.02 (edited)
634 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.02

 

While Rhuda went down the steps of Conton City in search of her Instructor...

Across the galaxy, just on the edge of the universe in fact (if you make it to Universe Six then you've gone too far) sat a lonesome purple planet all by itself. It was tiny, although not as tiny as North Kai's world. On this planet there were only three beings--

An angel attendant by the name of Whis, a destroyer God in the form of a hairless purple cat, and his fish Seer.

Beerus the destroyer yawned widely, showing off sharp incisors and threw down the toothpick he held. A pile of ramen cups sat behind his throne chair. "Haaa....I'm so very bored. There's nothing exciting now to entertain me. How long has it been now since Goku turned Super Saiyan God again?"

To his right the angel Whis blinked a little and replied, "...It's been quite some time. I'd say five years, My Lord."

"Five whole years already? And he still can't beat me, not even close." Beerus frowned and stood up to pace back and forth with his clawed hands behind his back. "At this rate I'll never have a proper archrival."

"I did try to warn you about that so called vision of yours." 

"Can it Whis!" 

"Hm hm, why don't you go to another Universe then? Perhaps a warrior there will prove to be your match." Whis suggested. He tapped his long staff on the ground and a green hologram erupted, exposing the various universes. There were Twelve--no, hang on a moment, thirteen? Whis put a manicured finger to his chin. "I do seem to recall that we only had twelve universes. Has another one been made? Why wasn't I informed of this?" 

Beerus walked over to look at the hologram. "Hey you're right...it's a tiny one right now. There's only a handful of planets made. And what's that area there? The one all blurry." He pointed to a smudge in the thirteenth universe, to which Whis replied, "That's a space time separation. There's only one deity who can perform that. I wonder what's she been doing there.."

"Oh, you mean the Supreme Kai of Time. That little runt who made me the most disgusting and foulest pudding I've ever ate! Just thinking about it gives me indigestion." Beerus shivered. "But why would she need to make a separating thingy? Oh, wait, hang on I'm remembering something...that's right. She made a plane of existence some time ago. What was that place called again? It's on the tip of my tongue...coco City, Connon City, Co...conquest City..."

"Conton City, My Lord."

"That's the one. Hmm...I've not been to it in quite some time. It used to be in this Universe last time I checked."

"That's correct. She must have transferred it further away. Perhaps as to not disturb the flow of time for us here. There were all those ruffians from before coming and going. It was a regular hot spot for awhile. I can't say as I blame her for that."

"Zoom in on Conton, Whis. I want to see what's she's hiding in there."

Whis tapped his staff and the image zeroed in on Conton. They observed the Time Vault, Conton, and all of it's linked places. "Back it up a bit Whis. There. Who is that? That person looks familiar..."

"That's Broly. He's a saiyan, although not the same we're used to. You see, he's what the saiyans call a Legendary Super Saiyan."

"Yes, yes, I remember him pretty good," Beerus said. "But I can't help but wonder what he's doing in Conton...hmm, let me guess, Goku had something to do with that." 

Whis laughed behind his hand. "Correct. Goku used the wish orbs a few years ago and brought Broly to Conton. Oh! It appears he isn't alone. See that figure, that one there?" Whis pointed at a woman with brown pigtails walking along, "That's his sister. What was her name? Ah, Rhuda I believe. Hmm...strange, I thought she died along with Planet Vegeta. It seems the number of saiyans keeps growing."

"Yes. Well, what are the chances either of those two would be the cure for my boredom?" Beerus asked hopefully. His tail wagged.

Whis thought it over. "It's hard to say. I can't seem to get a reading on Rhuda. Strange, that's never happened before... As for Broly, he would entertain you for a while. You see, the Legendary Super Saiyan's power will only keep growing exponentially while fighting. Don't you remember what happened with the last one?"

Beerus yawned. "Nope."

"I see. Well, you were younger then. Their strange power came from a deity and saiyan mating."

"Ahh, I do remember that after all. Wasn't it a dragon and an ape or something like that? Disgusting."

"Ho ho! Yes. The strange pairing produced an oddity to be sure. We kept Zalama, but got rid of that one."

"Wasn't it called the Ancient One or something pompous like that?"

"Indeed."

"Well if we did get rid of the Ancient One, how did these two manage to escape?"

"My Lord....I'm not sure about that either. Let me think a moment." 

Beerus waited patiently for Whis to remember. The Angel snapped his fingers. "There was a banquet that day. You'd stuffed your belly and felt a little merciful."

"Hmm...I see. Well that does sound like me. At any rate, these two are distant offspring..." The God of Destroyer smirked a little, "Let's get going Whis. I'm itching for something to work this soreness away."

"Very well."

***

***

***

"Instructor, instructor..." Rhuda kept pulling up her [MAP] to see where it was she needed to go. Conton wasn't very large but everything was new to her, so she wasn't in a hurry to reach her goal. As such she glanced around and tried to memorize the surroundings. There appeared to be apartments, merchants, and even a silly little street light. Considering the other [players] weren't using a car it seemed a bit unneeded. 

Speaking of those players, there were only a few different races she noted. Namekians, Earthlings, a three footed race with varying skin shade, and pink blobs. 

Rhuda noticed they were all staring at her. "Is it because I'm new?" She asked herself.

"Nope!"

"Kya!"

The sudden voice to her right made her leap into the air. She clutched her chest and turned to see a handsome man with blue armor standing there. He had spiked dark brown hair, brown eyes and tan skin. He grabbed his stomach laughing, "You should have seen your face! Priceless!"

"..."

Rhuda tapped back down to the ground with a frown. "That wasn't very funny," she told him.

"Sorry, sorry. Couldn't help myself. So, you new to the game?"

"Eh? You--you know it's a game?" She grabbed his shoulders, "Are you real?!"

The man edged away a little. "Er...yeah, I'm real alright." A brown tail behind him wagged with friendliness. "My character name is Shallot."

"Shallot? You must be a saiyan like me!" Rhuda replied, noticing that wagging tail.

"Yup. We're a rare breed around here. So, did Truck-kun get you too?"

"Truck-kun?"

Shallot nodded matter of fact. "Yeah, ya know, did you die and get transported here?"

"...I...Yes...I did.." 

He patted her shoulder. "Join the club. Check it out, see everyone here with player name tags? That's how we all got here too. Did some old dude give you a game to play? Real seedy looking guy?"

"Yes! That's the one!"

"Mhm mhm. He got me with it too." Shallot sighed, "I'm not sure I'll ever leave this damn game."

"Eh? You mean...you can't leave even after beating it?"

"Beating it? Hah! They keep adding new enemies and DLC's! I tell ya, I just wanna find whoever made this and strangle the--" Shallot stopped short, "Er, hey there Sir."

[Vegeta]

Rhuda turned and saw Vegeta standing there. His arms were crossed and he was wearing a gray armored outfit with a Capsule emblem on the front and white boots. His padded armor was also white with gold innards. The tips of his spiked hair defied all laws of psychics. "Hn. What the hell are you two yammering on about?" He asked.

Shallot gulped. "We were just talking...about...Goku! Yeah. Right, uhh--whatever your name is?" He jabbed her with his elbow. 

"Y-Yes! I mean, G-Goku just came by and he was...e-excited.. b-because..." she glanced around, when Shallot interjected, "...because a new enemy just showed up!"

Vegeta frowned. "Dammit! That clown! I bet he's already fighting, using that cheap trick to beat me there!" The saiyan took a deep breath, "...no matter. I'll get my turn eventually. So, are you done goofing off here Rhuda?"

Rhuda nodded.

"Good. Let's get going. I'm not going to let Broly surpass you." His dark eyes blazed a little, "I refuse to let him even have one ounce of satisfaction for training the Legendary Super Saiyan!"

Shallot wiped sweat away and gave Rhuda a thumbs up. 

A tingling began in the girls chest. She wasn't alone after all! The future was looking brighter already. 

Rhuda followed behind Vegeta and glanced back at Shallot, seeing him give a bright smile. Shallot was a friendly person and seemed helpful. She planned to talk more with him as soon as possible. There were a lot of questions that needed an answer, after all.

Vegeta led her towards the Academy before standing resolutely still. Rhuda asked, "So...are you my Instructor?"

"You're joking I hope." 

"Yes! It was a joke!"

"Hmp. Quit acting like we don't know one another." He grabbed her hand and pulled Rhuda against his chest, giving the girl a squeeze. "...It's annoying," he added.

The girl's heart began to race and wouldn't calm down. He was holding her and he smelled like the word Gucci. Rhuda squirmed a little because it was overwhelming and sudden---

"Vegeta."

A voice said behind her. Vegeta frowned, "If you're looking for Kakarot he isn't here."

Rhuda was finally free and she had to take deep breaths to calm back down. It appeared she should have some knowledge about this Vegeta person, but her mind was blank. Yet from his reaction they had to be quite close to one another, hugging in public.

The newcomer was large, like a towering giant wearing armor of black and purple. White trimmed his shoulder pads and he had some sort of green furriness wrapped around his waist. On his tan cheek was a X shaped scar. His dark brown hair was shaggy in texture and ended at his mid back. 

"I wasn't looking for him. I wanted to see...her," the giant said. 

That towering giant walked over to loom in front of Rhuda. It was like comparing a flea to its animal host. She squeaked and hid behind Vegeta, who merely grunted with annoyance. 

"Wait your turn," Vegeta told the giant. "Right now she's my pupil and you won't be interrupting our match!"

"..." The man's dark eyes narrowed a little. "It will only take a minute," he assured her Instructor. 

To Rhuda it appeared that Vegeta and him didn't get along too well. She didn't want to be part of whatever they had going on, so she hopped from behind her spot and said, "I-I'm right here!"

The giant lifted her up and squeezed her to his chest none too softly. He burrowed his face into her shoulder and nuzzled like an animal. Rhuda whimpered a little. It tickled so bad and made her feel strange, very strange, so strange that she hid her face shamefully. Just who was this stranger holding her? Rhuda had no idea.

"Sister. Did you eat this morning?" He asked, setting her back down.

'Sister?'

[Broly]

She remembered that name from the posters in Japan, advertising the 'Broly' movie. He was her brother, she supposed. What a giant brother she had.

Rhuda shook her head, "I...don't remember if I ate." She told him.

"Please remember to take care of yourself," he said gently. Broly rose his hand and Rhuda cowered--

("You stupid bitch! I told you to be back by seven!") 

It was with much great fear Rhuda waited for the inevitable smack, yet it didn't come. Three seconds passed before her eyes opened, feeling a soft warmth on her head, gently ruffling the thick hair.

'That's right. He isn't my father. I'm not Chisato any more. I'm...Rhuda. His sister.'

'What is this feeling?' Rhuda wondered.

It was new. Warm. Tingly. It lit her insides like she were in front of a bonfire. Even her face was hot. 

Something wet began to fall from her tan cheeks. She sniffed, but it only made the problem worse. Rhuda touched her face and realized that she was actually crying. 

Broly stopped petting her and frowned cutely, "Is he bullying you again?"

"N-No, b-brother..." 

"Then why are your eyes raining?" He asked.

"I--I I don't know...I'm sorry...!" 

The knowledge that she was crying for literally no reason at all only made it worse. Her bosom heaved, tears dropping and sliding between the cleavage. She turned and ran from both of them. 

'Why was I so happy? He was only petting my hair. But my heart...it's never felt like that, since my mother....since mother was around.'

Rhuda kept running blindly until at last bumping into someone. She fell down on her bottom and peered up through misty eyes to see who she'd hit. 

A peachy hand reached down. On their wrist was a blue armband, and she spied blue boots and orange bottoms. A chipper voice said, "Heya! What's the rush?"

 

11