Chapter 6: That Was Unexpected
43 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I couldn't sleep a wink last night. I kept thinking about the meeting between Rina and me. Now, thanks to that, I might end up sleeping in some of my classes.

Maybe after some breakfast, I might be able to shake some of my drowsiness off. I head over to the dining area.

"Oh, good mo... What happened to you?"

"Didn't get enough sleep."

"I don't know what happened, but take a seat. The food is almost ready."

After a few minutes, Daichi came into the dining area. As usual, Chiaki served breakfast. Right after, we went to get dressed. Oh, yeah, what clothes was I going to wear again? Was it this? Wait, I think it was this. After getting confused over what to wear, Chiaki called out to me.

"What's taking so long?"

"I'll be out there in a minute."

I got out of my room after rummaging through my wardrobe.

"Eh, What's with that outfit?"

"Is it bad?"

"Oh, it's not that. It's just weird seeing you dressed differently from usual. Are you meeting someone?"

"Yeah, I'll be meeting Rina later."

"Eh, is that so?" She muttered.

"Well, let's get going then."

As we headed out of our apartment, I thought of Chiba-san again. Hmm, I'm curious about where she lives. Yesterday, she just went straight down that block. Uwa, I sound like I'm some stalker. Let's stop that thought. For now, I'll focus on my meeting with Rina later this afternoon.

Before we got to the university, I went ahead to grab some coffee at a nearby cafe. I wouldn't risk sleeping in between my classes, most especially since I worked my ass off to get to this kind of university.

I went over to the cafe named "Hayashi Cafe." Woah, this place looks comfortable, and the smell of coffee was overpowering. Just as I entered, a man in the register greeted me. The man looked like he was in his late 40's or early 50's. Continuing on, I ordered and then went straight to my classes.

This coffee actually tastes great. And for the price, it seems reasonable enough. I'm not that much fond of coffee, but I would be fine drinking these once in a while. I'll tell the two later, especially since Daichi is a fan of coffee.

I went through all my classes without a problem. I never felt sleepy, thanks to that coffee earlier this morning. Now, I guess it's time to go to the meeting place. I already told those two that I'd be meeting with Rina when we were on our way here. So, I doubt they'll be looking for me.

If I'm not mistaken, Rina said we'd meet by the main entrance. Oh, there she is and as gorgeous as ever.

"Good afternoon, Kota-san."

"Same to you, Rina. Do you have a place in mind you want to go today?"

"Yes, I know this great restaurant."

Finally, the moment I've been waiting for, the moment I could have Rina all by myself. I'm curious to see where this restaurant she speaks of is.

As we went on our way to the restaurant, I saw a lot of familiar landmarks. Don't tell me...

After we turned around the block, there it was, "Yamato Traditional Japanese Restaurant." Okay, these coincidences are getting ridiculous. First was Chiba-san, now with Rina. Well, it's not like I can do anything about it.

I have a shift later, so I guess this saves me the time of walking. As we entered, there were a lot of people. Does this place always get filled in the afternoon? Cause it doesn't seem to be the case during night times.

Anyways, we searched for a place to sit, and luckily we found one. We took a seat and ordered. Come to think of it. I never tasted any of their food here. A new experience, I guess.

"Oh, yeah, I haven't properly introduced myself. I am Lina Schwarz."

I had no idea how to pronounce her last name, but I just nodded as if I did.

"I'm Inoue Kota. Since we're both here, is there something, in particular, you want to ask?"

"Yes, I want to know what happened six years ago."

"Like how we met?"

"That too."

Wait, what does she mean by that? So, her intention wasn't just to ask how we met? I thought this would be a happy reunion, but I guess now is not the time. Her statement puzzled me, "That too," what else is there to talk about? In fact, what is she even pertaining to?

"What exactly do you want to know six years ago?"

"Everything that happened."

Ehh...? I guess I'll have to explain to her everything then.

I tried to tell her everything I remember in detail.

"Hmm..." She said as she placed her fingers on her chin. What's she thinking about?

"I understand. How about you, Kota-san. Do you have anything you wanted to ask me about?"

"There is something I'm curious about."

"What is it?"

"It's about your amnesia... Oh, but you don't have to tell me if you're uncomfortable with that."

"Oh, so that's what you want to know. Don't worry, a lot of people asked me the same question. Three years ago, my parents and I lived in Germany. My father was German, and my mother was Japanese. But according to my Japanese grandparents, an incident occurred. They said my father killed my mother while I was present. And because of too much stress on my mind, I developed amnesia and collapsed. That was according to my grandparents. But it doesn't seem realistic to me. If my father killed my mother, why was I spared? It doesn't make sense to me. That's why I called you out here to ask what you saw six years ago."

"Rina, sorry."

"It's okay. I don't remember anything about my parents anyway, but I always feel a sense of emptiness whenever I think about them."

"Thank you for letting me know about your condition."

"Now, another question for you. Why did you go to Waseda?"

Eh?! Is she really asking me that now? Should I tell her that I was looking for her? I don't know what to do here. But if she has really had a boyfriend, do I even have the right to say?

"Uhm, I..."

"Thank you for waiting. Here's your order."

The waitress saved me. Thank you!

"Oh, thank you. Now, Kota-san, what were you going to say?"

Eh...?

[AT: Oh, this is catching up to the most recent chapter. Chapter 8. Well, anyways if you want to read the now head on to our discord https://discord.gg/FXqZFFUBx3 , but you could also wait it out in this site for a few days... Well, that's up to you.]

1