57.0
105 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Goku, Jiren, Broly and Hit fought once more, there was another kind of battle taking place...

Time Nest

"Tokitoki! Calm down!"

Chronoa fumbled to stop Tokitoki from scratching her face, and looked to Zamasu, whom had just arrived in the Time Nest. The bird of creation had suddenly gotten upset and both had no clue as to why, but Zamasu cleared his throat. "Tokitoki, if you have a concern then share it. Otherwise, stop misbehaving."

Tokitoki screeched again and flew up, beating his wings harshly. Chronoa and Zamasu had to squint their eyes through the wind. Finally, it seemed the bird calmed down, as did the wind from his wings, and he perched on Zamasu's head. 

"What?" Chronoa asked. "He's never liked you before."

"Hm. While I don't feel inclined to comment on that, I do notice he's trying to tell me something." Zamasu said, eyeing the bird on his shoulder with a little reluctance and skepticism.

"...I see..." Chronoa nodded on as Tokitoki chirped and chirped, telling her something only she seemed able to translate. "Are you sure, Tokitoki?"

"Screech!"

Zamasu sighed and looked off to the moons surrounding the Time Nest. "What is it that he's trying to say, then?"

Chronoa's thin brows lowered a little. She put a hand under her chin and began pacing. "Tokitoki...wants you to go to the future."

"The future?"

"Yes. He's concerned about Fu gathering energy. We need to find someone who can beat Fu, and stop him from whatever dark plan he wants Rhuda for."

Zamasu pondered that for a moment. He eventually nodded. "Very well, I will go and do this."

"Really? How unlike you to be so helpful, Zamasu." Chronoa smiled a little, watching as the Kai grew a little pink in the face.

"D-Don't misunderstand my intentions. I'm only trying to protect my own life." Zamasu said.

"Are you sure it has nothing at all to do with Rhuda? You did share a room with her..."

"W-What are you implying?! That I have some strange attraction to that mortal?! I--I'd never!" Zamasu grew quite red and stomped his white boot in aggravation.

Chronoa could see her teasing was going too far and making Zamasu angry. She giggled a little and waved her hand, "Oh, I know, I understand it's not that at all! Just a joke, silly me."

Zamasu relaxed but glared at Chronoa, still convinced the Kai of Time was insinuating something obtuse. He then looked to his Time Ring, shining brightly on his right hand. "...If I do this, it could interrupt the normal flow of time. Bringing someone to this time line isn't exactly advisable."

"Yes. I fully understand the dangers with that..." Chronoa sighed a little, "...but we don't know what Fu is really planning. Right now, we need all the help we can get. You saw what he did...stealing their power, right in the middle of battle."

Zamasu nodded. He cast a glance to Chronoas crystal ball, showing the fight in clear view. "I suppose I won't be punished if something were to go amiss?"

"The one who would be punished would be me," Chronoa admitted. She shrugged her shoulders, "We  both know this is a game world now. But there's a whole realm out there with no way to protect themselves. That's where Rhuda, Shallot and the other new Time Patrollers come from. We can't let their history be changed. The consequences...could be catastrophic."

"Very well. I'm going, then. But I'll need some way to bring this person with me."

"Hmm. You're right. A time ring will only bring 'you' back to this time, won't it?" Chronoa hummed and then snapped her fingers. "Oh! There's is 'that.'"

Tokitoki chirped and nodded his bird head, flying away from Zamasus shoulder and perching back on his post by the pond waters. Chronoa looked to the crystal ball. "Supreme Kai Shin. If you borrow his Time Ring, you can give it to the future warrior..."

"I see." Zamasu sighed and held out his hand. "Then I'll depart right away."

"Thank you, Zamasu. I'm counting on you. We're all counting on you."

The Kai called Zamasu blinked his misty gray eyes, then a tiny smirk formed. "Hn. Words I never thought I'd hear. Finally my superior divinity is being recognized. Even if it is to help some mortal not perish."

Zamasu left via his Time Ring, going off to find the time rift in which the Arena was. Once he was gone, Chronoa looked over at Tokitoki. "People really can change, can't they Tokitoki?"

"Chirp!"

"I think you're right. It's all because of Rhuda." Chronoa giggled and put her hand on her hip, staring at the crystal ball. "...He won't admit it. But I can see it. How he actually cares for once. Maybe this will help him find his place here, with us."

"Chirp chirp!"

*

*

*

Arena Stadium

"Brother!"

Broly popped up on the bottom floor, out of breath and holding his injured chest. His mouth spurt blood, and Grand Priest quickly waved his hand from far away, healing Broly of his injuries. Broly had lost to Hit, not being able to contain his rage long enough to figure out a way around his Time Skipping Technique and had found himself trapped in a Time Prison.

Rhuda hopped up from her seat and ran down the rows until reaching him, stopping a foot away. "You did so well, brother!"

Broly smiled a little and lifted his drooped head, rolling his thick shoulders back a little and slowly standing. "I lost. But I have learned much."

"Mhm!"

Brother and sister looked at one another happily and made their way to the benches. 

Vegeta looked over at Broly, "Hn. You fought well."

"Thank you, Vegeta." Broly smiled a tiny smile.

There the group sat, watching Goku and Jiren going at it time and time again, both never wavering in their strength, clashing head on only to do so repeatedly. "...They're on a whole other level," Rhuda said.

"Kakarot is memorizing Jirens moves." Vegeta said, watching as well. "Jiren wastes nothing. And his calm is nearly impossible to break. But it looks like that's changing."

Whis giggled from behind them. "Yes. I see it as well. Jiren is getting excited, fighting with everything he has, and Goku has the keen ability to memorize every battle he's ever been in. You can bet that the match will turn tides soon. I don't think it will be enough, however."

"Why's that?" Rhuda asked.

"Because Goku is holding back." Beerus said. The Cat God yawned. "Even after telling him to go all out, he's still not giving his full power. Wanting to drag it out longer as usual. We'll be here awhile."

Rhuda looked to her adopted Dad, seeing him smirking and holding his own in battle. Her lips turned into a smile. "He's...wanting Jiren to win, isn't he?"

"Tch! Of course he is. That damn habit..." Vegeta growled a little. "Just like he tricked me. Letting me beat him up, when all the while he had a higher level that he hadn't even shown!"

"When was this?" Rhuda asked, curious. Vegeta sighed and said, "When Buu was revived. I let myself be taken over by Babidi, but even that wasn't enough to truly win. If I'd known Kakarot had the capability of turning into Super Saiyan 3--I wouldn't have even bothered!"

Vegeta seemed pretty upset about that. Rhuda gave his shoulder a pat. "Maybe Dad just wanted you to give it your all..."

"I still have a grudge against him. One day I'll pay him back for that!"

At that moment a new person popped into the Arena Stadium. Rhuda looked down, seeing Lord Zamasu there. He caught her eye, and the Kai dipped his head, a tiny smile lifting one side of his beautiful face.

'Zamasu? What's he doing here?'

The Kai headed their way and blocked Beerus' view of the screen, making the Cat God growl a little. "If you're here to watch, sit down!"

"...Supreme Kai Shin." Zamasu bowed. "I request an audience."

Shin blinked a little, "Me? Well, okay. Yeah. Let's go over there, then."

Those two left.

*

*

*

Real World - Tokyo Gaming Tower

"ARGHH!"

Trunks fell into the nearest desk, suddenly attacked from behind. He hadn't even had time to draw his sword. Pan, seeing Trunks get injured, hopped in front of him. "Trunks! Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

Trunks vision shook a little, recognizing instantly the three clawed foot which had struck his back.

They were facing Freiza, whom was in his Final Form, looking like a cat who had found a mouse, his dark lips curled into a twisted grin. "Well, well, two little monkeys down here. I didn't think I'd find you out of your habitat."

"Freiza!" Trunks growled his name and drew his large sword. "Pan, stay back! He's stronger than before!"

"R-Right!" Pan ducked behind Trunks, as Freiza smirked. "Yes...I've acquired a newfound level of strength. One none of you will ever be able to reach."

"We've fought once before," Trunks told him. "In case you forgot, I split you in half, Freiza."

The slits of Freeza's eyes narrowed into a tightness that was threatening. "Yes. How could I forget that cocky smirk on your face as you destroyed me? My gloated Father fell victim to your blade as well. For nearly a decade I thought on your death, and the death of that putrid Goku. But I also have to thank you. For giving me the vengeance I needed to begin training my body, pushing it to new and incredible heights. Yes....Trunks Briefs, I stand before you now a completely new creature. But enough catching up. There's the little thing called payback, and I plan to give it to you in full."

Freiza shot a red beam from his finger, aiming for Trunks chest. Trunks charged his sword with Ki and knocked it aside. "You'll have to do better than that." Trunks said, glaring.

"It took me quite awhile to find out where you'd gone. Imagine my 'surprise' to see that you had the ability to go through time! Your win over me was only by a slim margin." Freiza smiled, "After learning of time travel I spent a good deal of my efforts searching for you...I visited Earth first, testing my new abilities and found even Gohan was capable of putting up a meager resistance, forced to fight for his homeland. I spared him, you see...for I have much bigger plans in store."

"I see. So you've been looking for me for awhile...and let me guess, Fu helped you out with that." Trunks guessed.

"He's only a means to an end." Freiza stood a step closer. "How long I've wanted to see the face you'd make, when I came into my full power and made your life the same hell I was put through! "

"You deserved it." Trunks said. He shifted his blade, readying for anything.

"That justice you swing around may be fine for you to sleep at night, but the only difference between us is that I don't claim to be a hero when I kill. And I'll start by eliminating you and your tiny ape friend here."

"Pan!" Trunks shouted, "Get out of here!"

"B-But--!"

"NOW!"

 

 

2