Chapter 6
1.5k 6 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kanou took me to his bungalow located in the 20th ward, The bungalow looked very beautiful and grand and suited a person of his stature.

 

After entering his home Kanou politely asked me whether I wanted to drink something or not, to which I replied coffee, Kanou seemed satisfied with my answer and went to prepare it for both of us.

While waiting for Kanou I started paying attention to his books which were placed on an imposing bookshelf in the living room, It was filled with several medical books and books related to ghoul anatomy were openly displayed aswell.

 

“Here’s your coffee” Kanou passed me the coffee cup while taking a seat himself.

 

“So any kind of specific Kagune you’ve in your mind? As the place of your Kakuhou shall depend on it.”

 

“Well how about a Rinkaku type?” I said. 

 

“Take your time to think about it no need to hurry,” Kanou said while pressing a button on a remote beside the sofa on which he was sitting.

 

“SHHHZZZZ”

 

The bookshelf started descending slowly and soon disappeared and what remained in front of us was a staircase descending down.

 

“Shall we?” Kanou gestured me while leading the way and I followed behind him.

 

We soon encountered a closed door. Kanou entered some pin and the door opened and I followed behind him. 

 

It was a dark narrow room with a single pathway forward, both my right and left sides were vertical green cylindrical tubes filled with some fluids and a sac-like thing on each of them.

 

“How did you like my collection?” asked Kanou.

 

“Are these all Kakuhou of ghouls?” I asked observing each of them carefully.

 

“Yes, I got my hands on them with the help of a few ghoul friends,” Kanou said, pleased by my reaction.

 

“You sure have a lot, any personal recommendations?” I asked,

 

“Yep, I have a particular one in mind for you.”, Kanou said with a cheeky smirk on his face.

 

“Since you’ve got one in mind then it means it would be riskier than others,” I said.

 

“You know me well, what’s the point of not giving something a chance just cause it’s a bit unique,” Kanou said and at the same time, we exited the pathway and reached an open area.

 

Kanou pointed at another cylindrical tube in front of me and said with an excited expression, 

“This is the one I want to implant in you.”

 

I looked at where Kanou pointed and saw a very weirdly shaped Kakuhou, unlike the normal sac-like shape which I saw in other samples while entering, it had a V shape where the angle between the two lines is wider more like 60 degrees instead.

 

Kanou explained further noticing my gaze full of interest on the sample.

 

“This Kakuhou will give you an Ukaku type Kagune I guess, that’s what its shape tells me, the owner of this Kakuhou was a failed test subject who died few minutes after being born, strangely enough, its Kakuhou was separated from its body before it died.”

 

“Oh, What were you researching?” I asked

 

Kanou casually answered,

 

“I was trying to create a natural born half-ghoul but it failed every time, either the human mother died before giving birth or the child dies before being born. Out of frustration in my last attempt, I made the human female I abducted from the streets mate with several ghouls with the help of my contacts the process went smooth and after getting her inseminated by more than a hundred ghouls in less than a week she showed signs of pregnancy and was put under observation while I made a specially prepared mixture of human flesh mixed with blood enter her womb to provide nourishment to the child.” 

 

Kanou paused for a second to sigh and continued,

 

“I had some hope of being successful that time cause she was the first one to be pregnant till the whole child was almost formed but unfortunately the child died in the 5th month along with the mother, When I saw the child’s body while removing it from the womb the Kakuhou of the child was detached from its body already as if it was never inside it. I have a guess that it rejected the body during the formation phase. I tried checking the child’s eyeballs but alas all I saw were white eyeballs, the child was born blind, so I still don’t know whether it truly was a half-ghoul or not.’

 

I was staring at Kanou the whole time while he was explaining this to me, even though I was prepared but still, I had to say that this man could go to any lengths for his research.

 

After Kanou was done with the revelling in the past, he asked,

 

“So Kaneki-kun do you want me to implant this kakuhou in you? Or you want a one with lower risks?”

 

“I want this one, you’ll implant the same one even if I disagree with it anyway.”

 

Kanou smiles creepily and says,

 

“You know me well, let’s get started

 

55