Chapter 8- Why is It Always Me
3.2k 16 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Classes were a breeze to be honest.

Roland already had an idea of what the curriculum was going to be like, so he was amply prepared for whatever the teacher's threw at him. That said, the amount of interest he had in each class differed.

Monster history, which was led by an elf called Mr. Dedalus, was very interesting. The subject revolved around the various past events that occurred in the monster society, such as Monster Knight War, that led to the gradual decline of the vampires.

Magical Plants class was led by Ms. Flora, a Dryad, and was quite fascinating, as it led to talks about rare plants such as the Origin Fruit's of the World Tree or the sentient Mandrake.

Each class seemed so novel to Roland, that even the most uninteresting of subjects seem captivating to him.

The class that drew his attention the most however, was Combat 101.

Combat 101 was the class that showed monsters how to efficiently use their gifts and maximize their innate potential.

The reason it drew Roland's attention however, was that it was the location of the first initial conflict in the plot.

The player finds themselves challenged by the instructor as a practice dummy, and the one sided beating leads to a portion of his dragon blood awakening, which allows him to burst with a large amount of strength that takes the instructor by surprise.

This was very important, as this exchange made many of the capture targets interested in the player, and starts the progression  of the story.

Roland was one of the very first to enter, as unlike most of his fellow students, he knew exactly where the classroom was because of his previous experience of playing the game. Of course, their was another reason for the lack of people who come early to the classroom.

The class Roland was in is A class, which is exclusively for those of great status and talent. Roland, as the heir of Mercury, was qualified and Drake Vernon, was also qualified by the basis of his untapped potential.

Almost all of the capture targets and villains were in Class A, even the half-succubus Lilia, because she had the blood of Lilith. 

Suffice it to say, almost everyone in the room was of high status, and most of them were use to coming and going to places as they please. Though Roland guessed that they would definitely arrive before class officially starts.

And sure enough, more and more people flooded into the room just as it was approaching the beginning of class. Roland saw some familiar faces, and then proceeded to adjust his seating positions to avoid getting near them. Instead, he took a seat at a desk that was in the first row, with both of his seatmates being mobs that didn't have a relation with the main cast.

The initially noisy room grew quite, as a women entered the room.

She had long curly black hair, with olive color skin and sea green eyes. Her face was very beautiful, and so was her form, with many curves and the right places filled in. Yet, one could feel the power dormant in that seductive figure of hers.

She looked at them with a strict gaze, before introducing herself.

"Hello, I am Ms. Viridian, and I am going to be your teacher for Combat 101, and your mentor for the art of battle. Note that I plan to take this seriously, and my training is going to be way more deadly then whatever plan the school had prepared for you. This might lead to you suffering sever injuries, and some of you might even die. If you can not except those terms, you can come to me later so that I can allow you to miss out on that training and give you some other assignments instead. Sounds clear?"

Only a few people were surprised when she told them this. After all, most of them were from a long lineage of monsters and were thoroughly taught about those matters, so they understood the brutal nature of the world.

More importantly, most of them were already expected this considering who their teacher was.

Vienna Viridian, was a powerful werewolf who was expelled from her pack for her incredibly brutal ways. Of course, the main reason she was expelled, was that she was a woman.

The strongest in a pack was usually the male alpha, but Vienna was much stronger than her Alpha, despite being a woman. She loved to fight, and was always the first to charge into battle.

This was used by the Alpha and her other pack members to banish her, under the flimsy excuse that her fighting oriented mindset made her dangerous and an impediment to the tribe. 

Eventually, she was picked up by the school principal, Evelynn, and was made the teacher of combat 101. Her past allowed the well informed students to know what type of mentality she had and how she would run the class.

And she did not disappoint. 

Pointing towards the mat, she said

"In order to teach you, I must know about your individual strengths and weaknesses, and the easiest way to know that is through battle. That's right, your going to fight me. But don't worry, I'll stoop down to your level and go easy on you. Don't want to lose my paycheck after all."

Standing on the mat, her eyes scanned over the crowd of students with the eyes of a predator looking at prey. Her gaze continued to roam around the various seats, until it finally stopped at Roland's.

Oh, you have got to be kidding me.

"I heard that we had a little dispute near the auditorium this morning. Since it technically happened before school started, I let it slide despite the fact that I was nearby. But I feel like the winner should come up and show their skills."

Her eyes locked with mine. Her lips formed into a lopsided smirk.

"So you should come up, Roland."

108