Chapter 35
746 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I was staring at the news that was being shown on the television I thought to myself about what I should be doing next.

Since the start, my only aim was to live peacefully....but in this world without having power that is just a pipedream, therefore, I decided to become a ghoul.

When I started devouring ghouls in masses in the 11th ward to become stronger..the continuous devouring affected me a lot...maybe I was always like that or maybe it was because of the continuous devouring that my mind became unstable...

I started questioning my goal...my goal to become stronger..to live peacefully...in this world filled with characters of a story which I once read...it would be childish to live in such a world...it's not like I asked someone to enter this world...I was just thrown here with memories of my past life.

Spending time with Hide was the only time I felt a bit happy and satisfied...but later when I thought about it there was not much to talk about it...it was not a relationship which was started by me...I was only continuing the relationship formed by the original character.

The stronger I was becoming during the time of devouring the more indifferent and insensitive I was becoming.

If things had continued that way I might have become very powerful but wouldn't care a bit about this world...nor the people who I initially believed I cared about in this story. I would have just watched things from the sidelines.

That was where I should have ended up going but it all changed when I was captured by Eto.

Initially, I thought I was gonna die then instead of dying I woke up with a woman who should be considered an evil sadistic bitch as per the storyline...riding me.

Well the fact that she was doing that with the unconscious me still made me consider her evil and sadistic....which was later on replaced with just crazy when she called me her husband and then at my words even ended up almost killing herself...which was the first time I felt after entering this world that I truly cared about someone...the feeling of caring about someone from the bottom of the heart which I had long forgotten in my earlier life...it all came back to me as a rush of memories during the time I was waiting for Eto to regain her consciousness.

There was never a romantic relationship between Kaneki and Eto in the original story so it felt real...a relationship that was created not following the plotline...maybe that's the reason why I felt so happy seeing her wake up in my arms this morning.

This world was real for Eto so I might as well consider it real for me...thinking over this stuff more and more will only make me indecisive.

That's what I concluded and it will remain that way from now on.

With Eto on my side right now, it doesn't look like the information about Anteiku being a cafe run by ghouls would reach the ears of CCG...if she tries to do that I believe that she would definitely tell me before doing that. I don't want the situation in the 20th ward to turn chaotic so can't have that happening. As to whether the news about Anteiku would be leaked by someone else...I have no clue. But I believe that the 20th ward would be peaceful for a longer period of time.

"I wonder how Hide and Nanami are doing." I said to myself in order to change my string of thoughts.

"Who's Hide, Who's Nanami?" said a voice from my back. I turned my head back and saw Eto just entering the living area.

"Shouldn't you be resting Eto? Why are you moving around?" I asked seeing her. 

"It's so boring to just lay there...so I might as well spend time here with you." Eto said as she sat down beside me on the couch. "So who's Hide and Nanami?" Eto asked again.

14