Chapter 22
905 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nanami soon came to the abandoned warehouse where I was and informed me about how Nishiki reacted and that she had stuck the letter on the door handle. I told her to go back home cause her job was done for now.

Nishino woke up few mins after that and started struggling to untie the ropes while trying to shout, I just saw her struggling for a few mins while being seated near a window. She soon surrendered herself to her misery and became silent, leaving only the moisture of her blindfold and the few regular sniffles to tell me that she was still conscious.

She soon fell asleep and evening came. A few messages and calls came from Nishiki during the afternoon but later they died, I guess he became busy in his classes again. When it was around 5 in the evening the calls keep on coming from Nishiki non-stop which also led to Nishino who was asleep to wake up and start struggling again.

 

I believe by this time he should be returning home. After around 30 mins the phone again started ringing, this time it didn’t stop just after 2-3 tries but kept ongoing. Looks like he read the letter just now, I noticed the time it was around 5:45. It should take around an hour to reach this place. I lazed around for another 30 mins in the corner and then got up to make pre meetup preparations.

I walked towards Nishino who was lying on the ground fully restrained while having a blindfold cover her eye. She suddenly jolted noticing that there was someone here apart from her. I just stood next to her while waiting for Nishiki to come. I deliberately didn’t put the phone on silent to make it easier for him.

 

Soon enough Nishiki entered, after noticing Nishino lying on the ground restrained and her blindfold wet from her tears his eyes shifted to me, a man standing beside her wearing a black trench coat and wearing a full face white mask with a red claw mark across it and small slits for eyes.

 

Without asking me any questions he jumped towards me while taking out his Kagune, Unfortunately before he could do so, One of my Kagune which I had already released and hid in the dark corners of the room swished through his stomach from his back making him fall on the ground. I ordered this knife to cut off his Kagune which was released from his lower back while taking out the other knife from my pocket.

 

I ordered it and soon enough it stabbed all the limbs of Nishiki a few times, as a result, he was barely able to move.

 

“How rude, I was expecting a hello and you greeted me with an attack instead Nishiki Kun.” I said to him in a teasing manner.

 

After hearing the name of Nishiki, Nishino started moving her body as a form of vain struggle to free herself.

 

“LEAVE HER YOU BASTARD!!. I’ll KILL YOU IF SHE SUFFERERS FROM EVEN A SCRATCH!!” Nishio shouted while coughing blood on the ground.

 

“Too bad for you, Seeing your rude behaviour I take it as my obligation to discipline you, child.”

 

I kneeled down on one knee and slowly reached for Nishino hair, I grabbed it and lifted her face filled with tears (probably because of hearing Nishiki’s painful moans) such that the face is clearly visible to Nishiki. 

 

I could see him glaring daggers at me and grinding his teeth, he tried standing up but I again ordered one of the knives to stab his supporting arm which he was using to stand up. He could only grit his teeth and lay down on the ground while glaring at me when I began my monologue.

“Kimi Nishino, girlfriend of a ghoul who goes by the name of Nishio Nishiki, she apparently knows that her boyfriend is a ghoul and even let him take a bite of her. How Romantice, but unfortunately this world doesn’t care about the love of two insignificant beings. According to the law, she is charged with sheltering a ghoul and hence is deserving of a life worse than death in the prison cells.”

I paused and then thought out loud wanting Nishiki to hear it.

“What’s so special about this human that a ghoul after getting stabbed so much by my knives still wants to save her. Let me see for myself” 

 

I grabbed Nishino’s chin with my other hand while the other one still grabbing her hair and pretended to observe her.

 

“Well she looks fine I would say, attractive to the normal eye but one can find such beauty among ghouls aswell. Is it that she tastes different….”

 

“DON”T YOU DARE YOU MOTHER FUCKER, I WILL KILL YOUR WHOLE FAMILY IF YOU HARM HER!!”

 

Before I even finish talking Nishiki shouted a few vulgarities towards me and my family.

 

“I’ll be waiting then,” I said to him and slid the shoulder region of Nishino’s top to the side making her collarbone visible to Nishiki.

 

I partially tilted my mask up so that my mouth was visible and took a small bite of her right trapezius muscles, I could see her trying to shout her lungs out because of the pain but couldn’t because of the tape. While doing all this I didn’t forget to look right into Nishiki’s eyes.

 

“Tastes good, not totally a waste of a girlfriend,” I said in a cheeky voice.

 

I could see his face covered in fury but all his futile attempts to stand up were being rendered useless by my knives. It was only a few seconds later when he regained his calmness that he asked.

 

“What do you want?” 

 

I released Nishino and she fell back on the ground as a small stream of blood covered the back of her top and was slowly spreading.

 

“Wise choice, imagine how easier it would have been if you had just asked that before attacking me at the start.” I teased him a bit and then continued.

 

“Hideyoshi Nagachika, You know him?”

 

It took a while for him to make sense of what I asked and he nodded and said.

 

“Y-yes, he’s...one of my juniors in..university *cough*...What do you...want me to do?”

 

“Your job is to ensure his safety at all times, under no circumstances should he be put in danger and get harmed as a result of it and if he does, then consider it an end to your happy romantic life with your girlfriend.” I paused a bit and continued.

 

“Don’t think of escaping with her because you should be self-aware that you don’t have the ability to escape from me. If you still try escaping then I’ll make sure to make the life of your partner a living hell such that she’ll plead for death when I get my hands on you two.” I said while meeting Nishiki’s eyes.

 

I could see Nishiki gulping while staring at me. Well, looks like I look quite imposing at the moment I inwardly said to myself.

 

“Am I clear?” I said loudly to solidify my stance and to remind him that he doesn’t have any other choice.

 

“Yes, I’ll protect Hide with my life, so please, leave Nishino, she has nothing to do with this,” Nishiki said in a defeated voice that was filled with pleadings.

 

I grabbed Nishino who was now lying in a fetal position on the ground by her hand and threw her towards Nishiki, who dunno from where got the energy to stand up and then he caught her.

 

While he was busy removing her blindfold and ropes I ordered back my knives, grabbed them in my hands and exited the warehouse.

 

While leaving the warehouse I didn’t forget to warn Nishiki again,

 

“Don’t forget, if anything happens to Hideyoshi Nagachika your girlfriend would be the first one to die followed by you.”

 

After warning him I left for home while making sure no one was following me.

36