Chapter 8: An Unexpected Detour
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days have passed, and it's now Saturday. And as I planned, I'm going off into the city for the first time to buy some proper clothing. Chiaki and Daichi couldn't come because they had their own errands to do, so I went off alone, or so I thought. But Chiba-san is with me. Seriously, how many times do I need to run into her?

Well, it all started when I went out of the apartment. I was checking the map on my phone because I still wasn't used to Tokyo. But even while I was looking at the map, I still couldn't find where I was supposed to go. I kept going around in circles. I was starting to get frustrated, but then I stumbled upon Chiba-san, wearing casual clothing. Is she also planning on going somewhere?

"Inoue-san, Good morning. What are you doing here?"

"Actually... I seem to be lost."

"Where are you heading to exactly?"

"I don't have an exact location in mind. I just wanted to shop for some clothes."

"Could it be that you're new to the city?"

"Yeah, I just moved in last week."

"Well, if that's the case, I wouldn't mind going along with you around the city."

"Eh, I couldn't possibly take up your time just for this."

"It's fine. I don't have anything to do today anyway."

"Then... if you're okay with it."

And so, that's how I ended up having her as my tour guide. I'm pathetic for relying on a high school girl for directions. I would've asked someone else, but I don't know who. I don't know anyone else in our school besides Rina. I called in earlier if she could help me out, but she was also busy. It's Saturday, why is everyone busy? Now, I'm out in the city looking suspicious.

We started off by going to the mall. I've never actually been to a mall before in my entire life. As a child, I've only seen them on television. I tried to hide my curiosity as we walked inside to avoid unwanted stares.

When I looked at Chiba-san, she looked excited. Perhaps, she also wanted to buy something? As I looked around, I was astounded by the variety of clothing stores. Uh, where should I buy my clothes? Maybe, I'll ask Chiba-san if she has any recommendations because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

Before I could even ask, she calls me over to one of the clothing stores. Maybe, she did want to buy some clothing. Well, I'm not in a rush, so I'll go along with her. And while I'm at it, I'll find something for myself too. If those two were here, there's no doubt they'd mock me.

We went from one store to another. Though we haven't bought anything yet, we were still searching. At one of the stores we visited, I noticed that Chiba-san kept looking at a white sundress worn by a mannequin. I guess she already found what she wanted to buy. Meanwhile, I couldn't even decide which one I'm going to take.

In the corner of my eye, something caught my attention. On the opposite side, I saw another store with the kind of clothes I wanted. I told Chiba-san to wait there for a moment, and I walked off to that store. As I got a closer look, I wanted to purchase it. It was perfect. I went by the cashier and bought it. Soon after, I returned to Chiba-san. She was waiting for me outside the store, but something was off. Her joyful expression was less compared to earlier.

"Did something happen?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing. By the way, did you get what you wanted?"

"Yeah, How about you? You were looking at that sundress a while ago. Don't you want it?"

"I do, but I haven't brought enough money. I'll just come back some other time."

"Hold my bag for a minute."

"Uh... Sure."

I walked over to the store with the sundress. And without a second thought, I bought the white sundress. Ah, no kidding, this dress is actually expensive, but at least it's not designer-brand expensive. As soon as I bought it, I immediately walked over to Chiba-san and gave her the bag.

"Eh? Inoue-san?"

"Take it. It's also my thanks for helping me navigate."

"But this is too much."

"It's also my apology for sleeping on your bag a couple of days ago."

"Then... I'll take it. Thank you, Inoue-san. I'll repay your kindness someday."

Suddenly, my phone gave a notification. Chiaki sent a text. She won't be able to make it back early. We should have dinner somewhere else, she said. Where did she even go? What is she doing? I'm too lazy to cook something, and even if I did cook something, it would taste horrible. I've got no choice but to eat outside.

Maybe I should Invite Chiba-san? Wait, no, no, no, it can lead to misunderstandings. But I'm at a loss here. I don't know where I should go. Do I really need to rely on Chiba-san again?

"Uhm... Chiba-san, before we head back home, do you want to have dinner?"

Argh, It sounded like I was hitting on her!

"Oh... Yeah, sure."

She actually agreed.

"I'm not really familiar with the place yet. Do you have any recommendations?"

"There's a place I know."

As the clueless person I am, I followed her. I followed her to the restaurant. When we got there, there was a huge sign by the entrance, "Seven Spices Restaurant." Guessing by the name of this place, I think they serve food that includes spices, curry, or something like that. We took a seat and then ordered. I went and ordered the curry.

After we finished eating dinner, we headed back home. Well, that's an experience I'll never forget. Maybe next time I'll have a chance to have a date with Rina too... Wait, a date?! Can you consider my time with Chiba-san a date? But I actually enjoyed it. Spending time with Chiba-san, that is... I just hope those two don't find out about this.

 

[AT: Chapter 8 is upon us, the latest chapter as of now is chapter 9. With that in mind why not try joining our discord? https://discord.gg/FXqZFFUBx3]

0