19.0
143 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["Look at this data! She's already written over the character presets she chose."

"My. It seems like finally, we've got one who fits the bill. IF..."

"...If she doesn't get killed, you mean?"

A dark chuckle was heard. Then, "Exactly. Maybe I was a little too zealous. Still, we need her to live until Fu returns."

Both stopped talking when Giblet entered. "Then let me go meet 'her'."

"Giblet...how nice of you to show up. Fine, go ahead. But...play your part well. We can't let those Z warriors onto what we're trying to do."

"Understood."

Giblet left.

The two remaining smirked at one another. "He's a perfect pawn, don't you think?"

"Rather cruel if you ask me. But if that's how you get your jollies..."

"He's going to play a big role for us. Help her....corrupt the game data."]

 

Trunks watched as a worry line formed between Rhudas' dark brows. She caught his eye and smiled. "...You're probably right about what they're doing."

He nodded. "We don't know for certain yet, so we can't jump to conclusions."

Seeing that she was worried, Trunks put his brown gloved hand on her tiny shoulder. "Don't worry. We're all here and ready to do whatever we need to do to keep you and Broly safe."

Broly nodded, but frowned at Trunks a little as he was touching his cute little sister, and walked over. "...Let us speak alone."

"Ah...yeah." 

Rhuda followed Broly out of the Time Nest and to its surrounding concrete entrance. She looked up, up at his tense face, seeing how deep his eyes were. "Brother?"

"...I don't want you to be alone." He said.

"W-Well, I've been staying in Conton most of the time. The only time I'm alone are when I go to bed, but even then Lord Zamasu is there." Rhuda smiled gently, touched once again by her caring giant of a brother. 

Broly bent down and hauled Rhuda up so that she was sitting on top of his shoulder. "That isn't good enough. Stay with me instead."

"You mean...Planet Vampa?"

"No...I have been staying with Vegeta."

Staying with Vegeta meant that Rhuda would be near Trunks---she quickly shook her head, not wanting to impose. "I--I couldn't do that. I'll be fine here. They can't come to Conton, right?"

"...Before...they have. The tiny Kai moved this place, but if they've done it once, there is a chance..." he frowned. "A chance is all they need."

"I understand.." Rhuda looked at his ruffled head, wanting to reach out and touch it. After all, he was her brother and it should be fine. But her hand hovered just above his head, unsure. 

"Rhuda..."

Broly gave her a tiny smile and moved her hand to his head before swinging her to his chest. "My sister." He said possessively. "...I won't lose you a second time."

The girl in his arms warmed. She'd never had a hug from her family---not like that, and Rhuda shakily leaned to his thick neck. "...I am...Brolys' sister..."

"..."

A foreign emotion came out and spread across her mouth. She let out a nervous giggle, snuggling tightly to her large brother. When he hugged her she was lost within the folds of his muscle mass but enjoyed it very much. "Broly is so warm. I feel like...I'm under a heated blanket." She said shyly.

"You are cold?"

"No--No--ano, I was just comparing...never mind me."

Broly didn't like not knowing. He lifted her chin, furrowing those thick brows. "...I am listening. Tell me."

"Ah...w-well, you're really warm, y-you know? L-Like a heater...or something."

He chuckled and brushed back her bangs, pecking her forehead. "Many times you say how hot I am. Too hot. This...is the first time you say it as a good thing."

"O-Oh?"

Now Rhuda was curious about her time with Broly of Planet Vampa. Surely the two had gone through many harsh winters together, and she wondered at length what that had been like, even feeling a knot that she would never truly know. Broly, seeing her still, pinched her red cheek. "Thinking too hard."

"Hya!"

...And she was tickled until she was crying tears. "Ha--ah ha--!"

***

Trunks watched from afar as Rhuda and Broly spoke to one another. He saw how happy Broly made her, and looked at his hand. 

I wonder if...she would ever laugh like that with me, he thought with a clench of his fist.

There was a strange emotion run through his half saiyan veins. He watched Rhuda cling to Broly, not realizing what it was at first until his teeth ground together. "Am I...really jealous?"

He shouldn't be. They were---well, no, actually they weren't siblings. Rhuda was Chisato--

Trunks spun around. "...I'm being...selfish."

***

Rhuda parted ways with Broly, who asked her to train with him later as it had been a long time. She agreed nervously, knowing full well Broly didn't know she wasn't actually Rhuda--and would likely get pummeled. Which meant she needed to level up and fast.

Thus she forgot about her burning questions regarding the beautiful Kai Zamasu and sought out Shallot. 

He wasn't to be found. 

Not at the Plaza, not at the Academy, and not even spending his time at the convenient replica of Kame House atop a rock cliff. Rhuda jumped down, feeling a little lost. "He's...always been here. Where could he be?" She asked.

Then she saw him.

He was leaning on the pillar of the Plaza, talking amongst people. Except...well, instead of the normal blue armor she remembered, he was wearing a crimson cloak, hooded pulled back, and dark gray boots with black gloves. She hesitantly walked over, and he at once snapped his head to her direction.

"Rhuda..." he said slowly, pushing aside Maijin and namekians until standing before her. He grabbed her hand, bowed and kissed the back of it. "...What a beautiful creature my eyes have saw."

"S-Shallot, cut it out!"

She snatched back her hand.

He chuckled. "You've come to find me."

"I-I have. You see...Broly wants to train with me today. Except with my low level I just know that I'll be one shot." Rhuda frowned. "...Can you spare some time to help me grind my way up?"

Shallot blinked. "...low level...? I see. Yes, I'll help you grow stronger."

"Thank goodness. I don't know what I'd do without you Shallot." Rhuda smiled. "So, what PQ should we do?"

"...I'll let you pick."

Rhuda was hesitant to choose another PQ where she would be facing the unknown. She asked, "...Would it be bad to go for a harder mission?"

"Not at all. I'm quite skilled, you see. Pick whichever you'd enjoy most." Shallot smirked, wrapping his tail around hers. "...Although I find pairing up with you most interesting."

Shallot was acting odd. Rhuda didn't know what to make of it, but found herself flustered and sputtering, "W-Well okay then! I'll--pick the hardest. Okay?"

"Very well."

Just as she chose the PQ, she took note that Shallot was still in her [Party], sent and invite, and closed the [MENU] with confusion. "Shallot? Aren't you still Team Leader?"

"...You can lead. I will follow. You needn't worry about forming a team." He answered calmly.

"Ok, then."

Rhuda chose the PQ mission with Seven Stars.

[System: PQ Mission Selected: Tournament of Power]

[Go Alone? Yes / No]

"Yes..."

***

Shallot was startled when he got an Invite to a PQ with Rhuda. Especially considering it was for the only Team Co-op Mission, T.O.P. He jumped from the Mushroom Forest where he'd been sky gazing and didn't see Rhuda anywhere around the Plaza. "...Damn. She's gone on her own?"

He wasn't really worried. Only startled that she'd choose that particular mission, knowing that she'd be killed with one hit. It wasn't...like that noodle head at all.

Matt and Vann walked over to him. "Shallot, my man, changing gear again?"

"...Huh?"

Matt motioned to his outfit. "You had a sick cloak on a minute ago. Where'd it go?"

Vann nodded. Shallot blinked at his friends, wondering if their 'addiction' had finally gotten to them. "...I have no idea what you two are rambling about." He answered.

"Bro?" Vann asked, crossing his thick arms. "Dude, you were just here like not even a minute ago with Rhuda, going to do a PQ."

Now Shallot was not only confused but alarmed. "...No...I wasn't..." he said slowly. "...You're saying I was just here...in a cloak? With...Rhuda?"

Matt and Vann nodded. "Yep!"

"Shit. This isn't good you guys." Shallots' tail waved with agitation. He looked up at the Time Nest. "...Maybe this is part of a DLC."

"Naw man, you've got it wrong. You were totally here talking to us and everything."

"That wasn't me." 

"What? Like there's another Shallot running around with Maxed Stats? It had to be you. Quit messing with us dude." Vann glared. "It's already bad enough you've got the hottest chick here. Now you're trying to screw with us." 

Shallots cheek dripped sweat. He had a bad feeling...

"...I'll catch up to you guys later."

Shallot flew over to the Time Nest, through the Portal, and saw Trunks talking with GT versions of Goku and Vegeta. "Trunks!" He shouted.

Mr. Perfect glanced over at him. "...Shallot. Hey. It's been awhile since you've been here. What's up?"

"No time. Look, have either one of you sent Rhuda to do a PQ without me?" He asked. All shook their heads. "No," Trunks replied with wide eyes. "She's not good enough to do one on her own yet."

"Then...we have a problem. There's been a guy spotted down at the Plaza with Rhuda. They...went on the hardest mission together." Shallot said.

Trunks dropped the Time Scroll he was holding. It unfurled as he powered up into God Mode. "...They've made a move. Shallot, let's go! Rhuda needs us!"

SS4 Goku and Vegeta flew right behind.

 

 

5