Chapter 7: Everything Is Finally Starting To Settle Down
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, what were you going to say, Kota-san?"

Eh, isn't this supposed to be a cliche scene where we get interrupted and change the topic? Is it even alright to tell her?

"Uh... Well."

"..."

Argh! I just should tell her. I don't care what happens after this anymore. I just hope that she doesn't have a boyfriend that will slug me.

"Actually... I came to this school because I was looking for you, Rina."

"Eh, me? Why?"

"I haven't actually told you everything that happened six years ago. I left out a part. Since you lost your memories and everything, I was afraid of what might happen."

"If you don't want to tell me, I won't force you. If it's something personal, then it's okay if you don't tell me."

"No, it's okay. I'll eventually end up telling you someday."

"Mmm..."

"Six years ago... On the day you left the village. You gave me a not before you ran off. It was in a language I couldn't understand, but I still have that note until now."

"If it was from me back then, then it must be in german. If it's fine with you, can I take a look at it sometime?"

"Oh, sure, no problem."

"Is that all you wanted to say? About the note I handed you?" She tilted her head.

"There was this other thing, but it's not of importance."

"I see..."

There's no way I'd tell her she kissed and told me that... Agh, no. She lost her memory. There's no way in the world that she'd believe that.

I also want to ask her if she has a boyfriend to confirm who the man was a few days ago, but it might come off like I'm hitting on her. Maybe I should just put that on hold for now.

And so, we continued our conversation leaving aside the past and just talking about school and all that stuff. After a while, it was finally time for us to go. As we got out of the restaurant, I accompanied Rina to the station, and we went our separate ways.

I couldn't ask her everything I wanted to, but at least I got some more information on her. At least there's progress, even if it's just one small step at a time. Now, it's also time for me to go to work.

I went into the staff room to get my uniform. As I went in, Chiba-san was also there. She greeted me with a smile. So, her shift is also at this time. This girl is really cheerful, isn't she? Those two have the same schedule again, don't they? I don't see any signs of them here.

As usual, I served customers throughout my entire shift, nothing special. Today wasn't that tiring since there weren't as many customers as before, but there were still no signs of other waiters. When Rina and I ate here a while ago, I saw at least three of them, but why aren't there any when it's my shift?!

Ah, finally, it's over, for now, at least. I'll take a rest by the staff room before I return to the apartment. I need to make sure I don't sleep on Chiba-san's bag this time. That was a humiliating experience, especially since I'm in college now, and I think I might have drooled on her bag a little. I don't want to repeat that mistake again.

Now, I can take a quick nap. I'm feeling drowsy today since I couldn't sleep properly last night. Everything finally started to calm down a bit. I got a chance to talk with Rina, and we have our part-time jobs. At least, even for a moment, I could rest without worrying about anything. My vision slowly turned dark.

"... Uhm, Inoue-san. Wake up."

"Ugh... Huh...?"

"It's closing time."

"Oh, sorry..."

Right after, I said I was never going to repeat the same mistake. I'm hopeless, aren't I? The worse part is it was Chiba-san who woke me up again. I might need to invest in an alarm clock next time.

"Inoue-san, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I just didn't sleep properly last night."

"Are you sure? Because you also slept yesterday."

"I just happened to be tired these past two days, but I'm fine now."

"I see..."

It seems like I'm the younger one between us. Why does it have to end up like this? Well, it was my fault in the first place.

I tidied my things, including myself, then went straight to the apartment. Of course, Chiba-san and I walked together. If someone saw us right now, I'm pretty sure they would call the police. I can't blame them if they did. But unlike last time, we talked a bit. Chiba-san said she was in her second year of high school.

As we got to our apartment, I said my farewell and headed to our place. When I entered, the Daichi was at the door, grinning at me.

"Have you replaced Rina?" Daichi asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"You and that high school girl have been walking home together since yesterday."

"Look, I just happened to walk with her. I didn't intend to."

"Ohoho is that so...?"

"I'm tired. Let me rest, will you?" I said with a sigh.

After dinner and a bath, I immediately headed to my room.

All that's left for me to worry about is the party next week. Maybe I should try to buy some better-styled clothing. I don't want to stand out from the crowd like a sore thumb. They would probably wear some expensive clothing when they go to the party. Rina's no exception. I need to learn more about how City folks act and clothe.

I never knew the city and countryside had so much diversity. But if I want to get closer to Rina, I think it's necessary that I learn how to act like a city person. Starting this Saturday, I'll get a new pair of clothing. I think I have enough spare cash to spend on some clothing.

Speaking of Rina, her story a while ago was a shock to me. I didn't expect anything like that at all. Wait, was her mother the one I met with black hair six years ago? And her dad was probably one of those blond men. If I recall correctly, there were at least three of them that were blond. So, her father could be either one of them. But why go so far as murder?

 

[AT: Another chapter has arrived. Now, I'll just leave my discord link here https://discord.gg/FXqZFFUBx3.]

0