58.0
132 7 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
heavy information chapter. If you don't know anything about time rings, time travel then you may become overwhelmed. If you find yourself confused just comment and I'll do my best to explain.

Age ???

Zamasu carefully stepped down into the Time Nest, which didn't look like one at all anymore. It was merely ruins, and he couldn't even see the Kai of Time anywhere, nor her small home. Whereas the cage of the nest used to be intact and made of glass, now it was a broken hull. A harsh wind blew across Zamasu, chilling him to the bone. It's a good thing he was wearing his Kai outfit, with its long sleeves and dark vest top. Indeed, despite that covering, he still found himself having a shiver go down his spine.

As he crossed through the barren Nest, void of the Time Vault--only a few structural ruins, and those were questionable--Zamasu put a hand beneath his chin in reflection. "...This place is..."

At that moment, a person with dark hair entered the Time Nest. The portal itself was still there, but seemingly vanished behind this person, closing onto itself.

Zamasu found himself staring. The person was clearly a warrior, and had battle armor on similar to Vegeta, blue and golden. Over top the battle armor was a dark grey trench coat, open and blowing in the cool breeze. Their dark hair was straight and long, tied at their back by a hair tie, and still more hang down. Their bangs were cut straight across, giving the impression of a 'cool' type of person. Whomever it was had piercing blue eyes amongst deeply tan skin. A silver something--a lip piercing--glint on his youthful face, and even his ears had some piercings going up the side.

This person walked over and bowed. "Supreme Kai Zamasu. I've been expecting you."

"So my visit this day has been foreseen. Tell me, what has become of the future?" Zamasu asked, motioning around the place in question.

"That is a long story. And I don't know if it's safe for us to stay here and chat. Game Master...knows everything here." The young man said. He looked behind Zamasu, to the Time Vault ruins, and said, "--But I'll show you something before we leave. Follow me."

Zamasu followed behind this strange person whom had yet to give their name into the Time Vault ruins. There were steps but those were cracked and thus he walked carefully up them, looking into the hollow space that used to be filled with Time Scrolls. They were all gone, but some evidence remain on the floor that paper had been present, ripped and torn all over and fluttering in the cold air. In the middle of this floor, however, was a room which was open. A staircase led deep into the ground, and the man descended down into the darkness. Zamasu hesitantly followed, giving the room ruins one last glance before doing so.

The room he looked at now was a tiny one and lit with one light. That light was coming from a crystal, shooting up like broken diamonds and glittering, reflecting their movements and transparent. Though the crystal was glowing, Zamasu could see something inside it, and carefully gave it an inspection. What he saw was shocking. So shocking he backed up and hit the wall behind him with a harsh 'tap'.

"W-What's the meaning of this!" Zamasu asked.

The young man turned to the Kai. His expression was solemn. "She's been here since I was small. Mother...gave her freedom to protect the Game Data..."

"Mother? Then you're her son.." Zamasu took a breath to calm himself. The mortal he had come to save had instead been inbedded within crystal shards, as if some folorn ancient princess long forgotten by time. Rhuda's eyes were shut as if sleeping, but the tiny Ki she radiated with was enough to glow the room with it's warmth. It was the only warmth coming from the entire place.

"I am. My name is Tie..." said Tie, casting a glance to his mother. "She's never opened her eyes. For many years, I've kept watch over her here. It was the only place safe from Fu. But even then--"

Tie pulled back his mouth into a hard line. "--it's all we've been able to do. Game Masters control is too strong now, and we can't undo what he's done."

"...Game Master. Who is this person?" Zamasu asked.

"He's the one who made the game we're in currently. He's the mastermind who lives in the shadow, controlling our lives, controlling our thoughts and memories, and now, controlling the real world, too. I'm immune, thanks to being born in the real world, but it doesn't make it easy."

Zamasu swallowed. Even he wasn't immune to such powers, and the thought was sobering. "Where are the others? The Supreme Kai of Time?"

"...Gone." Tie answered. He faced Zamasu, "Let's go somewhere safer. While I'm immune to Game Masters manipulation, you aren't. It would be bad for him to interfere with your memories."

Zamasu followed the young man, Tie, up and out of the resting place of Rhuda, and looked behind him to the mortal girl. She looked lonesome, but peaceful, and he forced his head forward.

Tie waved his hand and the Nest portal opened and both left it. What Zamasu was expecting to see was Conton city, but he instead found himself in the 'Real' World. In the middle of a bustling city that had numerous people around, yet none batted an eye at the green skinned Kai.

"This way. Hide your energy." Tie said over his shoulder.

Instead of flying they landed onto the roadside, which was cracked, and Tie walked at a fast pace, not giving Zamasu proper time to adjust to his newfound surroundings. It went on for some time until finally Tie stopped at a tall building. It's height was at least seven floors. The outside had a 'TP' logo on it, and Tie stood before the double glass door. "Father. I'm entering now with Zamasu."

"Alright." Came a voice from a tiny loud speaker.

The doors opened and both entered. It was tidy and neat, with a waiting area and a receptionist sitting behind a computer desk. She wore glasses and pushed them up, giving them both a look. "Sir Tie!" She greeted.

"Natalie. Hey. Put us down for a meeting with Dad. Make sure to include todays date, if you don't mind." Tie said.

He nodded to Zamasu and they went to a set of elevators. There Tie hit the 7th Floor button, and the cage rattled and began to lift.

At the 7th floor the doors dinged and opened. The room was a large one, and only one person was there.

Trunks Briefs.

He looked different, however. Weathered. Older.

The lilac hair he had was braided at his back and touched the edge of his elbows. His sword was gone, and there was a long scar on his face. It ran from his temple to his lips, slitting them in half. Some of his face was hidden behind a thin and landscaped lavender beard. He had the appearance of a business man, with his black suit and blue cravat, and stood from his seated desk. There were a few lines around his blue eyes, but those crinkled happily when he saw Tie. "Son. Glad to see you back."

Tie bowed deeply, kneeling. "...King...I've brought the Kai Zamasu. He's here from the original Game."

Trunks eyes widened. "So it's time, then."

Zamasu walked forward and scowled. "Just what is going on here? Where is everyone? And why are you here, stationed in the real world?"

Trunks gestured around them. "..It's the only place we could find safe from Game Master. There's a special barrier here to hide it from being detectable. As for your other question, that's a long explanation. How much time do you have?"

"...I have enough time! Quit stalling!"

Trunks chuckled. "Fair enough. The Z Warriors you remember...have been defeated. Only my son Tie, his brother, Kolard, and Shallot remain."

"Defeated?! How?!"

"...We had to defeat them. Their minds were erased, wiped. New Data had been entered...like I said, it's a long story. Let's just say that one by one they came to kill my wife. We had no choice but to defeat them. Even then...it only got us so far. Chisato--" Trunks stopped talking, as if needing to regain his emotions, which had given him a saddened expression, '--she took it upon herself to use her powers and...stay there. To protect our original Data from being deleted. Her corrupted game is all that's left, keeping me alive."

Zamasu's green face grew pale. His body shook, and he nearly fell on his backside. "You--you jest!"

Trunks shook his head. "Sorry. It's not a happy story. As it is right now, Game Master has influence over the real world too. If you can call it that, now."

"What do you mean?"

Tie looked to Zamasu. "The Ancient one was revived. Mother survived, because Uncle Shallot saved her, but it was too late. A new Game had been made already--one we didn't know about. And...Game Master was able to make his wishes, after transferring her Data to that new Game and finding a replacement vessel."

"I...don't understand this at all!" Zamasu shouted.

Trunks sat down at this desk. "Shallot and Kolard should be here in three minutes. I'll explain more after they're here. In the meantime, are you thirsty?"

"Tch! As if I'd have the desire to drink tea at a time like this." Zamasu growled, and then found himself a seat in front of Trunks Briefs desk, looking out the circular rooms windows showing the real world with a tight glare.

Just as he had predicted, Shallot and the one called Kolard popped into the room from nowhere. It wasn't Instant Transmission, as their fingers weren't to their foreheads, but the silver glinting on their hands clued Zamasu into the fact that they had a Time Ring each. There were red potara's on their ears as well.

Shallot, unlike the weathered Trunks, looked in prime fighting condition and immediately shocked the Kai with his appearance and outfit. It was a destroyer's clothing, done up in red garments and brown boots, his slightly tan chest and arms exposed. On Shallots right arm was a golden band, and his ear, too, had a matching gold earring.

Next was 'Kolard'. His black hair was short and spiked to the side, and the young man had an innocent face, but the green of his eyes was so much like his mother that Zamasu was startled a moment. Kolard's skin was paler than his brother Tie's, and whereas Tie wore saiyan armor, Kolard had on an orange Gi with a peculiar, unfamiliar kanji.

Kolard bowed deeply to Trunks. "King of Time...we made it."

Trunks rose and bowed back. "Kolard, Shallot. Right on schedule."

Shallot rolled his thick shoulders back and crossed his arms, eyeing Zamasu. "So, you here because Chronoa sent you?"

"Tch. If you know that, don't ask me. And just what the hell are you doing, referring to HIM as a King of Time? And that outfit!" Zamasu shouted.

Kolard chuckled. "Kinda funny you should ask. You have no idea right now, but Uncle Shallot is Universe 13's only God of Destruction. Oh, and...him, well, he's the new overseer of Time."

Zamasu held his mouth as if he'd barf. He stood up, looking at them all in turn with a very displeased face. "You mortals have entered the roles of deities! What's the meaning of this atrocity!"

"Calm down, Zama." Shallot said. He sighed. "We had to. Well, mostly. It was you who made Trunks here a Supreme Kai, anyway. And when I defeated Vegeta, I became the next God of Destruction. Only, well, Grand Priest appointed me to Universe 13. Seeing as we didn't have a God, Supreme Kai, or Angel then."

Zamasu swallowed and sat back down. He clenched his hands into his lap tightly. "...So this will all come to pass?

"Afraid so." Trunks said. "The Nest was destroyed a day or two after the Tournament ends, by the way. The Kai of Time is sealed away in a crack of time...and I take over, mostly because I'm the only one who can."

"And the girl?! What becomes of her?!" Zamasu hissed.

Shallot shook his head. "That's where you come in. I'm gonna go back with you as I am now and fight Fu and win. That will protect noodles from dying, for now. But the real issue is Game Master. He knows you're going to bring in help...so, we have to work around that, too."

Kolard, who was listening on, burst in, "Send me. I'll get mom to safety!"

Trunks gave his son a tight glare. "You've done enough."

"But! I only did that to save Uncle!" Kolard protested. "If I hadn't of helped them then, Cell would have defeated him."

"I know. But that was supposed to happen. At least, I would have fixed it with the Dragon Balls...but now we can't even do that." Trunks said.

Tie sighed and looked to his brother Kolard. "You made a huge mess of things. Fu didn't know about me until you came back, and the only reason you're even here is because YOU did it to yourself!"

Kolard scowled. "What? I-It was supposed to happen in MY timeline! You know how much Gohan loved--" his words cut off, when Trunks cleared his throat loudly. "Quiet! You knew the rules and still did it anyway. But that's in the past now."

"...Yes, King..." Kolard grumbled.

Shallot pat the young man's shoulder. "You did what you thought was best. And I appreciate the save, you know? But we can't you let you go back now."

Trunks nodded his head in agreement. "His birth is recorded in the Book of Beginnings and End. Sending him into his own past could be dangerous. We'll need two warriors who aren't a part of the game at all." He said, then opened the desk drawer. Out from it he pulled two potara earrings and a Time Ring. "These...are mine. I don't use them anymore, because of the possibility of merging timelines, but...now is our only chance to protect the original game."

Zamasu saw the Time Ring, the potara earrings. His neck grew hot. "You shouldn't have those! No mortal can properly ascertain the flow of time!"

"Yeah. I agree with you, Lord Zamasu." Trunks answered calmly. His blue eyes lowered to the ground. "...But I'm all that's left. If my Game Data is gone, then none of us can stop Game Master. It's been my lifelong research to restore things the way they should be. And before you ask, the Dragon Balls aren't a viable option anymore. After the Ancient one is released, Game Master wishes the real world is a game too...not only that, but he kills Supreme Kai Shin, and makes himself GM over both realms. Vados restores Shin but...all I can do at that point is prevent Shin's death, and Goku seals him away in a rice cooker using the evil containment wave. Beerus is then defeated by Vegeta in battle by that point...and the other Gods can't interfere in the space time rift that Grand Priest creates."

"...This is...too much..." Zamasu utters. His face begins to drip sweat. "None of this...seems possible!"

"Let me summarize it for you." Shallot says. He clears his throat, "Fu gathers energy for Pandora's Box. Yadda yadda, it opens. He tries to feed noodles to the Dragon, I step in and save her, then her match is done. In the meantime Vegeta fights Beerus and wins, but because Angels go dormant, Whis vanishes for a bit. After the Tournament is over life goes on. Trunks and noodle head get married--yuck--and have Tie. After Tie is born, Game Master has finished his new game and releases it with new players from the real world. I find out about it 'cause I'm the one going back to the real world, and by that time Grand Priest thinks I'd make a good G.O.D. Only I don't have an Angel to teach me..."

"That's where mom comes in!" Kolard said brightly.

"Yeah." Shallot smiled, dark eyes twinkling. "She becomes my Angel Attendant. Pretty funny...but anyway, she can't do a whole lot yet 'cause Grand Priest is still teaching her everything. Man...those were the days..."

Trunks chuckled and flicked away a stray strand of hair. "You told me she always did want to surpass you."

"Yup..." Shallot sighed. "Well, anyway, long story short...Fu comes back from the NEW game and snags Chisato, taking her here in her saiyan body. Trunks stops him, and a whole bunch of dumb shit happens. That leads up to noodles thinking the only answer is for her to seal herself away and rely on us to stamp out all the alterations in history and stuff coming from the new game and real world. Make sense?"

"Tch...so that's how it goes.." Zamasu sighed and shut his eyes. "And where do I fit in?"

"Do you really wanna know?" Shallot asked, smirking.

"Imbecile! If I didn't wish to know I wouldn't ask!"

Shallot rolled his eyes. "Alright alright. Sheesh. You fell in love with her, Zama. Made Trunks here a Supreme Kai of Time, after you're instated as Universe 13's new Supreme Kai and Chronoa gets locked away forever. All to save your precious unrequited love."

"I--I'd never do such a thing!" Zamasu yelled.

Trunks and Shallot shared an amused chuckle. "I know it seems far fetched, but what we've said will happen eventually."

"I-Impossible! Absurd!"

Trunks cleared his throat. "Alright. That's enough information for now. Our job is to prevent the real world and game world from merging. That's what we're here for. All of us."

When Zamasu had calmed himself down, he grit his teeth. "...The only reason I'm here is to stop that--that mortal girl from perishing."

Tie and Kolard looked to one another. Kolard said, "I..never got to meet her. In the flesh. She was dead in my timeline, but even after coming here, the only times I saw mom where from Time Scrolls..."

"Time Scrolls? But those were all destroyed. I saw them myself!" Zamasu said.

"I have them here, in my database." Trunks said. He pointed to his monitors. "They're all coding. It took me awhile to do it, but I saved everything that I could. Kolard, Tie and Shallot use these newer scrolls to go to the new game and prevent it from becoming what ours did. I also have the history of this world, which Game Master has been changing daily. It's...a hard task, but I manage. With a little help of course."

"..."

Shallot clapped his hands together and looked to Kolard. "You ready to go get our future warriors? We gotta make sure that Chisato doesn't end up as dessert for that Dragon."

"I was born ready," Kolard answered. His green eyes tightened, and he looked confident. "I just wish I could go myself..."

"Sorry kiddo." Shallot punched his arm, "You'll have to be the one to awaken her here, after we beat the shit out of Game Master."

"Looking forward to it."

Trunks nodded his head, agreeing with them both. "...It's the day I look forward to...also. It's been seventeen years since I heard her true voice. For her, time hasn't passed. She has a lot to catch up on."

"All this time you haven't beaten him?" Zamasu asked sharply.

"We've came close, sure, but when the real world became a game world, too, he began to manipulate it and bring out enemies from entirely different games. It's been..chaotic ever since." Trunks said. "We had to do the same to fight back. And without any Dragon Balls to help out, we're a little stuck. And we both know using the Time Rings can eventually cause them to merge and create an even bigger problem, especially with all the alterations that have happened. Right now there are already too many Time Rings created, just from my own use. Any other method of going back in time has been blocked by Game Master. As the King of Time...I do what I can. But even I have my limits." Trunks looked to Zamasu, and his voice changed, deepening to something authoritative. "It's up to you, Lord Zamasu. Save the original game. Prevent Chisato from having to seal herself away. Protect the Time Nest, and give my younger self a helping hand. If you fail in this...we're all doomed."

Zamasu looked into Trunks' blue eyes, seeing the situation and deeply bowed. "...Relying on me in such a way. I..won't fail. Bring me the future warriors and I will stop this madness."

 

hope you guys are paying attention to all the hints I've been dropping here and there! Below is Tie, guardian of the time nest and the game world. Hes a lot like his dad trunks, and oversees sending new patrollers on missions in the real world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2