0.5 (edited)
1.2k 5 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

0.5

[Wish input Received]

[Character Loading]

[Character Rhuda Loaded]

...

...

...

Laying among bright green grass lay a young woman who appeared to be around the age of eighteen. Her auburn hair was pulled into two pigtails that crisscrossed, their thigh length obscured by the tall swaying grass. One would look at her and see a beautiful creature with rusty colored skin. The young woman opened her bright green eyes and sat up as if waking from a deep sleep. "Mm..."

Chisato looked around and didn't recognize anything. "Where am I? What is this place?"

The environment was foreign. Grass with patches of dirt here and there, tall mountains further away with boulders populated randomly. All in all, it was a field with nothing much to see. She looked down at her foreign appearance, not recognizing the large mountains which poked from her chest, barely contained in her school uniform.

It became obvious to her what had happened. She'd died on that rooftop, and awoken in a far away land.

[Welcome to Dragon Ball Xenoverse 3]

"Eh? Isn't that...the game I was playing before?"

Chisato could see the words scrolled across her field of vision before they changed into different text:

[Training Simulation Started]

"Training..?"

From nowhere erupted three green cabbage beings. They had sharp beady red eyes and cackled, snapping clawed hands together. Despite their tiny stature their odd features were enough to give Chisato a chill down her spine.

"Eh heh heh!" They chortled.

"Oh no..." She looked around but didn't see a weapon.

'How am I going to fight these strange creatures?'

The first one dashed across the grass and swiped towards her person with its long claws. She scuttled back, grabbed some grass and tossed it at it's green face.

+1 Health Saibaman

"Eh?! I--I gave them health?!"

(Voice: "Hey! What're you doing?")

"Ano--who's there?" Chisato looked to and fro, unable to see anyone. She thought maybe it was the strange creatures talking but their mouths didn't move, so it couldn't have been them. Just what was going on here?

(Voice: "What do you mean? It's me, Supreme Kai of Time!")

"S-Supreme...K-Kai?" Chisato squeaked out.

(SKOT: "Who else would it be, silly! Anyway, you're supposed to be training right now. Did you already forget?")

"Yes, sorry about that...uhm, so I just need to defeat these guys?" She asked the disembodied voice.

(SKOT: "Of course! What kind of training would it be if you didn't have a little challenge? Go ahead, use your Ki Blasts to defeat them. Oh! And make sure to lock on, too.")

[To lock on to a moving target, move and look in their direction.]

"Eh...okay...?" Chisato turned to the saibaman closest to her and looked at it. A ring shown around it's green head.

[Lock on confirmed! To use Ki Blasts to defeat an enemy, use 'Ki' ]

That one was harder for the girl to do. She had no idea how to use 'Ki' and thus spent a good few minutes trying, until at last growing mad and shoving her hand out. To her great surprise, orange beams shot from her palms. With five Ki Blasts the first Saibaman was defeated.

"Guuurguugahh" It said in defeat.

A tiny bar at the bottom of her eyesight displayed Stamina, the other Health. Stamina was somewhat drained but the Health bar was still filled to maximum.

(SKOT: "Good job! Just two more to go!")

"Right...two more...okay, then.."

She was incredibly confused about everything going on but knew that she had to first make her way out of this training simulation before getting answers.

Utilizing the lock on and Ki Blasts both Saibamen gurgled and fell in defeat.

[Mission Complete!]

[+500 experience points]

[+1 Sensu Essence Capsule]

[New Skill Unlock: Ki Shot Burst]

Chisato sighed in relief. It seemed that for now, all the enemies were--

"Arhahh!"

Another Saibaman, no wait, five more, and this time they were coming in right for the attack!

She backed away and turned. There were large boulders nearby and she jumped over the closest one. There were just too many!

(SKOT: "Oh no--! This isn't part of the training!")

(SKOT: "Maybe I should send in some help---oh, Trunks! Are you there?")

(Trunks: "Yeah. Looks like trouble.")

(SKOT: "Trunks is on the way, Rhuda! Hang in there!")

'Rhuda?'

That had been her characters' name. Things were beginning to make sense, if only a little. Perhaps this was just some strange death dream, then.

Chisato would have to defend herself until help arrived it seemed. She stood.

(SKOT: "Watch out! They're coming!")

"Kya!"

Chisato was kicked into the sky. The Saibamen surrounded her on all sides. There was little time to figure out a good defense.

(SKOT: "Use your Ki Burst to knock away enemies!")

Oh. Right, that new skill she just got. Wait--how was she supposed to use that?

[To use Ki Burst, channel Ki and release from all sides. Can only be used once every five minutes]

Once every five minutes? That time limit seemed poorly done and wouldn't work in her favor at all. Still, Chisato remembered how to use her Ki and channeled that same anger, only this time making sure to use all of her limbs. As such she was spread eagle and looked quite imposing. How was she even flying? She had no idea but would fret about that later, when she wasn't in peril.

She successfully used Ki Burst and was able to knock back four saibamen. Right afterwards, Chisato used her Ki Blast and took aim, quickly firing off shots until each saibaman fell.

"Ano...I think I got them--"

The last of the five attached to her back. She slung herself around trying to get it off but it wouldn't budge an inch. "Kya! Get off me!"

"No! Supreme Kai!" She shouted.

(SKOT: "Rhuda, oh no! It's gotten onto her back!")

SLICE

"Guuuraaghhahh"

Something slithered over her person. She glanced back and saw that the cabbage man had been defeated, sliced into two pieces. The slithering feeling was it's gooey plasma. It fell down to the dirt twitching before vanishing altogether.

"Sorry I'm late."

Chisato had never heard such a unique, raspy sounding voice. It was connected to an even more rare sort of person, and her heart tripled its beat right away.

Long lilac hair held back in a low pony tail, bright cobalt eyes which gleamed with intelligence, and a perfectly shaped face. His strong brows lowered down, as if sensing something strange, and she eyed his form next. Broad and bulging shoulders, covered with a brown turtle neck and a black, shiny trench coat. That trench coat ended at his knees, and he wore a belt around his waist, holding up gray pants. His feet were clothed with black boots with white trim.

She couldn't decide if he was more handsome or beautiful, but somewhere in between the two.

[Trunks Briefs]

"Thank you!" Chisato gasped. She had never seen someone so handsome before in her life; how could he even exist? It didn't seem possible.

His intense expression relaxed, before looking her over. Right after he said, "Uhh...seems like you're missing your time patrol equipment."

"Kya! I'm so sorry--ano, I don't--I mean--" she fumbled for words and tried to explain, ending with, "...Please forgive me!"

Instead of angered, the young man shook his head and removed his trench coat. The reason for his actions lie in the tightness of her outfit, pronouncing everything vividly. He extended it over, "Here. You can wear this for now."

"Oh no! I couldn't do that, ano...it's your jacket, sir."

Trunks paused.

"You're being very respectful today," he said.

'Should I not be?'

Chisato was confused. She was only being herself. Was that so strange? Perhaps her character wouldn't act the way she was. "Sorry, ano...Trunks. It's just, that's your jacket, and...I couldn't possibly take it from you."

"It's okay. Just wear it. You can return it to me later, alright?"

'He's very kind.'

She dipped her head, bowing it. "Thank you so much. I'll return it right away."

"Y-Yeah. Don't worry about it."

Chisato put the jacket on. It went to her new ankles and covered her arms and hands. She looked like a child wearing her fathers clothing.

'It smells wonderful. Like...cologne.'

She sniffed it without meaning to. Never before had someone offered their jacket, and she'd be sure to thank him properly for it. As her eyes met his, the latter ones widened and fluttered away. "Let's get going. You uh, did great by the way."

"I did?"

"Yeah."

22