldest here is 15.

"... Well you already know B rank adventurer, Default. I just want you to be a student here and after 1 year I can let you skip grades as long as you can pass and I am sure you will have a hard time. As you are only b rank."

She said. She is taunting me on purpose. But I doubt that I can leave here anyway.

"Fine. I stay here for under 2 years. I don't have anything to do anyway."

I wore the invisible cloak and enter my room again. I returned the cloak to my crown.

Now I need to learn how to teleport. I notice she does it by using space attribute... Well... That is a problem... It is rare to find a monster with a space attribute core... This is going to be a problem.

-1 year and 3 months later.-

I can leave the place now. I kept the uniform as it auto cleans and restore itself... Kinda nice to wear be honest... I don't have to deal with laundry.

"Goodbye."

I quietly muttered as I leaved the academy. Now... I don't have a thing to do now again... I'm just going to travel... I don't even know how to kill "that God" yet... A god is really hard to grasp.

I ran to the ruined city, years ago. It still is in ruins but... This time... It felt a little bit different, especially on the ground. I guess there are people underground from here.

I controlled the mana from the earth to make a staircase as I walked down. After noticing I reached something, I stopped manipulating the mana.

... Hmm... People are living underground... I wore my mask before continuing my walk.

Growls... Monster...turning around, I thrown a mana dagger, killing a B rank monster. This place is dangerous... How can people live here?

I looked around while walking in this place. The place is completely in ruins, just like the city above it.

At this point. If someone actually can live here then I will expect them to be a strong person. But I don't really want to deal with that. Most monsters here can't even talk even if they are B rank meaning they are born to this rank and didn't evolve... But how can that be? It isn't like there is something that... I am saying something dumb. It doesn't happen isn't true, it just that it has so low of a chance it looks like it doesn't happen. But why is the monsters born as b rank?... I have no answer to this.

I walked alongside a path. Hoping to get an answer to my own question while doing so.

Even though I already explored the entire place... No one was here except monsters. Almost all of the people here are dead... Maybe all of them are dead... Bones are scattered around everywhere...

I left the underground to see a person... 15 years old I presume. The clothing he has is rugged and destroyed like it isn't well taken care off... I guess he is the survivor.

"Hello."

I took off my mask and get beside him. He didn't try to get away.

"Say... You know why there are many monster underground?"

I asked. He didn't look different as he answered it.

"... They... Are... Our group... Person in black...... Cloak... Turn... Us... To monster... Except me..."

I see... I guess that answers my question. Now... I need to kill that... Wait... A person in black cloak?

"What does the person in black cloak look like? Does it have a black mask that... Feels evil?"

I asked. He looked suprised for a second before nodding. I given him 20 gold coins.

"Thanks for answering my question. You need the money to live. You already know that... Plus the extra things I gave you."

I said as I give him a white mask and an iron sword that I have laying around on my crown. I left after that.

"I am the traveller. I travel and travel until I do my real my purpose."

I randomly muttered as I walked to somewhere. In this world... I need to kill a god... But how do I kill "that God" ? I couldn't just go there normally... I just need to do it...... Somehow I need to do it... I am... Why do I feel so weird?... Illusions?

I looked around and noticed that the place... Changed into a church with a man on white dress.

"You are my... Target it seems."

I said as I drawn my sword.

"This is just an illusion. A one you couldn't resist against. It is just a way to meet you before I turn you into my puppet..."

He said as my mind is in pain... Ugghh... Never felt this for a while... Calm yourself... It will be fine.

"You can resist it? That is surprising..."

He said with a sarcastic tone. Well maybe you could have not done this in the process and give me some peace but I won't be giving you some... Bad thing is that the one I am seeing is an... Illusion? No it is a doll.

I grabbed the doll and Immediately eat its core...  Space attribute... Finally... Space attribute. The pain is gone... But it will come back later.

"I guess I have to deal with your illusions now... Bastard."

The place returned to a normal road... I travelled to a nearby city, just 3 hours away when I ran.

"That God"... How do I get rid of you and your stupid schemes? The world is a game for you, even I could tell I am just a unique character for your chess. I can tell... That I am losing in this world... I can tell... That your life is just but something you can sacrifice to get entertainment. You are something I hate... Yet it fine with what you are doing... Stop thinking like that... It wouldn't work.

"I guess... My life is now on a short timer."

I immediately ran to the fastest speed I can, and even get rid of air friction for a moment to help me speed up a little.

I didn't bother to stop and just ran, and ran, and ran... Until death do us... Apart. Or so... It may seem... I am in the church this time. With the real him and me dead.

"... You are insane."

He said as he looked at me, with the eyes that looks suprised.

"I always am. Everyone am. I did it anyway... I killed myself to get here. Now I just have to kill you and give you your last entertainment."

I said as I drawn a wooden sword away from its sheathe.

"With your very own weapon? I guess I have to deal with you! Odd eyes traveller!"

He said as he floated and white lasers appeared which I dodged them while going towards him. Like I give a care about your entertainment. I am myself that the one who made me, made me. You are just a not-mortal enemy for me.

"Don't think of me like that. At least I bothered to help the humans. I gave them religion of my power. I didn't control the king to do what he wants. I did everything that I can do... I only want entertainment so I give them power. But, I guess even my goodwill isn't a goodwill to anyone else."

He said as he spawned even more lasers. I dodged them all while I slashed my sword at him once, making a shallow wound.

"This fight is... Isn't even real."

I said as I didn't bother to dodge the laser and noticed that I didn't took any damage.

"... I guess you noticed that too quickly. Even the wound you made to me isn't damaging me. My real power is the power to heal. It isn't a very strong power but the humans used it in some other ways... By healing the mind... You can control them..."

He didn't continue.

"That is how the Illusion magic started right?"

Even to me that would be obvious.

"I give the power to heal to the humans and what happened next is... That they experimented on themselves and the king at that time is also in that, he was... Given an illusion that demons are bad people... And this whole thing started. I wanted entertainment yet the only thing I caused is sorrow... But I guess that is with me... Meddling with humans."

He said with a sorrowful tone in it.

"Do you want to die alone... Or I may help you?"

I asked and he just... Didn't say a thing as I stabbed him in the chest, piercing his heart.

"... The reason why I am here is because of you... Thank you for that... But atoning to your crimes by dying... I guess... I can respect you for that. You made one mistake that caused this whole mess and you summoned me to kill you... You really are sorrow instead of entertainment."

_..._

System... Thanks for being able to see this.

I grabbed my wooden sword and... Stab myself with it... Now... I said you won't die alone... And I guess... That is true.........

("...... I'm sorry... I... Am Swordater, you know? The one you always hate. I guess I don't really have a choice but to be hated after all I done. But anyways... This short story already ended. I wouldn't say it is a good story just like every other story that I made and deleted. It is just that... You know... I made this character with the intent that he die. Every character that I made always die at the end, via sacrifice, murder or... Plot convenience... I made it to be always like this, it is one reason why the story is fast. I guess... It is... Happily ever after.")

0