Chapter 7- Dodging Death Flags
3.3k 19 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the boss of the main route, Roland was much stronger then Atlas when it came to their basic capabilities. 

But since Roland had just transmigrated, he still needed to get use to using his strength. So when he blocked Atlas, he was expected a decent practice partner to hone his abilities.

He didn't expect his shadow to completely body Atlas, especially because it wasn't by his command.

So, if he didn't command it, then what did?

Roland couldn't fathom a guess.

He had only been in this world for a couple of days, so his knowledge was extremely lacking. Although he had some information from the dating sim, he didn't know if they were 100 percent true or not.

So in order for him to find out who was manipulating his shadow, he need to enter the library of Nightmare Academy. The library of the academy was filled with many restricted and ancient books, and one needed a high enough permission to enter and sift through them.

Roland needed to become an model student if he wanted to be trusted with such authority, so he decided that he would start the school year with his best foot forward. 

With that thought, Roland went to the auditorium with steady steps, after checking that Roselia wasn't camping there of course.

Making his way through the crowd of people, Roland started looking for a seat. A seat that was very far away from the capture targets and villains.

How would he achieve this you might ask?

Using their hair.

All of the capture targets had hair out of the ordinary, such as having them with a weird color or hairstyle. This makes them stand out even in the  crowd, since most of the other people were just ordinary and plain background characters.

Roland was extremely pleased with himself as he blended in with the wave of people and chose a seat very far away from the rest of the characters.

Sitting down, Roland double checked the area around him for main characters, before relaxing after he didn't find anybody. 

Unfortunately, his relaxation was short lived, as another student suddenly approached.

"Sorry, but is this seat taken?" the girl asked in a gentle voice. 

Roland's head spun towards her, before a look of relief spread over his face. 

The girl who asked that question was an average looking girl with brown hair and brown eyes. She didn't resemble any character he knew, and didn't have any special features. 

'She's safe'

"Of course you can." Roland responded with grace. 

The girl sat down beside him, as the principal had just arrived, ready to perform her speech.

Evelynn Cress stepped up to the podium, eliciting gasps from the students in the crowds,

"Welcome to Nightmare Academy, the school were monsters rule. But of course, we have some rules of our on that you need to follow. Our school has many years of history to it's name and has taught many renowned characters in the monster community. In fact, I, Evelynn Cress, have been teaching even before you were born."

This surprised no one of course, since they could already tell that she was an elf from her pointed ears.

The principal continued to introduce the school and it's current staff, but Roland was uninterested about this as he was waiting for another event to occur.

And sure enough, it did happen, as the principal invited the current reigning student council president on to the stage to give a speech.

That was Clarisse Vale, one of the capture targets, and a was basically a fill in for the student president archetype.

She had long blond hair and golden eyes, with a very strict expression on her face.

Roland had quite an impression on her, as it turned out she was related to the player in the story, as the Vale's were descended from the same dragon that the player was descended from. 

Of course, they were only loosely related, considering the large amount of time that had passed between them, and it felt like it was inserted last second so that the makers could attract attention from people who liked incest.

"Hello, I am Clarisse Vale, the current acting Student Council President. My job is to plan out all the activities that are going to occur throughout your time in the academy and make sure that you are having a smooth experience here in Nightmare Academy. And for those who are curious abut how one joins the academy, the president is elected and the rest of the members are chosen by the president."

At that point, Roland started to tune out, the stress of the day finally getting the best of him, causing him to go into a short slumber.

Unbeknownst to him, someone was looking at his sleeping form with an unordinary amount of interest. 

98