Chapter 23
865 1 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soon enough I reached home, opening the door I saw Nanami looking at me with a look filled with questions. I looked at her and said, “It all went according to the plan, now they would be working for me.” Hearing what I said Nanami nodded and I went to the washroom to freshen myself up.

 

I had already told Nanami about my plan, which was to blackmail Nishiki into working for me by using his girlfriend as his weakness. Of course, I didn’t tell her anything about using Nishiki to guard Hide. I was washing my face in the bathroom sink while wondering about the things that I did today.

 

 Well, I might have been a bit heavy-handed but it was necessary to build fear in him so that he doesn’t think of betraying me in the future and to be honest I kind of enjoyed it. Maybe I’m somewhat of a sadist myself. Leaving that aside, I could finally go on and focus more on other things with a little more assurance now that Nishiki will help me in keeping Hide safe.

 

It has been bugging me for quite some time, that the changes that I’ve already caused in the original plot and will cause in the future due to my actions and would lead to several other random things which would be totally different from how it went in the original. 

 

The more different actions I take the more quickly this world would sway away from the original storyline. I don’t want Hide to get caught in some accidents cause of it. One may argue that I’ve only met him once since I took over this body and I have no reason to do so much for him but I kind of sympathize with him in the anime. He did so much for the good of Kaneki, I’ll make sure that he’ll live a good and happy life this time.

 

It was  10:33 PM and currently Hide most likely is still awake, so after wiping my face I grabbed my phone that was placed on the study table and sat on my bed while dialling Hide’s number. After two rings Hide picked up.

 

“Yo Kaneki, ready to come back?”

 

“Yes, I called you to tell you that, I’ll start attending university from tomorrow onwards Hide.”

 

“How did the matter go?” Hide, asked after a few seconds of pause.

 

“It went better than I expected, thanks for your understanding man,” I said.

 

“Stop treating me like a stranger now that we haven’t met each other for a while, you still need to tell me what made you took this long absence.” Hide rebuked when he heard my words.

 

“Will it be fine if I do it when I’m ready? I don’t think I’ll be able to tell you the truth right now.” I asked Hide while feeling a tinge of guilt in my heart.

 

Hide was silent for a while and then said,” As long as you tell me the truth one day, I don’t mind.” Hide then changed the topic, “Besides that, I missed you a lot!!. Do you have any idea how lonely it was for me during these days, If you haven’t called me in a few days then I don’t think I would have survived this week.” Hide says in a child-like whiny voice.

 

*Chuckles*

 

It was hard for me to suppress myself and I chuckled as a result of it, “Aight, Hide I’ll meet you tomorrow, good night man.” I said and went to sleep soon afterwards

 

“Good night Kaneki”, Hide says then glances at his phone as I end the call. He observes my name and mutters to himself.

 

“Well, he should be fine if he could still chuckle at my jokes like that.”

34