Chapter 32
952 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“A human…” Eto murmured as she got lost in her thoughts. 

 

“Try using your Kakugan” I told Eto.

 

Eto followed what I said and tried activating her Kakugan aswell but to no avail.

 

“We can’t be too sure yet….maybe it’s because your body has used all its energy in recovering and thereby leading to your current state. I’ll be back in a few minutes.” I went out of the house I was currently in with Eto. While Eto was unconscious I checked the area around it, this was an abandoned house that was quite close to the place where I was attacked by her.

After dealing with an unfortunate ghoul I soon came back with its body. I passed the sliced arm of the ghoul to Eto “Try eating it.” Eto took the arm and ate it without any problem.

 

“Do you feel like you’re recovering a bit?” I asked cause it was normal to feel the blood pumping whenever the flesh enters my system indicating to me that the recovery of energy has started.

 

Eto nodded. “Ok now try using your Kakugan again.” I told her and she followed.

 

Her right eye soon transformed into that of a ghoul. I took a breath of relief seeing that. She’s still a ghoul. “Your Kakugan works fine, means you’re still a ghoul, try using your Kagune now” as I finished saying that Eto attempted to release her Kagune but it was again met with failure…

 

“Did my Kakuhou not restore? If it did then I should be able to call out my Kagune but since I’m not able to..doesn’t that means that I don’t have a Kakhou…” Eto thought out loud…

 

Hearing her words also made me think about why this was happening...I’ve tried removing the Kakuhou’s of some of the ghoul’s who were my targets but as soon as I removed them they all died...but in the case of Eto she didn’t..the only difference between them is that she is a half-ghoul just like me...wait a minute..if planting a Kakuhou in a human has a chance of making them a half ghoul...then removing the Kakuhou from a ghoul should also have a chance of turning them into a human…

 

Then that would mean...that the ghouls turned human in that way would be able to eat normal human food which is quite weird to me...how come just the removal of Kakuhou enables them to eat human food...but in the original plot Kaneki’s diet also changed completely after a Kakuhou entered his system.

 

Her being a half-ghoul helped her in surviving this and then she became a….half-human...yeah calling her that for the moment would make sense. I looked at Eto’s arm where I made a cut a few minutes back. It was nowhere to be found now after she consumed the ghoul’s flesh.

 

While I was on that string of thought, I also remembered that aren’t there some ghouls who have more than one Kakuhou because of indulging in cannibalism. Kaneki himself had more than 3 in the original plot..so this problem of Eto should be solved if she indulges herself into eating ghouls once again.

 

“You don’t need to worry much about this since you can activate your Kakugan it means that you’re still a ghoul and you’re most likely unable to activate your Kagune because your Kakuhou might still be recovering. So you should be fine if you keep on providing nourishment to your body by devouring ghouls because they are rich in RC cells.” I said to Eto in a calm voice.

 

Eto clung to my right arm and pressed herself towards my body and while moving her head to the front she turned it back such that her face was now facing mine and while giving me a knowing smile she said “Oh, that makes sense, darling sure knows my body well.”

 

Seeing how cheeky she was becoming I bend down to meet her face and locked my lips with hers. Eto was shocked and was staring at my face with her eyes widened as I removed my lips from her supple lips which still had traces of blood on them from her meal and said “It’s only natural for a husband to know his wife’s body properly. Let’s get going.” I said while grabbing her hand as we moved outside. 

 

It was still dark outside but that didn’t stop me from noticing the blush that was covering Eto’s face. She was following my lead like a docile sheep since the moment we left that building. “Since you’ve joined me then let me ask, do the other members of this Aogiri tree know your true identity?” I asked Eto.

 

“Except one, no one knows, but he won’t be divulging my identity to others even if it means death.” Eto said and then continued “From identities….darling what is your name?” Eto asked shyly still thinking about what happened between them earlier.

 

“Kaneki Ken, though I prefer you calling me darling as you do now. How about yours honey?” I said as I smiled towards her. Eto who was meeting my eye until now hid it away as soon as she heard the last part of my sentence.

 

“M-my name is Eto Yoshimura, I’m known as Sen Takatsuki among the humans...though I also prefer being called honey by darling.” Eto said meekly.

 

“So you’re that famous novelist?” I asked feigning ignorance.

 

Eto’s face brightened losing all her previous worries she said excitedly “Darling has read my works before? Which one is your favourite?”

“Ah, nope I only heard about you from my previous workplace..I’m not much into reading books you see.” I said.

 

“Is that so...I see” Eto’s voice was clearly disappointed as she said that… “Well, you have a lifetime left to make me feel interested in reading, try your best.” I said while patting her head which seemed to have cleared her earlier gloominess.

 

“Well since you’ve been missing from your organisation for so many days, they might be worried about you so we should leave this ward soon before we caught the eye of some search party but where should we go...taking you to my house will be a bit troubling because there’s no space left..” I thought out loud.

 

“How about going to my place?” Eto interrupted me while I was in my thoughts and seeing that she had my attention she continued “It’s not very far, I live near the Kamii University in the 20th ward.” Eto said 

 

“Sure, let’s go” I said thinking that it was the more convenient option for me.

29