Chapter 8: Oh..
51 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wrath was mad to the core but still tried to calm down. He thought if he got down over this small matter it would be Zeff's win. He destroyed the Baratie restaurant and that's to it all, although he did not see this coming at all. 

He tried to let this thought go however he could not at all. He was flying at a high speed with no direct direction in mind. He completely forgot about his surroundings and just kept flying straight.

'Ahh, well it is what it is..'

Wrath finally cleared it from his mind, this was the first time he was feeling this. Even though he was not a brainless predator as a sea king he did not have this type of emotions. It was all new to him, respect, amazed, complex anger. 

'Anyways where am I'

After he calmed down and started coming to his senses he looked around and saw he was lost. So far he was navigating himself with the map in hand however now he did not know where he was right now. 

He saw a land from far and started to get closer to it to identify his location. This small island was full of mountains and the ground looked like a desert even though it was not. He landed near one of these huge mountains and started looking around for any inhabitants. He could not see anyone nearby so he started strolling around the mountain.

There was no one around at all but he saw a hole in the huge mountain. The hole was large and to the point it was larger than Wrath who was 10 foot. He started walking toward it and saw it was leading to a long narrow path. 

He thought maybe the humans on this island lived somewhere in this hole. So he went in it and started walking in this straight path. 

He walked for a very long time with no result, it was pitch black you could not see anything. However finally he got to the edge of the path and saw it was very bright compared to the path leading here.

There were torches everywhere you look in this cave, there was nobody present. Wrath searched in this cave for a sign of life but could not find any. 

He saw another hole which at this time was shaped like a door and started walking towards it. 

*Woosh*

The moment he got near it a sharp arrow was shot from his left side. It made a small cut on his left cheek and blood could be seen falling. He was very surprised and did not expect this sudden attack at all. 

He jumped back and checked to see who attacked him but there was no one there. Then another arrow was shot but surprisingly it was not coming from in front of him but back. It was the opposite side of where he got attacked before and this time it pierced through his waist.

"Ahhh"

'What a destructive power these arrows have, and why is it coming from both sides, are there two people.' He looked behind and could not see anyone either. Wrath jumped to the side this time and was careful of any other attackers.

"Sssssss"

Suddenly something grabbed his legs and he could not move at all. He looked down and saw a bunch of sturdy snakes on his legs. He tried breaking free but they were just too strong; it was like they weighed a ton. 

Two arrows suddenly shot from each side of the wall. Wrath finally figured out where the arrows were coming from, nobody was shooting them, it was automatically shooting from the walls of this cave. 

'But how can they aim so well without anyone shooting it?'' He was perplexed by that but his priority was to survive from this unexpected event. He dodged each arrow seeing them coming towards him, unlike last time he could see it so there was no problem.

After struggling for a very long time he finally freed his legs from the weird looking snakes. He then dashed toward the wall shooting arrows and punched it with everything he had. And then went to the next one and did the same, after getting rid of the annoying obstacle he sighed in relief.

However he looked messed up, he was covered with blood in his whole left side. The arrows dealt a great amount of damage to him internally even though it just scratched his face. But he also got shot in his waist and that was worse than the huge amount of blood on his face. 

He held it firmly and tried to stop the continuous blood out of it. 

Wrath looked around and saw his blood was floating in the place he was standing when he got shot in the waist. He looked at it carefully and saw it was a soft string that nobody could notice, it looked invisible to the eye. He would not have seen it without the blood of his that's on top of it.

'Is it because I stepped on this string the arrow aimed, so how it knew where to shoot. This place feels like it's full of traps.'

He stared at the door in front of him, it was because he got near it that these traps activated. He thought there might be a precious thing in this place in order for it to be so well guarded. 

His curiosity won over him and he started walking toward this door like last time there was another path. Of course unlike last time he was very careful, he used his own blood to check if there were any strings in this path. Slowly walking and ready to avoid any traps left in this place.

*Siiish*

A sharp long steel rod came out of the wall at fast speed. Wrath smiled seeing how that these mechanisms don't have any brain controlling it. He kept throwing small blood in front of him to check if there was another trap and it worked 

'Haha, this is easy, I should be near the ex-' 

'What??'

Unexpectedly two steel rods came from both sides, and he did not see it coming. Unlike before they were not coming out of the lower parts but at Wrath's upper body.

'I let my guard down!! I need to block it.' 

He could not go fast enough to dodge it so his only split thoughts were to block it. He put his hands up to the side with the intention of blocking it of course they would be pierced knowing how sharp the rods are but it was better then getting pierced in the kidneys or above he thought.

'Block block'

He closed his eyes with his only thoughts been blocking it. 

*Daaah*

He felt no pain and started to open his eyes wondering what happened. Both of the rods missed….it was like they were misdirected.

He could feel this strong wind surrounding him like a shield, spinning the opposite side from him. It looked like it was protecting him. These strong winds misdirected the attack from the rods to the sides.

Wrath seeing this immediately knew what was going on, he had suspicious he could do more than use Current cutter. But now he was for sure this devil fruit came with the ability to control the wind. 

'Hahahaha, I have been so lucky lately…. I am going to need to check out what other stuff I can do with this wind manipulation.' He thought and kept moving to the exit casually, feeling safe with this new ability.

All of the rods were getting misdirected, not one could even get close to Wrath. He was feeling really great now, he was thinking of the many possibilities he could do with this ability. 

It was like whatever he had in mind the wind shaped it to his advantage. For example when he just thought of blocking that rods and it made this that did the blocking. 

After a while of walking he finally got to the edge of this path. It was even brighter than the cave before it. 

'Ah finally here, this should be the end of it' 

He opened his eyes which were blinded by the brightness in this room and his face fell to shock. 

This room was full, that was not the surprising thing it was full of gold and jewels. This was the first time Wrath has ever seen something like this, the whole room was sparkling with treasures.

'Wow…this scenery is truly beautiful.' He thought to himself.

He started approaching these treasures with ease in mind knowing he was safe with this new technique on. All of these were real even though he is a sea king he has seen treasures before and he knew what was real and not. 

Of course unlike other humans this did not entice him, it's just the view was too beautiful. He scanned the whole room looking at anything else that could be counted as valuable. There were many different things but the gold and jewelry were surfacing them all.

However, on the edge of this room he saw a chair in which a skeleton was sitting on it. Of course this was not what caught his attention but the thing he was holding firmly. 

It was a map that looked like a treasure map, and it was not pointing to this place but a different location. Wrath grabbed it and saw it labeled as Grand Line, this was a treasure map but it also held the location of all the other islands in the Grand Line. 

Wrath picked the map up and saw a small letter below it. He grabbed and unwrapped it, he saw a small piece of writing which felt pretty complex.

  "How I miss my home, how I miss my house

Everyday in pain for the past we own. Every night in joy for there is the glow, the glow of our home."

"Huh what is this supposed to be for and what home is he talking about." Wrath was very confused. He could not understand the story of this skeleton so he did not think deeply about it. 

"Oh well, thanks for the map whoever you are and I'll be taking some of the treasure here." Wrath quickly bagged some of the treasure in this room and was about to take off. When the cave started shaking it felt like it was collapsing.

"What is going on?? Anyways I need to leave before I get squashed in here."

He started running toward the door and getting out of this cave before it completely collapsed. After a while of running he was finally out of the double layered cave.

*DAAH, DAAAAH*

He looked up in this mountain and saw a man with a huge gold hand punching it. This mountain was the one the caves were part of, this man kept smashing the mountain with his gold fist.

He was very small compared to his hand, and this was a phenomenal thing and Wrath quickly thought of devil fruit when he saw it. This could only be done with a devil fruit however that was not what surprised Wrath. What surprised him was this man was trying to destroy the mountain for whatever reason he had.

*Crack, Crack*

The whole mountain started crumbling to pieces. He let himself fall down to the ground when he saw it finally working. 

"Phew, that took a long time."

Wrath, who was surprised by this, just stood there with a face full of shock. He had his guard up in case this person held any type of animosity but he was still impressed by it. 

This man was a bit shorter than Wrath and he looked pretty skinny, he had long brown hair and narrow orange eyes. It was a bit surprising seeing this person was the one with that huge fist. 

*BOOOOOF*

This made him forget about the whole mountain that was destroyed next to him. He reacted to it and started distancing himself from it. He does not get buried by it.

"Why did you destroy this mountain?" Wrath got straight to the point wondering why he destroyed it. 

"Oh, I didn't see you there, I smelled gold in this place so I had to destroy it to get it." He said outward with no intention of hiding it.

"But…there was a hole here that led to it…." Wrath said with a dumbfounded look he never saw anyone this straightforward and dumb.

"Oh" the man replied.

         

                                                   To Be Continued

2