11. Black Instinct
624 10 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lord Joyde The Madman: Heylo, everyone! How are you all doing?


A few hours later... - House Prodigium (Living Room) - Lucius' Point Of View...


So after our little bit of tragic fun-time in the bathroom, me and Rosemary went shopping around town, or should I say city?

Anyways...

Turns out, much the same as I was in the aftermath of my physical transformation via nanite magic, she also required a whole bunch of new clothes as she couldn't bring half of what she needed with her when she ran away. Honestly, her story is getting less and less connected as I learn more about it. Also, what she managed to bring already amounted to more clothing than I would need in a year. No joke, but I suppose that's just how she is.

Two things are certain though: her escape was rushed and she has lost the ability to become a mother.

I don't really know why, but the second one sickens me to the core. And while I did say that I wanted to impregnate her and that we would ahem, find a way, I'm not actually that into the idea.

Not that I dislike my sister, quite the contrary, but the idea of having children while being so young terrifies me. I ain't ready to be a father.

And she most definitely isn't ready to be a mother.

That said, the thought of having the possibility itself taken away from me is...

Horrifying.

It makes me angry, no, furious just thinking about it.

Rumors say that castrated men often tend to act as if nothing matters to them anymore and while that isn't too far away from how I am already, I'd like to keep that barrier between myself and the extreme in question.

Anyways, going shopping for clothes was a very... tumultuous experience, should we say?

Its a whole new world you see once you realize that absolutely nobody recognizes you. This, combined with my sisters general need to stay hidden, preventing me from even saying her full name on one occasion, has made me quite aggravated.

If we didn't have sex before going out, I might have gone crazy in the middle of the city. Thankfully, our driver realized what was happening and somehow managed to calm me down by telling me stories about himself and his wife. The old man seemed to have the entirely wrong idea...

Or did he?

I mean, Rosemary has cooked me some lunch, cleaned my or rather our house and is currently exploring our wardrobe while being on the phone with a building company in an effort to organize the construction of her own room.

If we even need a second room anymore, that is.

... a bigger bed wouldn't hurt, though.

A beeping sound from my front wakes me from my musings as I turn towards the 2000x2000 pixel screen in front of me. Ah, my computer has finally managed to turn itself on.

... Did that just take an unusually long time or did I lose track of the aforementioned function of reality?

I let out a sigh.

Possibly both."Hey, Lu. Are you there?"

"... yes?" The eldritch abomination writhing inside of my head and using my own damn voice to speak to me seemed almost confused as he replied."... is something wrong?"

"Nothing much. I am merely looking into all the possibilities of your future and find myself... intrigued." I.. see?

I'm honestly not sure that is a good thing."It is not. For you, that is."

Another sigh escapes me as I absentmindedly double click on an icon called HZTracker on my desktop. A government-issued program which tracks all hunters and their respective Hunting-Zones, with a link to each persons profile and general information. All regulated by the government and supposedly only accessible by other hunters.

Selling this information is illegal, of course. And the SOM has been rather... effective, at dishing out direct punishment to any who abuse the system.

Turns out, when psychopaths rule, they don't like to share their power unless absolutely necessary."As it should be. Strength, no.. Power, overrides everything else. So long as one possesses enough power, anything is within their grasp!"

".... but when is enough?" Lu's darkened laughter echoed terribly within my mind."Never."

Beside myself, I let out a chuckle as I scrolled down on my screen until a name caught my eye. A hunter by the name of Igor Faust, who appeared to be a sixty year old man with greenish white skin and light, auburn hair. A middle-aged man who seemed to have nothing about him that was out of the ordinary.

He had a wife and three children, two boys and a girl. One thing caught my eye; his HZ was right next to my house. Hunting Zone number three, to be specific.

If I owned a license to this one, I wouldn't even need a damn taxi to drive me around. I could just carry what I kill back home.

Hmm... maybe I should buy this plot of land?

Wait a moment.

Why am I suddenly trying to switch hunting zones? There's nothing wrong with mine... the recent incident was purely Lu's fault, after all.

The aforementioned eldritch monstrosity continued laughing, the implausible tone of submerged chaos booming deep inside of my skull, yet he said nothing.

A blink.

Then another.

A man.

A normal, innocent man.

With a perfectly normal wife.

And three children.

A girl.

And two boys.

...

A blackened smile etched itself onto my features as realization finally hit me.

It would seem that I've found my victim.

Immediately, I called the mans number, generously provided by our ever-so-diligent government. The phone in my hands rang as I felt horrid excitement rushing through my body, mind and soul.

My heart burned.

I feel... so..

Alive.

"H-hello? Who is this?" A mans voice echoed from beyond and my smile twisted into a grin."Hello, this is Lu. Are you Mr. Faust?" The eldritch abomination now seemed to become utterly consumed by laughter.

I could almost feel the man blinking in confusion."Just Lu? E-er, anyways, yes, I am Faust-"

"Good. Look, I don't want to waste either of our times so I'll just get to the point. I want to buy your hunting zone license for number three." Faust let out a laugh before replying, my words seemingly alleviating the mans tension."I'm sorry, my young man, but my license isn't for sale."

"Not even for a grand?" This seemed to make the man pause for a moment."Eh- I me-"

"How about a grand and three hundred?" I made myself appear somewhat annoyed as Mr Faust seemed to bite his own tongue."Loo-"

"I can't go over a grand and five hun-" This time, he interrupted me and I felt myself laughing on the inside as I heard him speak."JUST SHUT UP FOR A DAMMED MOMENT!"

Letting him fall directly into my trap. I somehow managed to stifle my reply and my horrid chuckling."... you actually went quiet? Woah, okay. Why does that never work with my kids?! A-anyways, by grand, you mean one thousand credits, yes?"

"... correct?" I replied, sounding incredibly annoyed now as the man stumbled on his own words."I- I see." He muttered something about *fucking rich kids* before replying."Alright, you got me. One thousand credits for an HZ? You've got yourself a deal but I... want to know why you want my HZ so badly." He stated without missing a beat and I went silent for a little while.

What do I say?

Panic caught me and I nearly shut the call, yet a flash of inspiration hit me moments before I pressed the big, red button."Sir, have you heard about what happened at HZ42?

"... you mean that one lad who killed off an entire raker pack on his own? Oh. OH! I got it. You're a hunter from that zone and now you want to get the hell out of it. Well, I can assure you that number three ain't got any of that bullshit. The raker's here are all defensive sure, but not one of them will actually attack you unless you attack first." I nodded, mostly to myself."Well, its not the only reason. Number three is actually pretty close to my house and I've been wanting to buy a license for it for a long time now just... never really had a good reason, y'know?"

"Till now, I suppose?" Faust let out a massive sigh before taking a deep breath."Alright. One grand's fine but ... I can't just sell it to you without allowing you to at least survey the place."

"Survey? What do you mean?" The man seemed to swallow down and start to whisper into the phone."Alright look, my family and I are going on a little picnic later today in my HZ. Since you said your place was close to the HZ, I figure I can give you a ride there and you can just explore the place while we do our thing."

A blink."Erm, sure thing, Mr Faust just.. can I bring my gear or?"

"No, that's illegal. Hmm.. but I suppose you walkin' around without a rifle is pretty dangerous and I won't be there to protect you... not to mention that you're from #42.. Alright, fine. I'll let ya take my ol' Bestie out for a stroll." I think that means he's gonna give me his hunting rifle.

I am going to murder this man and his family with his own weapon. A spree of laughter escapes me before I can stop it and Faust seems to mistake the reason for my laugh."What? You tellin' me you don't name yer guns? Fuckin' newbie..."

"Its alright, Mr Faust. I'll send you my coordinates via PM. When can I expect you?" Igor seemed to ponder the answer for a moment."Well, me and the family are gonna have lunch now and start packing at around the thirteenth. I suppose you can expect us to arrive by your place at half past that."

"I'll see you then, Mr Faust." And with that, the call was ended with an approving harrumph from the person on the other side. Suddenly, a hand was placed on my shoulder and I turned to find my sister standing behind me with an amused look."Who were you talking to just now?"

"Why do you ask?" I quirked an eyebrow at her, forcing my expression to be as emotionless as possible."W-well, you seemed to laugh several times during the conversation so I just kinda figured you were talking to your girlfriend or something." She turned her head away from me.

Ah.

So that's it.

I felt a smirk form itself upon my features as I put my phone down onto the desk and rose from my seat, coiling an arm around Rosemary."Rose, I don't have a girlfriend, I was talking to a fellow hunter."

She blinked and seemed instantaneously relieved, if a little bit flustered."A-ah, that's... good? No, wait, I mean-"

I interrupted her with a kiss, as passionate as I could possibly make it. Just a small, silent joining of the lips, without a touch of force.

More than enough to quieten her down and make her blush crimson and pink."Why would I even want a girlfriend, anyway? After all..."

The smirk now turned into a full, beaming smile that went from ear to ear before I leaned down and whispered into hers."... a sisters all you need, right~?"


That's it for this chapter~.

I sincerely hope you liked it!

As per usual, I will be posting this chapter first and editing out mistakes at a later date!

A very special thank you to those twelve individuals on ScribbleHub who rated my story 5/5! You guys and girls are doing wonders for my morale, so thank you again!


Anyways, read and review! And Good Morning/Day/Night to you all! ADIOS FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2