Chapter 6- It’s me, Roland!
3.6k 17 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stepping out from the crowd, Roland's shadow started to extend, wrapping around the player and Lilia, and blocking Atlas's strike.

Shadow manipulation, is one of the innate abilities of the vampires, and Roland's specialty.

"Who dares block my attack!?!?!"

"It's me, you mangey mutt. Though I don't suppose a dog as wild as you would recognize it's owner." Roland said with a sneer.

Atlas snarled.

"Roland! You dare intervene? Don't you have dark cave to hide in? Oh, never mind, the Mercury's never were like the other vampires."

Damn. If Roland was the old Roland, he might have been pissed. After all, the fact that the Mercury's were shunned by most of vampire society, was there sore spot. Most vampires held a grudge against the Mercury's because they were never affected by the vampire hunts unlike most of them.

Of course, the current Roland didn't care at all. Instead, he directly attacked with his shadow, as Atlas's body started to change.

Prime werewolves were the equivalent of noble vampires, being part of there race from birth and not through conversation. As a prime werewolf, Atlas could transform into his werewolf state even without the moon.

The shadow spike sent by Roland was blocked directly by Atlas with his claws. He slashed through the various tendrils of darkness, and dashed straight towards Roland.

Suddenly, the shadows that were split apart reformed, wriggling and fusing together, turning into one giant tentacle. The tentacle grabbed Atlas mid dash, locking him in place.

Atlas tried to escape, but couldn't as the tentacles started gripping on him harder and harder. This continued as time passed, as Atlas could not remove the shadows wrapped around him.

Then, after Atlas stopped struggling, the shadows released him.

Despite being the one who lost and being in bad condition, Atlas was still cocky. Instead of leaving in shame, he directly turned to Roland and said 

"Humph, you must have been waiting a long time to use that trick, haven't you? It won't work again. Next time we meet, I'll show you my true power."

Roland never knew how people could be so shameless. Even Game Roland, accepted his loss, mostly because he believed that rejecting the loss would lose his family even more honor.

But then again, it was obvious that Atlas was based on the 'Young Master' trope from cultivation novels, never being able to accept a loss and always relying on his daddy to get what he wants.

While thinking that, Roland turned around and looked at the two people who were behind him.

The player was completely shaking in his boots. Makes sense, considering the fact that his introduction to the supernatural wasn't a hot waifu drinking his blood, but a showdown between an arrogant vampire and a werewolf prick.

Lilia however, looked at him with grateful eyes. No, other emotions were present.

Thank god. It seems like Roland didn't have to worry about her imprinting on to him like she did to the player in the game.

Lilia approached him, and directly bowed while saying

"Thank you for helping me. My name is Lilia Valentine, nice to meet you. Your Roland Mercury, right? Your quite famous around here."

Roland snorted.

"You have misunderstood Valentine, I did not choose to aid you, but rather intervened to mock Atlas. As you know, us vampires and werewolves have never gotten along."

Since both werewolves and vampires can convert others into there race and mainly operate during night, it made sense that they had a few conflicts between them. It was also the reason Roland chose to intervene, as he would have a good reason why. Of course, the main reason was so that Lilia didn't feel indebted to him. 

That would cause to much trouble.

"I know that you didn't stop him because of me, but I'm still grateful. After all, you made your shadow protect us even if you didn't have to.'

Ugh, girl, can you just leave me be? I was just defending my meat shield, not you!

Suddenly, the player, who was in a stupor, walked towards him and also bowed.

"Thank you for saving me, My name is Drake Vernon. I don't think we would have made it without you."

Drake, the player, seemed to have finally calmed down, as he was no longer stuttering like before.

Roland laughed and said

"You guys should go to the auditorium. They can't touch you if the principal is there."

Saying that, Roland turned around, walking towards the auditorium while in thought.

What is he thinking about, you might ask?

It was his Shadow manipulation.

Roland had practiced his abilities the day he arrived, so his abilities were more or less the same as in the game. 

What he was questioning wasn't the ability itself but who was using it.

Because that last move against Atlas?

That definitely wasn't him.

103