Chapter 5
1.5k 4 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I spent the rest of my days exercising and planning about how I’m going to do things when I meet Kanou.

 

Finally, Sunday arrives,

 

I woke up early enough to catch the train for Kanou Hospital before the rush hour. 

 

I arrived 2 hrs before my time of appointment with Kanou so I used that time to have a nice breakfast from one of the stalls near the hospital building and spent the rest of my time gazing at the surroundings and browsing my phone before entering the hospital.

 

I told the receptionist about my appointment and was soon guided to a waiting room.

 

A few minutes later my token number was called and I entered a room on the door of which was written ‘Dr Akihiro Kanou’.

 

I pushed the door open and saw an old gentleman with a kind smile on his face going through some documents.

 

He looks at me and says while smiling,

 

“You must me Kaneki ken, please have a seat.’

 

I took a seat and stared at Kanou for a while before he finishes going through his document and asks me,

 

“Kaneki Kun so what problem does your body have?”

 

“It’s normal” I replied,

 

“If it’s normal then why did you booked an appointment. ”Kanou furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me strangely.

 

I ignored his question and started my monologue

 

“Dr Akihiro Kanou, formerly employed by GFG and CCG but was kicked out CCG because his research about integrating ghoul capabilities to human was deemed unethical by the higher-ups.”

 

A look of surprise flashed in Kanou’s eyes for a fraction of a second and became calm again this time filled with intrigue and so he asks.

 

“What do you want? If you’ve done background research on me to put me on a  spot right now, there must be something that you want.”

“As I said before, My body is normal that’s what my problem is,” I said while giving a smirk to him.

 

Kanou seemed interested and gestured me to go on,

 

“In short, I want a kakuhou implanted in me and I know that you have the skills to do that as well.”

 

Kanou muses for a while and says,

 

“Well you’re not wrong but why should I help you in fulfilling your wish?”

 

“It’s not just my wish, I believe you’re the type of person who can do anything if it means that your research will advance because of it and so instead of getting humans to be your guinea pigs discreetly why not just choose me instead of going through that long process,” I said.

 

“Well you’re not wrong, but what makes you think that I won’t worry about you killing me or of you blackmailing and making things difficult for me in the future?.” Kanou asked

 

“Well you can always report me to CCG and make things difficult for me aswell, so I believe the risks are equal on both sides, don’t forget I also carry the risk of dying in this surgery of yours.”

 

Kanou smirks and puts forward his hand for a handshake, and I complied.

 

“Fair enough, you’ve got yourself deal.”

 

“So when would you be ready to do the surgery on me?” I asked Kanou.

 

Kanou thought for a while and said,

 

“My shift today is almost over so let’s make it today, such things shouldn’t be delayed.”, Kanou said with a face filled with joy and expectations.

 

“Alright”

 

53