Chapter 9: Cannibal?
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“OH, I did not think of that….” The man scratched his hair embarrassed, Wrath did not sense any animosity coming out of him and started to calm down. However the man started looking at Wrath strangely and this alarmed Wrath greatly.

 

“You..” He started looking in the sky with his nose wide open, and then looked back at Wrath who was just standing there.

 

Wrath who was confused by this man’s action asked: 

 

“Me? Me what?”

 

Then the man said: “I can smell gold from you, did you take some of the treasure in this mountain.”

 

Wrath looked at his bag, understanding what this man meant, he took some gold and jewels in there. 

 

“Yes I did, I only took a couple of them in there though the majority is still in there.” Wrath felt like if they fought he would stand no chance and would only be running to his death. That's why he was speaking differently than his usual self, he was not an idiot who would risk his life over something simple as acting arrogant.

 

“Oh I see, that makes sense.” The man said.

 

“Then I'll be taking my leave.” Wrath said he wanted to get out of here in order to not start any conflict which could lead to his downfall. He saw a chance to leave when he saw the man showing his understanding over the situation. 

 

“Wait wait, where are you running off to, What's your name?” The man asked.

 

“Wrath” Wrath said casually he wanted to get out of here as soon as possible but that did not mean ignoring him that would just make it even more provoking.

 

“Wrath… how did I never hear of you, you’re kinda strong” His eyes slightly glowed when he said that, this person used observation haki to determine the strength of Wrath. Of course Wrath did not know anything about haki but he just felt these weird chills like someone was watching him from behind. 

 

“Thank you for the compliments but I gotta go now.” Wrath said while walking away from him, he felt if this conversation kept going something will lead to a fight here. However once again this weird person stopped him and this immediately informed Wrath there was no avoiding a fight here.

“Now then put everything you have in hand right there.” Wrath would willingly just give away the gold but he also had the map he got in there on his hand.

 

“I can give all the gold and jewels but can I take one item in there.” Wrath tried pushing it however he shook his head.

 

Wrath then dashed back to run away but he already catched up to Wrath, he sent a punch toward Wrath and it looked like it was gonna hit. Then Wrath wrapped his wings around him helping him increase the impact of the punch.

 

“Cough, Cough”

 

However the punch was too powerful and he started spouting blood while on the ground. What shocked him the most is this person did not use his devil fruit to do that but his pair hands. After this punch he immediately knew the huge gap between him and this person who sounded like an idiot. 

 

“Hahaha nice defense, now take this.” He jumped up in the sky and came striking down with the huge fist he destroyed the mountain. Wrath on the ground knew he could not block this or dodge it so he used the new skill he learned in the cave.

 

“Current Rotate” 

 

The fist got misdirected however the wind surrounding Wrath got completely separated and this threw him to the side. 

 

*Daah* 

 

He hit a tree near the ocean which was meters away, he thought the man was gonna attack again however he saw him staring at his fist. With a face that looked pretty impressive, he used a pretty strong attack of his however it was misdirected which made him impressed. 

 

“Oh, you're pretty strong for your strength and nice skill.” The man said.

 

Wrath was confused by that sentence, he did not know he was getting compared to people around his strength. Wrath tried getting up and running but he could not get up at all, he saw gold liquid were pulling him down. 

 

He did not even notice him getting trapped at all, this made him stuck to the ground and it was not good for him. If he attacks now he would be in great danger, he used current cutters on it but they did not work. 

 

“Well either way.” He slowly walked toward Wrath, raised his leg and sent him flying with his kick and you could see Wrath’s eyes turning white making him fall unconscious. 

*Splash*

 

“Well Wrath nice dying while unconcious sounds blessed doesn’t it.” He saw Wrath was a devil fruit user and ignored him when he saw him fall to the ocean. As he said that he picked up the bag that Wrath put his gold in. He searched the bag and saw there was nothing, just gold and jewels and wondered.

 

“What item did he mean besides the gold?”

 

He thought oh well and started walking towards the direction Wrath said the gold was in. What he didn’t know was that Wrath was actually a sea king and could breathe underwater. He just thought he was a human that ate a devil fruit and could not breathe underwater either.

 

………

 

-Inside the ocean

 

Wrath was falling down deeper and deeper while still unconscious, this fight was definitely a loss for him but he still survived. This was one of the first times he lost to a person and he feels that it would just keep increasing after he goes to the Grand Line. 

 

*WOOOAAA*

 

A huge sea king saw Wrath unconscious and thought of him as food, the sea king tried to bite Wrath. This alerted Wrath and he came to consciousness and he saw the sea king’s fangs piercing through his stomach.

“AHHHHHHHH” 

                                          

                                                                                                                To Be Continued.

2