Chapter 16: You Had To Show Up
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I did mention that I'll do whatever it takes to make this date a success, but there's a problem. I don't know anything about dating, not even the basics of it! Even if I take into account the date with Ayano-san, this is just my second date. Argh, I'm starting to overcomplicate things again. I'll set aside that issue for now. For now, I'll go along with Rina.

After we ate, we immediately headed to the nearby mall. Maybe I'll look for some new clothes too, something that will fit the fashion style of everyone around me. Good thing I've brought a lot of cash with me today.

When we entered the mall, Rina excitedly went to one of the clothing stores. She must really like shopping, huh? She picked out some clothes from the selection. Then dragged me to the entrance of the dressing room.

"I'll test these clothes out and tell me what you think."

"Eh, wait!"

"Hmm? Is there a problem?"

"Uh, no, but it's kind of embarrassing."

"We're childhood friends, right? Then there's nothing to be shy about."

"Huh? I thought you didn't remember."

"I don't, but interacting with you like this feels normal. Maybe, my feelings towards you stayed."

"Feelings?!"

"Hm...?"

"Oh, nothing, go on."

"Sure thing, I'll tell you when I'm ready."

Feelings? Her Feelings stayed? If that's the case, then does that mean she likes me? Wait, no, I must not jump to conclusions. I first need to verify it with concrete evidence. I need to observe her first before I make any decisive moves.

"Kota, what do you think of this?"

"..."

She's pretty!

"Kota?"

"Oh, it looks good on you."

"That's a pretty vague answer..."

She closed the curtains and started to try out another pair.

"Between this and the other one, which do you like better?"

"They both look nice."

"Uh, Kota, you're pretty bad at this, aren't you?"

"Sorry, I'm not good with these kinds of stuff."

"It's fine, but you still need to choose. Which one is better?"

Do I really have to? I guess I have no choice.

"I think that one suits you better. It emphasizes your body shape."

"Now that's more like it. But I didn't know that's what you were looking at." Rina said as she smirked.

Ah, I ended up getting teased, but it's not as if I didn't like it. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a masochist or anything like that. It just feels nice being casual with each other and having a bit of fun. At this rate, I might come to like her more than I initially did.

We continued on from one store to another. Rina also kept testing out a lot of outfits while she kept asking for my opinion. It was exhausting, but It was fun. We finally visited every store Rina wanted to visit.

"Ah, I finally got to buy some new clothes. What about you, Kota? Aren't you going to buy anything?"

"Well, I did plan to buy something..."

"Then what are you waiting for? Let's go."

"Are you sure? Don't you want to take a break first?"

"I'm fine."

"Before that, do you have any recommendations? On which shop sells some good clothing for men?"

"Uhm... Oh, there's this store on the second floor."

Thank goodness Rina's here. Otherwise, I would get lost. We arrived at the store, and it wasn't like most of the other stores in the mall. The place was huge and had a diverse selection of clothing. I couldn't choose which one I should buy. All of them look good to me. I was about to ask Rina, but it seems she already knew that I'd be needing her help.

"You don't know which one to choose, do you?"

"As much as I hate to admit it, I don't."

"Since you helped me out in my shopping, I'll help you out too."

"Thanks!"

With Rina's help, I was able to get my hands on some new pair of clothes. But it wasn't without its troubles. A while ago, she wanted me to try out a stack of clothes. It was almost as if I was a dress-up doll. But at least it's all over now.

"Do you want to head straight back home, or should we eat dinner first?" I asked.

"I'm starting to get hungry, so let's go have some dinner."

"Is there a place you want to eat at?"

"Nothing in particular."

"There's this one place I know. I think it was Seven Spices Restaurant."

"Anywhere is fine."

It was the only food place I could recall aside from my workplace. It was also where I had dinner with Ayano-san. I guess that date with Ayano-san did have its benefits.

We took a seat with our bulky shopping bags in tow. We ended up buying a lot of clothes, and here I thought the trip to the mall was going to be a short one.

After we finished eating dinner, we grabbed our things and started to walk home. Ah, I never thought that I would get to spend some time like this with Rina. Oh, yeah, I forgot to show her the note. I was too frustrated this morning that I forgot about it. Maybe I'll show it to her on our next date, perhaps.

"Kota, thanks for going out with me today."

"I should be the one thanking you."

"Even though I just used the date as an excuse to get away from Ren, I really enjoyed it!"

"Mhmm... Me too."

"Let's go on a date sometime again."

"Sure. Now, where was your house again?"

"It's just right around the corner."

As we turned the corner, Rina's house was in view. And someone was standing at the gate. I peered to see who it was, and lo and behold, the antagonist of the story has arrived. Hayashi-san was standing by the entrance, waiting for Rina.

"Ren? What are you doing here?!" Rina cried.

"I came here to apologize to you, and why is Inoue-san with you?!"

"That is none of your business! We broke up! Leave me alone!"

The exchange of conversation between these two makes me want to beat the hell out of Hayashi-san.

"Oi! Are you going to get out of here? Or are you looking forward to getting another punch in the face?"

"What if I am?"

As I approached Hayashi-san, I heard something fall to the ground. It was Rina's clothes! She ran away!

"Now, look what you did, you bastard!" I said in anger.

It was no time to be arguing with Hayashi-san, so I ran and chased Rina.

[AT: Chapter 16 is now here. What do you think will happen next chapter? And while you're thinking about it, join my discord! https://discord.gg/7E75M6CfkJ.]

0