Chapter 12
1.2k 2 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day after finishing my breakfast which I ate just outta habit even though I wasn’t hungry, I went shopping.

 

Since I'm getting a cool mask soon, I should work on my outfit as well, I don't want to wear my mask over some cheap green jacket that isn’t even pleasing to the eye like how Kaneki did at the start, in the anime.

 

I bought myself a cool looking black trench coat, black gloves just to be sure that my identity is safe if some bastard tried to check fingerprints in my future killing sites and finally a good pair of black boots. It took a while for me to select all these cause naturally I’m gonna try them all before buying. 

 

My shopping spree lasted till mid-afternoon and returned home by 5 in the evening. I took out the items which I bought, arranged them on my bed and admired them all for a while before keeping them in the cupboard.

 

I was too lazy to do anything else so I just lazed around by watching T.V, I wasn’t feeling sleepy much so I went out for a night walk, it shouldn’t be much of a problem since the 20th ward is still not very active, I made sure to walk around lighted regions and found a convenience store, I thought since I’m a half-ghoul now smoking won’t affect me, I also kind of felt bad that I died without giving a try to smoking in my last life hence I made up my mind to try it now. 

 

I entered the store and asked for 2 packets of cigarettes and a can of beer, the part-time worker was a guy of my age and was easy to get along with so I was able to buy them without any problem.

 

While I was preparing to leave the store I saw someone enter who looked a bit familiar as I crossed him and left the store. I suddenly stopped my footsteps a bit finally remembering who it was and started walking again and hid beside an electric pole while observing the person.

 

“Nishio”, I murmured, He was Nishio Nishiki the University senior of Hide and me. He was the one who led to Hide almost being killed luckily Kaneki was able to activate his Kagune in time and strike a fatal blow on him thereby saving Hide.

 

Initially, I thought of leaving the place but then a thought struck my mind and I decided to follow him to his home. It took him around 5 mins and he exited the store with a bag of coffee powder.

 

I followed him by travelling from rooftop to rooftop to make sure that he doesn’t catch my smell. Soon enough I saw him entering an apartment and saw him ringing one of the doorbells and soon enough a beautiful woman who had an innocent face having short brown hair opens the door to welcome him and they both go inside.

 

I noted down his address at the back of my head and returned home, I didn’t felt like smoking nor drinking so kept the beer can in the fridge and went to sleep.

 

The next morning I received a parcel containing a black mask, I wasn’t disappointed with the product Uta made and was kind of excited about using it tonight.

55