0.6 (edited)
331 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

0.6

Trunks watched as Rhuda's face lit up excitedly.

'Was it something I said?' He wondered.

She smiled a little and pounded her flat palm, "Of course!"

"Hm?"

"Ano...sorry. Just thinking out loud," She said.

He smiled a little with amusement, looking off. The improvement of her attitude was so sudden it almost gave Trunks whiplash. Indeed, the Rhuda he'd known to be brash, rash, and arrogant seemed to have struck her head or had a split personality. He couldn't help but think it was all a little odd and filed it away to review later. The next thought was an image of her blushing furiously while wearing his trench coat.

'It looked huge on her. But...somehow, it wasn't bad at all.'

That brought warmth to his cheeks and he blurted out the first thing he could, "I see. No worries. I uh, talk to myself quite a bit. I-I mean, when no one's around, of course."

'That sounded...really lame.'

Trunks cleared his throat and said, "Anyway, where have you been to so far?"

Rhuda said she'd been to see her Instructor at the Time Patrol and had looked through the shops. Trunks listened and added, "Sounds like you've gotten the basics. See that area over there?" He pointed to a golden roofed gazebo with Patrollers swarming it, some jumping over and over like they'd glitched, others continuously changing attire, "Those robots are designed to help you get stronger. There are missions available when we're not busy here at the Time Nest. If you're free, go check them out. It can help a lot. Other than that, we've recently added our very own Time Chamber to Conton. Only the Elite can go in there, and only for two days at a time."

"Time..Chamber?"

He nodded. There was a spark of enthusiasm in his blue eyes as he explained: "The Time Chamber is a dangerous place. I've been in there a few times myself and it's never easy. The farther you go in there, the harder it gets...."

Rhuda appeared curious about the Time Chamber. She nodded, "Doesn't sound too bad. If you can do it, then.."

Trunks frowned at her.

'If 'I' can do it? It's not a walk in the park. Maybe she means something else. But, even then...'

She hurriedly said, "I meant--ano--I just--"

"...Being a half saiyan, you mean?"

"No! Not at all!" She shook her head, leaving the swordsman wearing a heavier frown. He crossed his arms and said tightly, "...As a warrior, I know the risks involved with training in there. Don't judge it before you even try--"

Rhuda flushed crimson and bent over, holding her head dramatically in her hands. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like that!"

"..."

Trunks blinked in puzzlement. He glanced at her, away, and back again, unsure of what to do. It was an extreme reaction to his minor offense, really. One he'd expect it he were a king or something, not a time patrol leader.

"I just meant, oh--don't be mad, please--I just meant that I have you and Broly and everyone to help and--" she looked up at him pleadingly, as though he'd strike her on the spot. Not at all like the Rhuda he remembered.

Still, leaving her fretting he was beyond livid wasn't good to do. Trunks nodded. "I get it. No worries; I'm not mad."

She let out her breath and he stared at her shaking hands before she hid them behind her back. Just what she was thinking he had no idea, but it wasn't good apparently. Trunks fell silent, deliberating.

'Rhuda would never do that. In fact she loved to insult me. I can't help but think...this person...isn't her. It can't be. There's no way.'

Trunks realized he'd been staring at her a long time, long enough for Rhuda to turn red and stammer, "You're really mad aren't you? I mean, I didn't mean it like that. I just know that y-you and Vegeta wouldn't let me go in there without proper training..."

"Rhuda." He said, putting his hand on her tiny shoulder. Within the green emerald of her gaze he was reflected. He never noticed they were so vibrant and clear, like green moss hit by the sun, a million dark lashes surrounding that forest. Trunks stared into them a little dazed.

"Y-Yes?" She flinched at his touch.

"...I understand. Relax."

*

*

The hand on her shoulder was warm and gentle just like the man himself, which gave Rhuda goosebumps. She peered up at his sky blue eyes, noting their gentle glow. Even his lilac brows had relaxed. She half mumbled, "That's good. I-I'm glad for that. I...would never want to, to make you upset with me.."

That's when she heard whispers that weren't quite whispers from the crowd. They were commenting on Trunks and his nearness, hinting some type of romance. Hearing them too, Trunks released her shoulder and motioned around, "You here to pair up with someone?"

"N-No. Never mind..." she said, but her eyes strayed over to Shallot and his group of friends, seeing that the circle had grown. All at once her motivation fled. He was a real life player after all, and had loads of experience in the game already. If she went up to him asking for advice, surely he would think she was lame. Rhuda stood there 

Trunks scratched his cheek. "Uh, well, maybe it would be good for you. What do you say?"

"I couldn't do that! Don't be silly!"

"It won't hurt to give it a go. Let's see...I'll find someone for you. Hang on."

He walked over and the crowd parted away from him like he was sort of king. Eventually Shallot saw Trunks going to him and stopped talking. Rhuda was too far away to hear what was said, but saw Shallot look at her, smile, and waved her over. His brown tail wagged happily.

Trunks introduced Rhuda to Shallot. "This is Rhuda, Broly's younger sister. She's new to Conton and needs a partner to train with when she isn't on missions."

Shallot nodded at her. "We've met. Sure, I'll help out. Don't mind helping the noobs every once in awhile."

Trunks laughed. "You'll find that she's a quick learner. It will be good for her to learn from an Elite."

They continued to have small talk for awhile until at length Trunks said, "I'm going to see if mom had a chance to look at the training simulator. Why don't you two do a quick mission? I'll meet you after."

Rhuda and Shallot nodded. They watched Trunks leave, and Shallot made a face: "That guy is sus as hell."

"Sus?"

"Yeah. If I didn't know better...." he squinted his brows together, "Nah, never mind, I'm probably wrong. Anyway! I've got a hunch you're not just here for a training partner. So what's up?"

Rhuda fiddled with a lock of her hair and summoned up the courage to ask, "...T-The story line...uhm, is it supposed to start with Broly being hurt and a villain named Fu showing up?"

Shallot's dark eyes widened. Clearly he didn't know what she was talking about and finally voiced, "Seems like you've got a update we don't have. Hm. I wonder what that could mean. My story started with a mission to the past...yadda yadda, typical game beginning. But yours sounds like something way more interesting than mine. That's not fair.." his shoulders drooped with a sigh, "I'm a saiyan too."

Not wanting the player to feel left out, Rhuda placed her hand upon his shoulder and gave him a tiny smile. "...Ano, if it's possible for us to do co-op together, then...i-if you w-want to, that is...uhm.." her tan cheeks became sun burnt.

"Co-op? Sure! Sounds like it will spice up this place a little. I've been doing the same side missions over and over." He grinned. "I'm maxed out in levels and stats, so I'll take anything at this point."

They shared a smile of friendliness, tails wagging behind them. Shallot extended his fist out and Rhuda pounded it with hers, giggling. She was just beginning to think that this place wasn't all bad when she recalled the Super Dragon Balls.

"Shallot? Do you know how to get the Super Dragon Balls?" She asked.

Shallot blinked a few times, "Super Dragon Balls? ...Those are for granting any wish. Why? What did you have in mind?" He leaned over and got almost nose to nose, "You're not thinking of becoming the strongest warrior or something lame like that, right? 'Cause that's cheating."

Waving her arms back and forth Rhuda quickly reassured him, "No! Not at all! I was--I was thinking of going home, you see. Back to the real world."

"Real...world?" Shallot reared away like she'd smacked him. He whistled and placed his hands behind his head. "Man! Hear I was thinking you'd do something cool. The Super Dragon Balls could theoretically grant you that wish, ya know, assuming they're magic like whoever the hell brought us here...but you'd have to have a way to find them. And the only one who has a radar for that is Mr. Perfect."

"Mr...Perfect?"

Shallot nodded. "Yeah, you know, the genius leader of the Time Patrol. Trunks Briefs."

So Trunks had the only radar capable of finding the Super Dragon Balls. It made sense, considering he'd told her that he once found them and made a wish to bring everyone in his timeline back to life. Rhuda mulled over her options. She definitely wanted to go back to the real world, and to do that she'd need to get her hands on those big balls.

Dragon balls, mind you.

Rhuda sighed in defeat. "As if he'd let me have that. It's hopeless.."

"Not necessarily..." Shallot's mouth lifted at the edges. He glanced around and conspiratorially whispered, "...From what I've heard he's never had a girlfriend in his life! I bet that virgin would fall for you in no time. And once he's pussy whipped, BAM! Get the radar!" Shallot put his hands on his hips and looked all too pleased at his brilliant idea.

Rhuda flushed until her ears steamed. She covered them and huffed out, "W-W-Why would I do that? I couldn't do such a thing!"

Just thinking of getting closer to him only for that reason left her with a bad taste. 'No! No way!'

Shallot sighed so hard his chest deflated. He rolled his eyes and replied, "You're forgetting this is all a game. So what? Break a few hearts; heh, I know I have."

"Eh? You've broken hearts?"

Shallot nodded. "Yup! Why do you think Vegeta doesn't like me? Me and Bra had a thing going for awhile. 'Course, when she found out about my little outings with Marron that kind of fell south. What a shame."

"You and who?"

"Marron. Krillin's daughter. Man is she just like her mom!" Shallot's grin grew perversely large.

Rhuda decided then and there that she didn't want to be like Shallot at all costs. The idea was revolting. Shallot had dropped a few points in her book. "...Anyway. I couldn't do that to Trunks no matter what, so I'll have to think of something else."

"I'd say you could kill yourself, but we both know you'd just re-spawn."

His words sparked an idea. And also brought to attention that her version of the game must be very different as it forbid a re-spawn.

Rhuda gulped. "...Re-spawn. Right. Ano, can we put off our training until later? I...need to do something."

"Sure. We've got all day anyway. If you need me I'll be here or over at Kame House."

They parted ways.

Rhuda looked to and fro, not seeing an 'NPC' nearby. Shallot had either given her a brilliant idea or a horrible one; either way, Rhuda would attempt to one shot herself and see what happened. At the most she'd die and cross over to the after life like she should have. 

What would be strong enough to kill her with one blow? If she only had one hit point left, that would be terrible. 

'The...gravity chamber!'

5