61.0 Rhuda Vs. Granolah
98 8 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Planet 04

Granolah finished dusting his shirt and propelled from his right foot towards Rhuda, whom jumped back and created a shield made out of energy. The [Shield] took two ki bars to use, but it worked to avoid Granolahs kicks and punches. He smirked a little, "Impressive. Despite our difference in power you're making the most of what you have."

Rhuda didn't comment on that, too busy thinking through a proper strategy.

"Quiet, aren't you? At least you're not quivering anymore. Tell me...why do you fight, when you're so afraid?" Granolah asked, pausing his advance.

That question the girl did answer. "To protect everyone. If I lose this match to you, Granolah--the world as we know it will change forever."

"!"

Granolah's multicolored eyes grew wide. He stopped his advance altogether, and dropped his arms to his side. "Protect...not for the fun of fighting. Not...to win some award."

"R-Right. Ano...a-are we still fighting now?" She asked, gulping.

"..."

Granolah smiled and turned away, moving aside his scarf. "No. I will forfeit."

"Eh?!"

"I can't fight a girl who is only wanting to protect something." He looked over his shoulder, "Even if she is strong, there are others who I can test my powers against."

Rhuda couldn't help the emotions that fell from her face. She ran to her enemy, and bowed. "T-Thank you! I--I didn't know how I'd beat you--!"

Granolah crossed his arms, smiling a little. "Neither did I. It was brave, facing me without any hope. However...just who is your enemy? Rhuda, was it?"

"Y-Yes. Ano...my enemy is Fu. A dark demon...he...once killed the one closest to me. So..coldly." Rhuda grit her teeth, recalling the event with clarity. "He must be punished. His powers are immense, but I have to try. Even if it means giving my life to this cause..."

Her words resonated within Granolah. It was easy to sympathize with the girl, he found, and his hand outstretched to her. "Then let's work together to bring him down, Rhuda. I have a few years left in me to help someone like yourself."

She took his hand and shook it, misty eyed. "H-He will come here, soon. This entire Tournament...was just for my...death, you see."

"Hmm. How shameful. Those Gods, will they not stop him?" Granolah asked, surprised.

"It's not that they can't. They won't interfere, because Angels and Gods have to be neutral. Only the Lord of Lords can intervene, or...Beerus."

"I see."

*

*

*
Grand Priest chuckled. It was just as he had hoped. By pairing her with someone such as Granolah, whom wouldn't harm an innocent girl for no reason, she had made an ally to help fend off Fu, when he came. But even then...it wouldn't be quite enough, when the Dark Demon did decide to show himself. He glanced to his Twin Zeno's, who are blinking. "Huh? No fight?" The left one asked.

"There is still a great battle between Vegeta the saiyan and Lord Beerus," Grand Priest reminded them.

The twins attention fixated on those two, who had just begin their battle after a conversation.

*

*

*

Gohans Home - Orange City

Gohan relaxed into his seat, a large weight lifted from his shoulders. It wasn't the death battle he'd thought it would be. Granolah wasn't evil at all, much to the half saiyans happiness. "Phew. That could have gone bad." He said to his group.

Krillin nodded. "Yeah. That guy is on a whole other level...but who is this Fu person? Seems like a real bad guy to do all that just to kill one girl."

Android 18 scoffed. "You mean stupid. A whole Tournament just to kill her off? What a waste of time."

Gohan kept his sentiments to himself. He knew there was another reason, one he didn't understand, as to why Fu needed to do that. Or...the Creator.

*

*

*

Planet 04

Granolah looked up to the namekian sky. "I told them I forfeited, yet here we still are. Is that not allowed?"

"I don't know, sir." Rhuda said, also wondering why they hadn't been transported yet.

The two walked over and sat on a rock, looking quite bored and awkward. Rhuda gnawed her lower lip a little. "...Maybe it's because Fu is supposed to show up. We're all expecting him to."

"I see. Hmm...tell me more about this Fu creature."

Rhuda told what she dared, not revealing they were in a game, only that Fu had magic powers beyond their wildest dreams. When she was done, Granolah sighed. "Sounds like a real villain."

"H-He is. He even killed Trunks..."

"Trunks?" Granolah asked.

"My boyfriend. He's what called a Time Patroller..." Rhuda led into another conversation, trying to summarize things as best she could, which made Granolah chuckle. "Time Patrol," he mused, "Maybe that's where I'll find my place."

"Your place? Ano...are you lost, sir?" She asked.

"You could say that. My lifespan will end pretty soon." Granolah told her the gist of what he'd done to shorten his own life, and Rhuda's eyes widened.

"A wish? To be the strongest?"

"Yes. It came with a heavy price. But now, I...want to make use of these hands of mine."

Rhuda kept quiet and thought on that. Granolah would die soon, in a little over two years time. She faced the Cerealian. "Sir?"

"Hm?"

"Ano...if I may, I'd like to help you as well." Rhuda said, watching his face carefully. Granolahs light colored brow lifted, "Help me?"

"Yes. That is...it's possible to fix that. Your life...could be longer, if we make a wish using the Earth's dragon balls, you could get back those years."

Granolah shut his eyes. He thought on that for a moment before nodding. "Very well. It's worth a shot. That would make us even."

"Yes!"

With a smile at the possible future, both had found friends in one another quite quickly. Granolah was a kind person, who would help others, and use his power for good. Rhuda needed a fighter like that.

No sooner had they both grew hopeful for a brighter tomorrow then a slow clap of hands began behind them. Both turned, not having sensed anyone at all, to see Fu there. The Dark Demon smiled. "Bravo! Bravo, I say! Look at you, Chisato, getting an ally so fast."

Granolah stood. "This person...must be Fu?"

"Y-Yes."

Rhuda found herself hidden behind Granolah, who glared. "Your sins are many, demon."

Fu waved that way. "Pish posh! I'm a Demon--it's 'kinda' what we do, Granolah! Now then, I can't really get all of her juicy corrupted energy if you're in the way. So let's fix that."

Fu drew out his sword and vanished from sight.

"W-Where did he go?" Granolah asked. "Even with my eyes..I can't see him!"

Rhuda could, however. She shoved Granolah just as Fu's blade was going to pierce his side. "No!"

Her power pole she then unsheathed, charging it with energy. "Fu, your fight is with me! Leave Granolah out of this!" She yelled, activating [Primal form]

"You can see him?" Granolah asked.

"Yes. I can." She said, going to Fu with a frontal attack with her charged power pole.

Fu grabbed her power pole with his right gloved hand, holding it there. With a 'crack', his sword sliced through the pole, which became two pieces.

Tonk

Tonk

Both pieces fell to the blue grass.

"T-The power pole!" Rhuda said.

"Sorry about that." Fu said. He aimed his sword at Granolah, "I'm gonna take him over for awhile. That way you're at your fullest power when I swoop in and grab it all for myself!"

"S-Stop!" Rhuda said. She blocked Granolah, who grit his teeth with aggravation, not being able to see the enemy, "Granolah! Get away from here! He's going to mind control you!"

Granolah lifted his hand. "I can't see you, monster, but I can hear pretty good." He shot from his fingertips blasts of energy, grabbed Rhuda and flew off.

Fu made chase, popping up in front of them easily.

Though he couldn't sense Fu or his energy, Granolah 'could' detect that Rhuda had just saw him, as her vitals shifted to fear, "Ah!" She shouted.

"Got you." Granolah kicked the air and managed to hit Fu, who blocked with his sword.

"Nice one!" Fu said, smiling. "Pretty darn impressive there Granolah. Ooo~ This is so exciting! C'mon, let's see what you got!"

"Not so fast." Said a new and annoyed voice.

Looking around, it was Beerus the Destroyer. His purple tail swished with anger. "You're not allowed in this fight, Fu." Beerus rose his finger, "Tell me, Rhuda. Where is this damn demon?"

"There!" She pointed.

Beerus released a purple Hakai blast, which Fu evaded, and it sailed off to the sky. "Gotta be faster than that. Too bad you can't see me, kitty." Fu chuckled. "I've just had a brilliant idea. Instead of controlling you, Granolah, I'll just take HIM over."

"No!" Rhuda shouted. "Lord Beerus, get away from here!"

It was too late.

Beerus the Destroyer had become mind controlled.

*

Arena Stadium

"Oh my." Whis said.

"WHAT!" Goku stood up, grabbing the chair so hard it split in half. "That's cheating! Darn you, Fu! Whis, what are you waiting for? Get in there and fix that!"

Whis shook his head. "Sorry, Goku. That's against the rules. We Angels are supposed to remain neutral. You should know this by now, after what happened with Merus."

"I--I know, but---" Goku smacked the chair and sat down in a huff, crossing his arms. "That's my best friend and daughter in there! And I can't even go help!"

Broly growled, too, and watched the screen angrily. "I'll kill him. Fu."

"There has to be SOMETHING we can do." Goku said.

"This match is destiny," Whis told them. "It's been written about in the future. Whatever happens here, will determine the outcome for all of us. My Father foresaw this fight. It's up to them to win this."

"That doesn't help at all," Goku complained. He scowled heavily. "Destiny, huh? Man..."

*

Planet 04

Granolah blocked Rhuda, "Get out of here. I'll fight Beerus."

"I think not." Said Vegeta, who wiped away blood from his mouth. He flew to them, "Beerus is MINE. Both of you, run along and go play nice somewhere else."

"Vegeta!" Rhuda said, "You can't take him alone!"

The saiyan prince gave her a stubborn scowl. "I CAN and I WILL. Not get lost! You're only cannon fodder! Granolah, take her as far as possible!"

Granolah nodded. "Alright. Let's go, Rhuda."

"But--"

Beerus shot three Hakais, to which Vegeta knocked away. Over his shoulder he said, "Don't worry about me. I finally get the chance to fight him at his fullest. This...is what I've been waiting for. Now go!"

Fu looked on eagerly. There was a pleased grin on his demon face. "This is gonna be so good! A match up between Vegeta and Beerus! Hmm, but that won't be enough. Gotta get Chisato to use her full powers, too. I know!"

Without warning Fu struck Granola with his sword, "There!"

Granolah grabbed his chest and looked with alarm at Rhuda, "G-Get out of here!" He said, "Go!"

Not just Beerus, but Granolah, too, had been mind controlled. Fu clapped his hands. "Alright! Now we're talking! Good luck, Chisato~!" The demon waved before vanishing in smoke.

Rhuda didn't have anywhere to run. Granolah smirked. "Vital points...all open."

"Kya!"

She dived to the ground and snagged the two broken pieces of the Power Pole, charging each of them with energy.

[Battle Start!]

'His health bars---they're 20x!'

Rhuda gulped and haphazardly knocked away his pin point accurate attacks, wondering why he was even stronger. Perhaps the mind control did it, or Granolah had been holding back before now. Either way the girls own 3x bars of Health--at level 80--would be gone in no time. Her [Items] where stocked, with five healing sensu beans, which would restore all stats to MAX.

"Haaa...ah!"

[Primal Form activated]

She held the broken power pole, charged with aquamarine energy, and Locked On to Granolah. "...This is it." She said, forcing herself to stand there.

He released more shots, which she 'sswwfs' aside to avoid, waiting for him to get closer. Once in range she drop kicked his head, knowing that was a better way to break his Guard. Granolah teleported behind her and shot at her backside; causing Rhuda to fumble a moment.

[Ki Burst!]

It worked; Granolah was pushed away. She crossed the duel power poles over her head, "Masenko!"

The blast he avoided, using his own. Rhuda jumped back and knocked it aside with her left pole, trying to keep Granolah in eyesight.

'If he gets many of those Head Shots in, I'm done for!'

'I have to calm down. Remember Dad's training! A calm mind!'

But she couldn't be calm. Her body was shaking with adrenaline, knowing every single move would draw her nearer to the Ending. All the training in the world couldn't prepare her for that type of pressure. Granolah teleported in front of her, grabbed her orange Gi in his hands, "The end!" He shouted, blasting her face point blank.

"Kya!" Rhuda fell on her back, stunned.

'My health is almost already done one bar! Dammit! Trunks---I can't do this! I'm going to lose!'

*

*

*

Gohans Home- Orange City

"Oh man..." Yamcha was biting his nails, watching the crazy fight.

Only the baby Kolard in his arms kept Gohan from doing the same. He grit his teeth, watching as Rhuda tried her best. But from his perspective, Granolah looked unstoppable. Only some crazy power up could save her.

'This is like me fighting Cell all over again...!'

Gohan squeezed Kolard, whom was sleeping in his arms. His own past flashed before his eyes; Cell making a toy out of him, all the while his Father believing in him, despite Gohans own lack of belief.

'I...have to believe in her! Chisato--! Do this! Win!'

*

*

*

Planet 04

Rhuda hopped up and charged her Ki back to Full. Just in time. "Trunks..." she hissed, running around Granolah in deep thought, "What would you do?"

'He'd find some way to win using his brain. I...have to do the same!'

She began to study Granolah; how quickly he moved, how his eyes seemed to track her with such ease, expertly seeing every opportunity to attack her vital points to cause the most damage.

'His...eyes!'

Rhuda looked to the broken power pole in her hands. 'If I can injure his eyes...then he can't spot me as fast!'

She IT to Granolah and swung the power pole, trying her best to bypass his quick defense and make it to his face. He blocked everything, however.

'This is harder than I thought!'

"Hya!" Her ribs seared with pain when he tapped his finger into them.

Her Health bar had taken a massive hit, fading from silver into yellow. She collapsed, dropping her weapon to hold the hurting injury. "Hak..." she turned and coughed up blood. Her lungs had been invaded, and the next breath she took was labored.

Granolah stomped on her foot, holding her still, and took aim for her face. Immediately she rose her free hand, blocking the energy blast, and grabbed his afterwards, pulling him down. It was hard to do, but she collided her knee into his chest, grabbed the power pole and swung it to his neck. The attack landed and jarred him just enough.

"This...is it!"

She jammed her palms into his eye sockets harshly, blasting them both at the same time.

He let out a shout and fell on his back, holding his burning eyes. "Urk! What did you do!"

"Your eyes...are very sharp. Ano...sorry, Granolah. I had to hurt them." She apologized and swiftly grabbed her duel poles, jumping at him and attacked his chest ferociously.

One, two, bars of Health he lost before recovering.

"Where did he go?!" She looked around, not sensing or seeing him at all. He'd suddenly vanished, as if using IT.

'My...my body!'

She was being lifted into the air, and saw he had a thread of energy connected from his hand, engulfing her body with it and manipulating it into the air.

"I can't see as well, but I can still sense your energy..." He said, smirking.

*Booooom*

He broke her down through the ground and held her there. The dust filled her already hurting lungs, and she couldn't properly breathe but tried to anyway.

'No..! I need to heal!'

[Items]

[Sensu Bean / Yes / No]

"Yes!"

Her Health was replenished. It was a close call, and only one more attack would have ended the match.

[Ki Burst]

She was free now from his grip and jumped out of the crater, activating [Primal Form] before topping it with [Kaioken], using the faster speed to get to him and break his Guard, punching and kicking. Granolah was squinting still through his eyes, and she didn't know how long that would last.

'I need to make the most of this. While his eyes are still damaged.'

Rhuda jumped back, Locking On and bending her knees. "Kamehameha!"

Granolah vanished from sight. Her kamehameha wave took to the air, where the girl saw it sailing off. "No!" She 'swwfss' to that blast, grabbed it with both hands and redirected it back to Granolah. "This is for you...!" She growled.

He stood there holding his head, shaking it to dislodge the blurred eyesight. Rhuda couldn't be sure that her attack would land, and needed it to be perfect. Thus she IT to Granolah and wrapped her arms around him. He struggled but couldn't free himself from the tight pin. At the last possible second she let go of him and watched as her blast did its damage.

 That's when she noticed.

While the Granolah before her had been hit, there was a second one. And that clone had grabbed her neck.

 

 

 

 

2