Chapter 5: A New Opportunity
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The classes for my third day are over, and I haven't stumbled upon Rina today. Could she be absent? Perhaps, It was that I didn't notice her. Well, whichever one it is, I still need to go to my part-time.

The three of us might be working at the same place, but our shifts are different. It makes sense since our class schedules also differ. For today I'm the first one to work. I wonder what kind of people the staff is? I hope they're not the type to get angered easily. Otherwise, I would've already quit.

Well, I'm already here. Hello, first day at work. I went inside, and the entire place was packed! It wasn't like this yesterday. Suddenly, the manager approached me.

"Oh, thank goodness you're here, Inoue-san. Go to the back and get dressed, quickly."

"I'm sorry, I still don't know my way around here."

"I forgot, I didn't show you around yesterday. Okay, follow me."

He led me to the staff room, which was right next to his office. He gave me the restaurant's uniform, and I immediately wore them. This uniform isn't my size, but I guess I can't be picky while everyone around me is getting stressed.

"Great, now, you go outside and take the customer's orders. You know what a waiter does, right?"

"Yes, I'm aware of what I need to do."

"Go out there and serve some customers then."

Okay, so all I need to do is get customer's orders, write them off on a piece of paper, then give them to the chef, and bring their orders. My problem is, there are a lot of customers!

"Excuse me! We're ready to order!"

"Can we get our bill?"

"Can I get a glass of water?"

"Over here!"

Argh! There are too many of them! my head's going to explode. There were too many customers that I ran out of paper to write their orders. Since I didn't know where they keep them, I memorized them and told them off to the chef.

After a few hours of going back and forth, the horde of customers finally stopped coming. Ah, what a relief. I can finally take a short break now. Come to think of it. I never saw other waiters aside from me. Was it the manager taking the orders before I came here? I'll ask him that later I'll take a rest in the staff room for now.

"Uhm, excuse me, are you awake."

A gentle feminine voice spoke out to me.

"Oh, u-uh, sorry, I must have dozed off. Is there something you need?"

"Yeah, that's my bag you're sleeping on." She said embarrassedly.

I quickly got off her bag and prostrated.

"Forgive me. I didn't realize there was a bag there."

"Eh, it's fine. Please raise your head."

I was too tired a while ago that I didn't care what was around me. How long did that girl wait for me to wake up?

I raised my head in response to what she said. When I looked up, I immediately saw her long charcoal black hair and her blue ocean eyes. Wait, the uniform she's wearing, perhaps she could be a high school student?

"Oh, I'm sorry for the late introduction. I'm Chiba Ayano. I'm a part-time cook."

"Pleasure to meet you, Chiba-san. I'm Inoue Kota, a part-time waiter, and again I'm sorry for sleeping on your bag."

Suddenly, Chiaki and Daichi came into the staff room.

"Yo, Kota-- Wait, don't tell me you're hitting on a high schooler?!" Daichi exclaimed.

"Of course, I'm not!"

"Even if he did, he'd probably get rejected anyway," Chiaki uttered.

"Oi! quit it, you two."

Then I heard Chiba-san giggle. That's one way of getting the awkward atmosphere away.

Since those two are already here, then my shift is already over. Lucky bastards, they get to work together on the first day while I had to suffer all alone. Oh, well, I can't do anything about it now. I'll head home and rest my back. It also seems that Chiba-san is going home as well.

As Chiba-san and I got out of the restaurant, I asked her which neighborhood she stays. Her response was not at all what I had expected. We both live in the same district. Tokyo is a big city. What are the odds of us living close to each other? I mean, probably because I'm a protagonist, right? Well, jokes aside, I was still surprised.

We walked home together, but it was kind of awkward. We never spoke to each other during that time. I don't even know why I'm getting embarrassed over a high school girl. As I got to my apartment, we went separate ways.

That was one of my most weird experiences since coming to Tokyo, and It hasn't been a week yet. Is this how life in Tokyo goes? A lot of things happening all at once? Or is it just me?

Suddenly, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I got a text from Rina. She asked if I had some free time tomorrow for a chat. Hm, Could it be that she got her memory back? Wait, no, that's too much of a miracle. Perhaps, she wants to know what happened back then? Let me check my schedule for the afternoon.

Great I have some time to talk to her. I agreed to her meetup. Finally, I can speak with Rina properly without getting interrupted. Since it's somewhat a special occasion, what should I wear? I don't want it obvious that my fashion sense is that of a country boy, and compared to how she dresses, it's a huge difference.

I dug through my closet, testing out different pairs of clothes using the internet as a reference. Is this good enough? Maybe I could use this instead. Then I heard Chiaki's voice.

"We're home! Kota, are you there?"

"Yeah, give me a second."

*Bang*

I got out of my room.

"What was that noise?" Daichi asked.

"Oh, I just fixed some stuff back in my room."

"I see..." Daichi said with a smirk.

I'm pretty sure he just thought of something perverted. Oh, and it looks like Chiaki already got us something to eat. She said the manager gave it to them. Thinking of it, I didn't see that manager after my shift. I was planning on asking him about the workplace. I guess I'll ask him some other time.

 

[AT: Join my discord if you haven't yet https://discord.gg/FXqZFFUBx3 ]

 

 

0