Chapter 15: Prepared For The Worst
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A date?! What's this all of a sudden? Is this a prank of hers? And why now of all days? Argh, the questions in my head keep piling up. But I'll have to put up with this game of hers for a bit. Who knows? I might get an answer to resolve my frustrations like I initially thought.

"Is this a joke?" I asked.

"No, it's not a joke. I'm serious."

"Then let me ask you this. Why do you want to have a date with me?"

After my question, her expression shifted. I could tell she was serious.

"Well... It's about the commotion yesterday between you and Ren. Actually, I heard your conversation from the start. Even the part when Ren said he was glad that I lost my memories. Honestly, I couldn't believe it. I stood frozen behind the door listening to your conversation."

I was shocked to hear it. I didn't expect Rina to listen to our argument.

"If you heard the whole thing, then where's Hayashi-san? What happened to him?"

"I broke up with him just after you left yesterday."

Once more, I was surprised by her unexpected revelation.

"You actually broke up with him?"

"Yes... I didn't expect things to turn out that way."

Just from the tone of her voice, I could tell that she was in agony. Maybe she really did love Hayashi-san, but I can't let them go back together. I'll never forgive that bastard for doing this to Rina.

Then I started to realize my frustration was no longer there, only a bitter feeling towards Hayashi-san. Was it because Rina told me that they broke up? As long as it's resolved, I don't want to end up overthinking things again. For now, I'll go on with this date with Rina. Now, it's my turn to return the favor. I'll make her forget all about Hayashi-san!

"I'll go with you."

"Eh?"

"The date. I'll go on a date with you."

Her saddened mood brightened up. Ah, that's much better.

"Mhmm..."

"Give me a minute to get ready then. For the meantime, please come in."

As I let her inside, I went ahead to my room to get changed. Oh, and of course I mustn't forget my pocket money. Maybe I'll get some extra cash. Now, should I wear this shirt or the other? I think I'll go with this white one. After a couple of minutes of deciding what I should wear, I finally got out of my room.

"Shall we go now?"

"Let's go!" Rina said with enthusiasm.

That smile of her is just too cute.

We both got out of the apartment, but we didn't know where we should go. I think it would've been wise if we discussed this before we headed out. Oh, well, it's already too late. Speaking of a place to go, I haven't had breakfast yet.

"Rina, how about we go to some restaurant. My stomach's starting to grumble. I haven't eaten breakfast yet."

"I also haven't eaten, so let's go!"

I'm glad to see that she's thrilled about it. Or Is she just putting on a face so I wouldn't get worried? I doubt that a two-year relationship breakup is that easy to get over.

After we sat at a restaurant we happened to find, we placed our order. We sat by the balcony of the restaurant so we could get some fresh air. And also because open areas tend to make a person feel more relaxed compared to an enclosed space. In this setting, maybe I could ask Rina about the details of their relationship without being too forceful about it.

"Oh, this place is close to the mall. Maybe, we could even go shopping after."

"Did you want to buy something?"

"It's been a while since I bought new pairs of clothes. I thought it would be interesting to look for new ones."

"We don't really have anything planned after this, so why not?"

"Mhmm..."

I can't take this anymore. Rina's too adorable! But aside from that, something is bothering me. She never acted like this when we first met up. She was more reserved at that time. Was it because it was our first time meeting? Even so, this is just our second official meeting. Is she actually forcing herself to smile? I really want to ask her what happened.

"Uhm, Rina, if it's okay with you. Can you tell me the details on what happened yesterday after I left?"

Again, her expression changed.

"Uh..."

"If it bothers you, then there's no need to tell me."

"No, it's okay. I'll tell you the entire thing. Keeping it a secret won't do anything anyway."

"Mhmm..."

"After you left, I asked Ren if all that you said was true. Of course, I already know the truth, but I wanted to confirm it with him. But not once... not once did he tell the truth. He kept insisting that you were making it all up. At that moment, my image of him crumbled. Also, at that time, I told him that we were breaking up. I walked away and left him there." Rina said as tears were starting to roll from her eyes.

That bastard! I swear I'll make him pay for this!

"Rina..."

"During those two years that I've dated him. I really loved him. He was nice to me and often gave me presents. That's why I didn't know how I should act after all that happened yesterday. But even after all that, my phone is full of missed calls from him. He even came to my house earlier this morning. I never want to see him again. That's why I asked one of your friends where you lived."

"So, you called me on a date to avoid Hayashi-san?"

"Yes... I'm sorry!"

"It's okay. If I were in your place, I would've probably done the same thing."

So, all this time, she just wanted somewhere to escape Hayashi-san. It makes my blood boil even more. If I see him again, I will give him more than one punch.

"Thanks... Kota."

Ko-Kota...? She dropped the honorific.

I'll make sure this date will be a success! I'll make her forget about that pile of junk Hayashi-san. That will be my main goal for today's date. But since she mentioned that Hayashi-san was looking for her, we'd inevitably stumble across him. If that happens, I'll give him the beating of his life!

[AT: Ah, I actually finished this chapter today! I was getting busy, so I wasn't able to keep up with frequent updates. Sorry for that. And you have any concerns about this or questions you can go to my discord and ask me directly https://discord.gg/7E75M6CfkJ. Thanks  for reading!]

0