Chapter 4
1.6k 4 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Yawn* 

 

I looked at my surroundings after waking up, didn’t change huh? Guess there’s no going back now. Even though I knew that this was gonna happen one can’t help but have wishful thinking during such situations.

 

I looked at the time, it’s around 7 A.M in the morning. Last night before going to sleep I had decided that I won’t be going to university for some time.

 

I got up from my bed, got done with all the morning routine work and then sat on my computer desk, musing as my computer boots up.

 

I opened the browser and searched  ‘Professor Kanou’, a large amout of sites appeared on my screen and after searching for a few minutes I got it.

 

“Akihiro Kanou, a physician at Kanou General Hospital...Hmm.”

 

The only way I can become a ghoul is to get help from this guy but why would he help me? Oh, wait I can also use that method. Alright, it’s decided then.

I rang the hospital’s reception and booked an appointment with Dr Kanou for the coming Sunday.

 

After fixing the appointment I changed into my tracksuit and went out to exercise, this new body is very weak and clumsy as I can expect from that nerdy Kaneki so I’m gonna get used to moving this body first while strengthening this badly looked after body along with it.

 

After arriving back at home I freshened up and ate my lunch and then called Hide.

 

“Man, why didn’t you come to university today? Do you have any idea how lonely I felt?!!”

 

Before I could say anything Hide started pouring his pent up frustration towards me.

 

“I’ve got a few important things to take care of Hide, I’ll most probably be absent for a week or two”

 

“What happened? Is there some problem?”

 

“It’s just some small matter don’t worry about it, I’ll settle it as soon as possible and come back.”

 

Hide was silent for a while and then said,

 

“If you need any help you can always call for my help, I know it’s not a small matter so that's all I would say, be careful.”

 

I was caught off-guard by him and became speechless for a while.

 

After a few seconds, I said with a heavy feeling on my chest.

 

“Thank you Hide.” 

 

And disconnected the call.

 

I looked at Hide’s name on my phone screen and smiled a bit.

 

After hanging up the phone I ate my readymade lunch which I bought from the convenience store while I was returning home after exercising.

 

I spent the rest of the day cooped up in my room thinking about all the things I need to do and how I’m going to accomplish at the same time thinking of some contingency plan.

55