Chapter 1: Everything taken from her
164 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: Everything taken from her

 

Male protagonist: Liu Zemin

...

 

On a stormy day, Wei Xiaohui stands on top of a bridge. Very close to the edge of the bridge. She stares at the water below. 

 

Anything that drops into the water would be consumed by the furious tides. However, Wei Xiaohui didn't care as she got closer and closer to the edge!

 

'There's nothing left for me.' Wei Xiaohui couldn't help but cry, But there were no tears. The only thing she felt was nothing as she stared aimlessly. 

 

The only sounds she heard are the ocean waves. 

 

It wasn't supposed to be this way. Wei Xiaohui was a famous model. Despite being a model, Wei Xiaohui never showed her face. She never sought fame as it wasn't something she wanted. 

 

But even if Wei Xiaohui never wanted it, fame still came to her! Her flawless body proportions and skin made her popular. (idk what the job is called)

 

Many know her as the mysterious model Wei of HOPE. 

 

And the person who supported her in all of this is her boyfriend, the CEO of HOPE, Zhou Liqin. The two had been a couple since their college days. 

 

One day her boyfriend told her that he wanted to start an entertainment company. Wei Xiaohui supported him fully.

 

There were hard times, and there were happy times. But all of it was worth it. Their company became one of the most famous companies in the entertainment industry. 

 

One was the focal point of the company. While the other one supported. They were the perfect match. 

 

And as time passed on, Zhou Liqin finally gave her the question, "Wei Xiaohui, will you marry me?" On his knees, Zhou Liqin brought out a diamond ring. 

 

Wei Xiaohui agreed immediately. With them being engaged, Wei Xiaohui decided to stay home more, prepared to take care of the child. More and more models were recruited, so she didn't have to do much anymore. 

 

Nothing was wrong with that. But one day, Wei Xiaohui received a call from her best friend. She begged her if she could get a job at her company. 

 

The two were very close friends in college. So, of course, Wei Xiaohui helped her. She went to her husband, asking him for help. 

 

Zhou Liqing didn't mind and said that he would help her best friend to the best of his ability. When Wei Xiaohui heard that, she couldn't be happier. 

 

And that's when everything started to change. 

 

Day after day, Zhou Liqin would be coming home later than the other day. At first, Wei Xiaohui thought it was because he was working hard to help her friend succeed. However, when she was doing laundry, she found it.

 

On one of his shirts, there was a deep red kiss mark!

 

Wei Xiaohui couldn't believe it. 

 

No! she didn't want to believe it. 

 

Her husband was faithful. However, that kiss mark just made her heart sink.

 

Wei Xiaohui wanted to ask him about it when he got home. But she couldn't take it.

 

She quickly reached the company. When she arrived at Zhou Liqin's office, the lights were still on. Wei Xiaohui sighs in relief as she thought he was still working. 

 

However, when she was about to open the door, she couldn't believe it. 

 

Zhou Liqin and her best friend were kissing each other!

 

"Liqin, when are you going to tell her that we're a thing now?" Her best friend said with a coquettish smile.

 

Zhou Liqin stopped kissing her as he frowned, "Why do you have to bring her up now?"

 

"But she has to know eventually. I don't want to keep lying to her." 

 

Zhou Liqin's expression softens, "Nuying, you are too kind." He strokes her head, "Don't worry, I'll break our engagement in a few days. And then I'll marry you." Zhou Liqin didn't say any more as he mischievously bit her neck. 

 

The soft moans coming out of her best friends resound throughout the office. And when Wei Xiaohui heard all of that, her heart almost couldn't take it. 

 

Wei Xiaohui rushes out of the building without looking back at what happened. She wanders around aimlessly only to arrive at the bridge. The same bridge Zhou Liqin proposed to her. 

 

"I have nothing now. No fiancee. No best friend. No job. I have nothing anymore." Wei Xiaohui laughed as she couldn't bear it anymore. 

 

She gets closer to the bridge, ready to end it all. However, before she could, a voice calls out to her,

 

"Are you sure you want to end it all?"

0