Chapter 26: The Slime and The Conspiracy
1.7k 3 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lily sat silently in the guest room that Dorian had brought her to. Her ears were ringing from the silence, it had been a while since she was last alone. She couldn't stand being away from her girlfriends, she had already gotten used to their constant presence. Her head perked up every time she heard shuffling at the door, but every time she was disappointed. After about an hour Maria walked in, smiling. 

"We just finished, the girls are on their way," Maria said while taking a seat next to Lily. 

"Oh finally," Lily sighed, happy to hear the good news. "But you know, now that you're here I wouldn't mind a bit of alone time. Just me and you, what do you say?"

"Look, I appreciate the sentiment and I do enjoy your company but you must stop the flirting, it's not appropriate. I am a princess after all, and the leader of a city. I have responsibilities and people that need me, I must wait until I am ready to make any decisions about courting."

"Of course princess," Lily bowed deeply toward Maria.

"Jeez, that was hardly necessary," Maria shook her head. 

"I know, I just enjoy teasing you. You are a princess but your demeanor, quick wit, and impressive feats prove you to be more than that. Instead of Your Majesty," Lily took Maria's hand and kissed her middle finger. "Maria," Lily breathed while the princess let out a shaky breath, "has a better ring to it."

Lily didn't stop there, she kissed up the princess's arm eventually finding herself face to face with a panting Maria. Lily planted a chaste kiss on her lips and when the princess didn't struggle, she deepened it. Lily's tongue smashed against Maria's lips begging for entry and after a few tries, it managed to slip in. Maria was incredibly clumsy and let Lily take the lead her tongue overpowering the princess's. 

"Try and keep it in your pants Lily," she heard Kira comment and Maria pulled away immediately and blushed towards the other girls. 

"I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking," she apologized to Lily's girlfriends. 

"It's not your fault, it's our horny mistress's fault," Charlotte said, and the four girls shivered at the word. 

"S-sorry?" Maria was confused after hearing the word, 'mistress' not that it was a bad thing, just surprising.

"Lily, it wouldn't have hurt to wait for a little, we just got here," Hannah added. 

"Sorry girls, she's just so beautiful. Isn't she? I couldn't hold back," Lily replied. 

"While it might be true, are you gonna go around making every girl you run into your girlfriend?" Scarlett asked, causing all the other girls to nod.

"No, it's not like that, I definitely won't do that, it's just that I feel a connection to the princess." Lily smiled sadly and then directed her gaze to Maria, "I know you feel it too."

Maria blushed and said, "Anyway, I wanted to bring you here to explain the situation. My father, the king, has a grudge against me and is trying all he can to get me dethroned and replaced, even killed. If I was known to have freed criminal monsters, even after investigation I would be under suspicion. I would prefer that didn't happen so you cannot leave this room, the dining room, or my personal chambers. I would like to add that you are not allowed in unless it is an emergency. Got it? Lunch is in an hour."

"We aren't mad at you, you know. We welcome you to come by anytime you want," Hannah said to her.

Maria paused before replying with a simple nod and walking out. She couldn't get the slime girl's face out of her head. She spent the rest of the day finalizing documents and randomly tracing her lips with her fingers. Lily's tongue in her mouth made her feel more comfortable like there was nothing to worry about. She wanted to go back and- wait what, she already told her that she was a princess. She needed to match that image. Her hand left her lips and went back to hold the documents she was signing. 

"Ugh, I'm so hungry," she said to no one. Her stomach rumbled even though she had a steak three hours ago. "Dorian, lunch please!"

"Right away my lady." he departed, only to come back not even five minutes later with a soup in his hand. 

"What's this?" Maria looked at her butler. He knew what she always wanted, so why bring something different?

"Well, our guests didn't like what was on the lunch menu so they prepared a soup and a strange dish using potatoes. When they heard of her Majesties lunch request they refused to let me bring you a steak and instead gave me this soup. I will immediately perform a taste test to make sure it is free of any poisons." 

"Who was the one that gave it to you?" Maria asked. 

"It was Lily, your majesty," he replied bringing the spoon up to try the soup. 

"It's ok Dorian, I'll have it as is."

"But my lady-"

"I said it's fine, bring it here."

Dorian set the soup in front of Maria. She sniffed the soup and it smelled amazing. She brought the spoon to her lips and she couldn't believe how tasty it was. In two minutes the bowl was emptied. 

"Your father is sending more troops tomorrow, he heard about the arrest at the border and is curious," Dorian said solemnly. 

"Can't we redirect them? Set up some fake monsters in cages and send them off? I know it's not the best plan but we don't have much time."

"We could, but that will hold their curiosity for only a day or so until they discover that it was humanoid monsters that were arrested."

"Go, it's worth a try, let me know when the task is complete." 

"Yes, my lady."

Maria shook her head, she was getting tired and images of Lily's face were appearing slowly getting closer to her lips. 

"Ugh!" she groaned and stood up, looking outside the large window to her left, with open curtains. A beautiful garden was spread out before her, with flowers and fountains and pools of all kinds. The sun was high and the dust shimmered in the light settling on Maria's mahogany desk. She imagined the blue-eyed girl once more, frolicking in the garden. 'I've got it bad huh?' she thought to herself. 

Touching her lips, Maria whispered, "Lily" before going back to work. 

50