Duel
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5: Duel

 I wake up the other day and to my surprise, beside my bed there was a table with some bread, tea and soup. I watch this food with bright eyes, but I don't know if I can eat it all, suddenly the bedroom door opens and there is a woman, aged between 18 and 21 years old wearing a maid's outfit. She watches me and asks:

 "Aren't you going to eat?"

 " I can? "

 "Feel free, this was all done at the princess's request, she said to treat you well before the duel."

 "So...thanks for the food"

 I'm eating breakfast, which by the way is delicious.

 "By the way, Mr. Theo..."

 " Only Theo is fine , there 's no reason for you to be formal with me "

 "Okay... We haven't been introduced yet, haven't we?"

 "My name is Nina Flowes, I am the lady's personal employee since she was little."

 "A pleasure Miss Nina"

 "Only Nina is ok"

 After the small exchange of introductions, I finish my meal and Nina explains to me how today would be. First I would have my duel against Selene, then I would have lunch with them and in the afternoon I would have the conference with King Alexander...

 "By the way Nina, there's something I want to ask you about Selene's abilities."

 " Yes?..."

 ********************************

 Around 9 am, we were heading towards the makeshift arena for our little duel, we met Selene on the way and we talked about a few things.

 The dueling arena is a large place with plenty of room for mage fights, a structure made for training knights and mages.

 I am directed to a small room with weapons and armor and allowed to choose any weapon or armor from there. I choose light leather armor and a medium sized sword, perfect for the strategy I had formulated in advance.

 By the way, after talking to Nina about Selene's abilities, I find out that the princess has mastery of three elements: Fire, Earth and Wind. A somewhat complicated opponent, but I've already thought of a way to win.

 I go to the center of the arena and there the rules of the duel are passed on to us...

 • It is forbidden to inflict critical damage on the opponent.

 • The bout referee must stop if the bout gets out of control.

 •We are prohibited from using explosive and area damage spells.

 We have some spectators for this duel, one of the army commanders, some soldiers and Nina.

 Without further ado, the referee signals the start of the duel.

 For now I'm going to use the beginning to study Selene's movements, but I'm prevented from thinking when she moves at terrifying speed with her sword shaped by wind magic that hits the ground in front of me, I barely managed to escape. Selene's blow makes the ground crack at her feet, with such amazing strength and speed, I won't have time to react to the only thing I can do and go up.

 I hold my sword in front of my body and release my lightning magic, being enveloped by lightning, which helps increase my speed and physical strength. I hear small mutters from the soldiers who are watching.

 "Oh, lightning magic is very rare"

 "This boy looks interesting"

 "Too bad he's against the princess"

 I turn my attention back to Selene who is already preparing a fireball in one hand and with the other moving her sword to the ground preparing an earth spell. It was expected that it would be difficult, but this is becoming impossible. I jump forward dodging the fireball that had been thrown towards me and exchange sword blows with it, when touching the ground I am unbalanced by the earth magic that changed the shape of the ground.

 I'm surprised by a quick attack from Selene, if it wasn't for the three tireless years of training alone she would be on the ground right now, using my sword and magic our feet I manage to jump sideways dodging.

 "Tsk" Selene clicks her tongue

 "You are very good at deflecting Theo"

 "And you're human? You're as fast and strong as an army knight"

 "Hey that was a little rude"

 " This boy has claw " Proclaimed a soldier

  For now everything is within my plans, I'm still hiding my other element so as not to compromise the strategy, it's been a little difficult because I'm being pressed for her strength but that's ok.

 " Theo get ready , I'm going to fight for real now " getting into position Selene gets ready

 "Same the same" Taking a deep breath, I advance at high speed towards her.

 Our swords clash with all their might , I'm thrown back by Selene 's formidable strength .

 " Heavy"

 I don't have time to breathe and we're already in a great exchange of blows again. I'm at the disadvantage again, I get a small cut on my right shoulder, now one on my left leg, it makes me lose posture, I get a straight kick on the right side that throws me to the ground.

 " damn " I complain getting up

 " Sorry Theo , but I won't lose to you so easy "

 Selene sticks her sword in the ground and bending down with her hands on the ground she says:

 "Earth Needles"

 The ground shakes, I position myself quickly, but I'm surprised again because of the needles of earth that rise up at my feet, I jump sideways at high speed, but I'm hit in the back and I fall rolling behind a rock.

 "Theo, your reflexes are very good, one of the best I've fought against..." "but I won't lose"

 I keep silently moving among the rocks as Selene prepares several fireballs.

 "Since you won't show up, I'll find you"

 She launches several fireballs in various directions, moving me between the rocks dodging the attacks and looking for an opportunity to attack.

  "tsk, you won't show up, so I'll find you." I sense her irritation and notice the opportunity to attack with the small moment she let her guard down in anger at not being able to hit her opponent.

 I prepare a small ice spear and hurl it toward Selene and keep moving behind the rocks.

 "What? ice... tsk... this is nothing"

 A little surprised by the ice attack, she cancels her magic to block my attack with her sword. I keep throwing several ice spears in motion , very angry at the sudden turn of events , Selene invokes a fire barrier that blocks my attacks , and with the swing of her sword launches a wind attack that hits me , I manage to block the attack but I get thrown of coast on the wall.

 "I managed to hit you, you were a great opponent, but the victory is mine..."

 At that moment I lifted my face smiling at Selena.

 "Sorry but ..."

 I activate my "Pillar of Ice" magic which raises a pillar under Selene's feet that loses her balance and lands on her back, at that moment with a leap in front of her, aiming my sword at her neck.

 " but... the victory is mine !"

0