Chapter 9: The Slime and The Request
4.3k 12 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hannah pulled Lily all the way outside before Lily managed to wiggle free. 

"Jeez Hannah, I would have followed you if you just said something. Anyway, where are we going?" asked Lily. 

"I come by here often when I travel, it's a town called Willen, I know the area so I wanted to show you around," Hannah replied enthusiastically, gently grabbing Lily's hand and interlocking her fingers with Lily's. 

"That sounds good," Lily replied. She was giddy because Hannah was holding her hand. 

"Let's not waste any time then," Hannah said. 

Lily wasn't used to shopping and such as she always stayed at home in her past life but she knew she was going to need new clothes as the ones she was currently wearing were still the tattered ones from the woods. Knowing this, Hannah deliberately took Lily to a clothing store before anywhere else. It was a place pretty close to their hotel and only took them 2 minutes to reach. 

The buildings here were fancier than the residential area. They were made of different colored wood and had different designers. The one Hannah and Lily were entering was made of white wooden planks and covered with pink beams, making it almost seem like a dollhouse.

Upon entering Hannah asked Lily, "What clothes do you like?"

"I'm not sure, I'm not really picky," replied Lily as she looked around the shop. Since she was going to be living in the wilderness for the most part she might as well get something practical. After searching for a while they found a blue shirt with a pair of shorts that didn't pass her thighs, it wasn't ideal but Lily was a slime so it didn't bother her as long as she liked the style. 

Hannah bought another set of leather armor but this time with a skirt instead of pants, with high boots. Hannah paid once again and noticed that her coins were slowly being diminished. She told Lily to go change while she counted how much money she had left. She had 30 silvers and 5 bronze left over. The ratio being 1:100:10,000 meaning one gold was 100 silver and one silver 100 copper. 

After Lily walked out of the dressing area, Hannah was stunned. Lily had never shown much skin since they met and she was skinny and not too muscular but she had a nice figure. 

"Like what you see?" asked Lily, doing a little twirl.

"Stop trying to act cool," Hannah said, even though she was blushing. 

They walked out of the shop and Hannah was thinking of hunting some animals to sell their parts for some cash. Suddenly, a little girl ran straight into Hannah, her head hitting Hannah's stomach. 

"Sorry," the girl said, rubbing her head. Then she seemed to get scared suddenly and was about to run when Lily grabbed her hand. 

"Are you ok?" Lily asked, "Why are you in such a rush?"

"Ma'am please give the girl to us," a man said to Lily's left, Lily turned her head and saw that it was a knight, he seemed to be from the Duke's house that was running the town. "She is a criminal and must be apprehended."

"And what are her crimes?" Hannah chimed in, curious about what a little girl could have done. 

"She escaped from the duke's manor," said the knight confidently. 

"And did she want to be in the duke's manor in the first place?" Lily asked, narrowing her eyes. As she said that to the guard, she transformed part of her hand into a mouth and whispered to the girl. "Hide behind me and count to three, when you finish run toward the woods and hide, we will find you later. Trust me, please."

"That is irrelevant," the knight responded. "The fact remains that she has escaped, please return her."

"Very well," replied Lily, causing Hannah to swing her head in surprise, she wasn't expecting Lily to hand over a little girl to such a man.

Lily then added, "Ah, well actually, she seems to have escaped." Lily said sarcastically. "What a shame, let's go, Hannah."

Hannah chuckled slightly as the guard's face went red and charged at them. Lily grabbed her hand and they began running into the crowd. When they reached an ally they noticed a crack in the wall surrounding the village.

Lily quickly told Hannah, "Use the morph skill to turn into a slime and squeeze through," while she did the same. After they made it across the wall they headed towards the woods where they knew the girl was hiding. Lily had left a part of her on the girl so she knew where she was. 

"This way!" she called to Hannah. 

They walked for about five minutes before locating the small girl in the hood. 

"Hey, are you ok?" asked Hannah, bending down to check on the girl. 

"I'm ok, thank you for helping me," she said in an unsurprisingly cute voice. "I know it must have been a bother."

"Not at all, we are glad to help, but we would like to at least see your face," said Lily, reaching for her hood and grabbing it. 

The little girl quickly stopped Lily and said meekly, "Please don't do that, I'll die."

"What do you mean?" asked Hannah. 

"I'm...." she said, but Lily and Hannah couldn't make out the last part. 

"What?" they both said. 

"I'm a monster," replied the girl holding her hood with her hand. 

"I'm sure that's not true," replied Lily holding the girl's hand. "Look I'm a slime," Lily said, as she backed up and morphed into a slime, her clothes dropping to the ground. 

The little girl seemed to lighten up and touched Lily who was now half her height. The girl chuckled. 

Lily turned back into human form and asked, "What's your name?"

The girl replied, "Sh-sha-Charlotte, can you please put on some clothes!" Charlotte said, turning away from Lily, who forgot to put her clothes on when changing back. 

Hannah facepalmed and said, "Sorry, she is a bit clumsy. It's nice to meet you Charlotte!" 

"It's nice to meet you too," Charlotte replied. "Can I ask for your help? I know you guys just saved me but my sister needs help, she was taken by the Duke. Please help us."

119